It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Cities Hit By Protests For Fifth Day As First Death Reported... Iranian Civil War Phase 1

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So this has been going on for a week and has anyone seen or heard about it on any MSM in the USA or Western media at all??
What will this lead to ? we have seen this type of unrest before and it seemed to lead to a Civil war in the other countries that this happened....

Videos posted on social media purported to show rallies in the capital, Tehran, and in the cities of Karaj, Shiraz, Mashhad, Isfahan, and Qom, as Iranians brace for the return of U.S. sanctions following President Donald Trump's decision in May to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.
Demonstrations ignited by anger over economic hardships continued for the fifth day in northern Iran on August 4, a day after media reported on the first protester death and an attack on a Shi’ite seminary.

www.rferl.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Guessing this is what inspired the Iranians to say they are willing to talk to Trump now. Looks like negotiations may actually happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I'm pretty sure the sanctions being reinstated last night were responsible for the change of heart regarding talks.

There will be a revolution in Iran this year...but I pray it will be relatively bloodless.
The Iranian people have simply had enough of the Mullah dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Those pesky Iranian Citizens, who do they think they are?

Here's hoping they can put enough political pressure on their government to get things going.

The Iranian people seem to want more than the government is willing to give them. That's not a good situation for a "Supreme Leader".

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: CynConcepts

I'm pretty sure the sanctions being reinstated last night were responsible for the change of heart regarding talks.

There will be a revolution in Iran this year...but I pray it will be relatively bloodless.
The Iranian people have simply had enough of the Mullah dictatorship.

Rarely is anything bloodless in that part of the world.

But, I will join you in a prayer.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Just looked at those cities where the protest were..... they have spread South. The first wave of protests were more in the North. Thats got to be worrisome to the Mullahs.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Knew a lady who had imigrated here from Iran. She said most the people in Iran dislike the government, but they are either resigned or apathetic. Looks like they finally broke out of that mold.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Now we just need ISIS- I mean, "moderate rebels" to start bringing down the regime, and we can have a whole new destroyed country to baby sit for the next 100 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The CIA, probably mercenary Black Water types too, boots on the ground stiring up trouble. Agitators of the worst kind.

The intel community with its compartmented SCIFS and operations sending and receiving information. Feeding and ingesting.

The media will focus heavily on any violence during these protests. Reminiscence of Libya. Their drumbeats soon to follow.

Trump will continue attacking Iran with his own personal artillary, Twitter. Team Trump will defend and parrot.

The oil companies smile with glee.

Declaration of war with Iran, Operation Here We Go Again, will be announced on Twitter.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would like to see the Iranian people restore a bit of sanity back to the ME and become a beacon of hope again.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lulpin
Now we just need ISIS- I mean, "moderate rebels" to start bringing down the regime, and we can have a whole new destroyed country to baby sit for the next 100 years.

Sorry, can't do that, Hillary Lost the election.

........But she did win the popular vote and stayed at a Holiday Inn.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Protests have become fairly common place since the transition between the former President of Iran Amhadinejad (horribly misspelled) and this current Rouhani guy. I know we covered some last year and the year prior here on ATS, but they were not too big.

Iran is the last one up on the chopping block. We got enough of Syria for what we need, Libya has been partioned as well. Cuba has already undergone a soft assimilation and Venezuela is a ticking time bomb on its own. South Americans tend not to sit idly by while being ruled by dictators like Middle Easterners do. Iraq, Sudan and Somalia were taken last decade. NK, well its got nukes so it decides its own fate now apparently.

Iran is pretty tough, it will certainly be one epic story however it finally goes down.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is plan A.. no direct military intervention, turn the public against them and create another Libya/Syria...

'' Its worse now, I just got this from upstairs, its a memo that describes how we're going to take out 7 countries

Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Syria, Sudan, Iran ''

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

So this has been going on for a week and has anyone seen or heard about it on any MSM in the USA or Western media at all??

Fox has covered it here and there.

Not sure about "civil war phase 1". This stuff isn't new. There's been protests there several times before with people killed and there was no civil war. I would love to see the Iranian people take their country back from the extremists but I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
This is plan A.. no direct military intervention, turn the public against them and create another Libya/Syria...

'' Its worse now, I just got this from upstairs, its a memo that describes how we're going to take out 7 countries

You mean that bogus theory about how some general said they had plans to invade all those countries "in the next 5 years" 15 years ago and we've still only invaded 1 of them?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You mean that bogus theory about how some general said they had plans to invade all those countries "in the next 5 years" 15 years ago and we've still only invaded 1 of them?

I think you are naive if you believe the protests/riots/overthrow in Libya, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen were not directly manufactured by western intelligence agencies.

There's no secret Iran is squarely in the sights of those same agencies.. and wallah, large scale protests are breaking out almost play by play to the previous countries.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I think you are naive if you believe the protests/riots/overthrow in Libya, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen were not directly manufactured by western intelligence agencies.

There's no secret Iran is squarely in the sights of those same agencies.. and wallah, large scale protests are breaking out almost play by play to the previous countries.

We've absolutely been involved in those countries, and a lot more.

But the theory was specifically that we were going to invade those specific countries. So 10 years after we were supposed to have invaded all 7 of those countries, we've invaded a total of 1, and we already invaded them before this silly theory ever surfaced. Syria our master plan appears not to have worked because Assad is consolidating control there. Yemen is still a mess, no telling what the outcome is going to be there. And Iran has had protests for years.

Sorry, you got played.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

actually

'' we've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq '' - done

'' we're going to take out 7 countries '' not invade!

libya - taken out
yemen - being taken out
syria - destroyed
sudan / lebanon - leadership changed

After Iraq, the west learned that militarily conquering a country isnt the best way to take over a country

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

actually

'' we've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq '' - done

'' we're going to take out 7 countries '' not invade!

libya - taken out
yemen - being taken out
syria - destroyed
sudan / lebanon - leadership changed

After Iraq, the west learned that militarily conquering a country isnt the best way to take over a country

Okay I'll concede invasion just to give you a fighting chance.

So let's tally up.

Libya's leader was taken out, the country is in turmoil and a favorable outcome to the US is far from certain. Unless you get specific about what the goal was, I don't see how you can put that one in the Mission Accomplished column.

Yemen isn't looking good for us either.

Syria is far from destroyed. Their military is largely intact, their government is intact, they haven't changed loyalties to the US. So, again, what's the endgame of this plan? What was the goal? Whatever we were supposedly trying to do, it doesn't appear to have worked here either.

Sudan and Lebanon leadership changed? I thought they were supposed to be "taken out"? If that just means leadership change, Syria, Iran and Yemen are all fails. If it's something more, then these 2 are fails. And let's not pretend governments don't change in numerous countries all over the world.

What about Somalia? That was the 7th country.

And again, all of this was supposed to be done 10 years ago.

No matter how you spin it, this theory is bogus.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Interesting developments, but not surprising.
I think there is more underlying Emotion and passion here than anything caused by the USA.
I have a feeling, that the people, especially the young, educated, self aware people, have been looking at the history of their country, and are now questioning Why? Why? are they More oppressed, less freedom, less choice, less rights, than their forebears, seemed to have in the free 1960s and 1970s (early to mid).

The young and educated are realising they are being taken for a ride by their Govt...
Due as much to Hollywood as any, Many of them realise that they are descendants of the great Persian Empire, which controls much of the middle East at its height.

I can Really see these current developments, as a backlash to that "Arab" religion..Islam!!
Im sure educated Iranian Persians, are now starting to question the Mess that the Arab Desert Camel Jockeys "Religion" has caused the Persian people....Islam is Not the Religion of Persia.

I bet the young people of Iran have seen the senseless, idiotic destruction of ancient civilisations art, statues, temples by the brain dead Muslim Taliban, ISIS, Daesh etc, including destruction of Persian history, and think to themselves....our "Leader" is one of these brain dead zealots.

Perhaps it is time for the Persians to arise, maybe bring peace and stability to the region.....of course, with the USA supporting the Arabs....this must change first.

I met a 30yo person last year at work, when I ask where he was from, he proudly stated, "I am Persian".....not from the ME or Iran.....but Persian.

Lets see if they can make a peaceful change, without the crazy Americans coming in and bombing the sh** out of the place, as they seem to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join