It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia threatens to support Quebec’s secession from Canada.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

All the Saudi's do is export oil, and terrorists..we can do fine without either.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

My grandfather was British Military Intelligence between the wars and possibly into the second world war but took a grace and favor job training Mounties over in Canada, I have family in Canada but am British myself.

It's not so much nationalist as a very deep respect for the Canadian's, there was that bit were the French Canadian's did not want to get involved in WW2 BUT those that did also fought well above there weight and a hell of a lot of them while reticent to join there English speaking cousin's DID join the free french to do there bit for there ancestral mother country.

Canada is of course two country's, (more than three) if you take account of the native nation's that also call the vast nation home, a nation second only in geographic size to Russia and with comparable untapped resources to Russia.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... i didnt know saudi planned to execute a candian citizen by beheading so thats news to me but it seems they commuted the sentence

In March 2008, Mohamed Kohail became famous, as he is a Canadian man who may be the first westerner in decades to be executed in Saudi Arabia.[7] He has Canadian citizenship and the Saudi government plans to behead him in public.[7] The Canadian government is debating on whether or not to appeal for clemency. At the time, this event was thought to possibly cause difficulties for Canadian-Saudi relations.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: TheHenchman
a reply to: Nickn3

Read the post, and then ask yourself the same question again. Better Yet ask every Nation what they've been doing for the past 1000 years. Then dwell in your own hypocracy on who's better. No one is better, everyone is f'd at this point. So playing favorites really doesn't make any sense in the short of it.

No one understands honor and decency towards their fellow Man anymore, that's the problem.

National relations are more than war. Walking into a meeting knowing who has your back is very important. It may even prevent conflict.

It certainly does. This is a Power War, a Monetary War. And it won't end well if it continues on it's current path.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

If Canada was America, The Saudi's wouldn't be threatening them with anything.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheHenchman

I am constantly amazed at how many people Donald Trump is in cahoots with. Next thing we know, he'll be good friends with a janitor in a women's clothing store that was caught peeping at the dressing rooms.

Trump's relationship, so far as I have seen, with both individuals is based around what they are doing as it concerns the US.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I am constantly amazed at how many people Donald Trump is in cahoots with. Next thing we know, he'll be good friends with a janitor in a women's clothing store that was caught peeping at the dressing rooms.

Trump's relationship, so far as I have seen, with both individuals is based around what they are doing as it concerns the US.

TheRedneck

I honestly couldn't say, along with any other President who was accused of being a dick. The difference is that I actually like Trump, and I really hope and pray that he pans out unlike the other 30 Presidents who promised Hope but failed miserably.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
to the guy that asked=

Different Forum.

Not related.
edit on 6-8-2018 by TheHenchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

a reply to: Nickn3

Read the post, and then ask yourself the same question again. Better Yet ask every Nation what they've been doing for the past 1000 years. Then dwell in your own hypocracy on who's better. No one is better, everyone is f'd at this point. So playing favorites really doesn't make any sense in the short of it.

No one understands honor and decency towards their fellow Man anymore, that's the problem.

National relations are more than war. Walking into a meeting knowing who has your back is very important. It may even prevent conflict.

It certainly does. This is a Power War, a Monetary War. And it won't end well if it continues on it's current path.

The Saudi's are using their number one weapon they have, their large pocketbook. Trudeau went too far for the Saudi's taste. He obviously hit a nerve.

I think the message was pretty loud and clear from them.

Sometimes quite diplomacy works better than public chastising.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You're not trying National Shame Lab now are you?
edit on 6-8-2018 by TheHenchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Don't tell me I missed this year's Battle For and Against Poutine?!

You see every year in Canada we have this tradition where Quebec threatens to separate from Canada and to cease exporting maple syrup and poutine to the rest of the country. Canada then responds by saying we'll withhold, well, everything else. Then after a short but intense staring contest Canada and Quebec shake hands (the other hands are behind their backs with fingers crossed) promising that this is the LAST year we'll have a Battle For and Against Poutine.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
before we have the 7000th iteration of a Trump discussion in this thread does anybody have any real info I can read with theories as to what's going on with Canada and SA?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Yeah but every year you don't have to deal with Saudi Arabia's intervention on it do you. I fail to see how Muslims have the final say in how Canada, an Anglo Saxon Nation deals with Quebec.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Yeah but every year you don't have to deal with Saudi Arabia's intervention on it do you. I fail to see how Muslims have the final say in how Canada, an Anglo Saxon Nation deals with Quebec.

To be frank, Canadians don't give a damn about outside intervention or interference when it comes to Quebec Separatists, because in order to separate the entire country has to vote for it and every poll has shown a vast majority against separation. 84% of Canadians outside of Quebec say no and 82% of Canadians inside Quebec say no.

But hey, at least for a little while our news stations will have something to talk about other than how ridiculously good looking our Prime Minister is.

ETA - Bloc Quebecois is the traditionally separatist party of Quebec. In 2015, of the 78 house seats that Quebec elected, only 5 went to BQ. So yeah, we're definitely not worried.
edit on 8/6/2018 by MonkeyFishFrog because: More data!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
before we have the 7000th iteration of a Trump discussion in this thread does anybody have any real info I can read with theories as to what's going on with Canada and SA?

Found this on another thread

www.vox.com...

www.cbc.ca...

And another ⬆️
edit on 6-8-2018 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Well the Saudi's are hitting far above there own weight, they mistake the relatively small size of the Canadian population for weakness and do not understand just how tough and brave the Canadian's can be in war, and that is just for there friend's but threaten there family's and I suspect the Canadian Bear's - both of them will wake from there hibernation very hungry indeed.

Perhaps they should do some brushing up on there military history before they pick a fight with a nation that actually has both better soldiers and far more oil (even if that is in the form of shale oil and let's not forget all the other natural resources should the Canadian's ever choose to exploit them) then they do.
listverse.com...

Sure are taking a lot of credit for the bravery of your grandparents.... you elected a lefty, you follow the liberal doctrine.. your days of battlefield glory are over
www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca...
legionmagazine.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: toysforadults

Found this on another thread

www.vox.com...

www.cbc.ca...

And another ⬆️

not buying it, over a tweet? highly unlikely...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Why so amazed? Trump goes on about muslim extremism but does big business with SA..the real hotbed of extremism.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Hey, I did vote moderate Left but you have the wrong country I am in Blighty.

That said it certainly beet's checking out a camel's teeth, castrating some poor black guy whom has been kidnapped and illegally sold into slavery in one of those hidden Saudi slave auction's which are not supposed to exist anymore but we all know do or any number of other depraved activity's of a pretender to glory whom will lose all once it's oil run's out and then have to rely on handful of aging nukes which some seriously misguided yank allowed them to have eh!.

If I was you I would bet on the winning horse and from were I look that is Canada, it's not only the horse it's also the bloody race course.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia gets away with much crime, and evil, like the source of jihadi terrorism only because it is an ally of America.

The world should come together and denounce Saudi and defend Canada. But many countries are afraid of them because like Israel can do any crimes it wants because the US backs them up, Saudi also thinks it can do anything it wants since the US is their protector

edit on 6-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join