It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to Banks: Give Us Your Data, We’ll Give You Our Users

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I had to read the first headlines I saw about this twice, not believing I had actually read it correctly!

One of those WTF! moments.

The only way this can surely happen if is the government, well some anyway, change the laws allowing such huge transfers of information, which to be honest also flies in the face of privacy policies we all agree to when signing up for bank accounts etc.
If my bank actually transferred any of my information without first asking for my consent, I'd sue them without hesitation.

Again though, they may be shielded from such action, which is why the UK government gets to transfer public data to foreign nations when it outsources services which, as far as I can tell, seems to make a mockery of it's own data protection laws!

Young Mr. Suckaturd is really turning out to be a rather insidious character, despite his hyped philanthropic and caring persona!

Wouldn't be so quick to say that unless you've actually read the agreement you signs when you started doing business with them. I think most companies probably leave themselves plenty of outs. And then at the end, they top it all off by saying something along the lines of "We reserve the right to change our policy at any time without notice and there's not a damn thing you can do about it because you signed this paper. We hope you actually read it and thanks for giving us your life!"
edit on 7-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think my information has been bought, traded, or stolen so many times by now that I cannot manage to bring myself to care much anymore.

I don't know how to get that particular genie back into the bottle short of a Carrington style even that blankets the majority of the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And it takes one hack to risk all that data.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no craigs list dating site....

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Facebook to Banks: Give Us Your Data, We’ll Give You Our Users

Which is why only an idiot uses FB.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I almost forgot about this but could this be what they are up to?

Remember Zuckerberg's visit to China a while back?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join