It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Funny you should mention CNN. They have inspired more violence then alex so shouldnt the be banned as well?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Flatcoat

So? That is just their opinion and reasoning for banning the content.

Yes, but the trouble is that reasoning could be applied to anything or anyone at any time....you don't see the problem?

Well that is how opinions work. People adopt or don't adopt them. Again I fail to see the problem here. Apple did nothing illegal, and I can't weep over AJ's predicament. He'll still be making millions of dollars off of the gullible and stupid regardless.

If you disagree with Apple then boycott them.

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: bastion

Today, Candace Owens was banned on twitter for 12 hours for posting the EXACT same tweets as the lefts newest star but substituted the word 'white' for 'black' and 'jew'.

The lefts newest star got a pass, Owens got banned, then an apology due to 'algorithm error'

It's happening across all platforms.

I don't think many people are going to be outraged by Apple taking Alex Jones off of Itunes. It's their servers, and they can decide who gets space on them.

That said, I think they will eventually go after softer targets. With society getting looser about who they deem conducting hate speech we may see these platforms start selecting who is welcome to be a part. I wouldn't argue with people about Jones, I've heard times where what he has said could be considered hate speech, not prosecutable by law but by definition I'd say so.

I don't think that Ben Shapiro has conducted hate speech, yet he's been accused of it. I certainly don't think Jordan Peterson has conducted hate speech, yet there are troves of people after him. (If anyone has instances of either of these two doing that, I'd be open to hear it)

In the end though, private companies can share their platform with whom they'd like. At the end of the day, especially with podcasts and twitter, there are other venues for getting media out on the internet. It may end up biting them in the ass. Some people aren't so offended they'd sacrifice variety for "altruism".

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm sure there are; I just have other priorities.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Put your data on the cloud they said... It will be safer they said...

How long have I been warning people to not buy into the cloud? I'm surprised they havent tried to make it illegal for the public to own personal storage so they can control information better.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Funny you should mention CNN. They have inspired more violence then alex so shouldnt the be banned as well?

Proof??

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Less people are going ti care than you think....

Opinion noted.

Even so, they will care about the principle of blatant double standards, because that is what is at stake here.

*double standards

Nah just morons harrassing parents or mrdered kids and screaming stuff about gay frogs.

Are any on the left as famous, demented and extremist as Jones et al? Or rely soley on fake content?

If Jones doesn't like it - he can set up his own site instead of breaking the rles of others. It's called freedomn.

Good question. There doesn't seem to be any equivalent to Jones on the Left that has put themselves in a similar situation. So to say this is a matter of a double standard is false, unless you subscribe to a false equivalence.

It's funny how some claim to be all about freedoms, yet whine when people use their freedoms in ways they do not like.

Today, Candace Owens was banned on twitter for 12 hours for posting the EXACT same tweets as the lefts newest star but substituted the word 'white' for 'black' and 'jew'.

The lefts newest star got a pass, Owens got banned, then an apology due to 'algorithm error'

You say that she was given an apology and unbanned.

So what's your point?

They corrected their "mistake".

Correct?

Take a listen to what she has to say.........

Candace Owens [video - 7mins]: Sarah Jeong, the @nytimes, and the truth about racism in America.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Take it up with Apple. Tell them this and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

How do you immediately have 3 stars w in seconds of every post....

That makes me curious...

Earlier I posted under you and literally before my short reply was even done... Stars....

And why are your posts the only one w mysterious +3 stars?

Irs almost like.... Well never mind

Lol! You have three stars in less than 90 seconds from when I started my previous post to when I submitted.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Opinion noted.

Even so, they will care about the principle of blatant double standards, because that is what is at stake here.

*double standards

Nah just morons harrassing parents or mrdered kids and screaming stuff about gay frogs.

Are any on the left as famous, demented and extremist as Jones et al? Or rely soley on fake content?

If Jones doesn't like it - he can set up his own site instead of breaking the rles of others. It's called freedomn.

Good question. There doesn't seem to be any equivalent to Jones on the Left that has put themselves in a similar situation. So to say this is a matter of a double standard is false, unless you subscribe to a false equivalence.

It's funny how some claim to be all about freedoms, yet whine when people use their freedoms in ways they do not like.

So what's your point?

Correct?

Candace Owens [video - 7mins]: Sarah Jeong, the @nytimes, and the truth about racism in America.

Was she unbanned and given an apology or not?

What she had to say is not really relevant to your point whatsoever, if what you said is true.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

heres one of the more recent ones ill find yah some more

www.cnn.com...
edit on 6-8-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Lmao as soon as I posted that.......

But honestly look at the other posts.... Seems odd

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Proof??

Coin, please. It's ATS 2018! We don't require "proof" anymore.

We have anti-proof.

Or spoof.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah. Just yell, "FAKE NEWS!" and that gives you instantly 10 stars, and we all know that stars = proof = truth. DUH

link   

Opinion noted.

*double standards

So what's your point?

Correct?

Was she unbanned and given an apology or not?

What she had to say is not really relevant to your point whatsoever, if what you said is true.

It's 100% relevant, also, you can't watch a 7min video in 2mins - tis just not possible.

link   
a reply to: drewlander

Now so do you..... Someone stepping up their multiple account game...

Notice we're the only ones other than him in the whole thread though

And were talking about it

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

heres one of the more recent ones ill find yah some more

That video is hosted on Youtube and not Apple though. Youtube isn't involved with this situation.

link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

People follow threads and as people like them they give stars.
Do not insinuate it is dodgy it isn't.

link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

People follow threads and as people like them they give stars.
Do not insinuate it is dodgy it isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join