It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distrubing movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 8/6/2018 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Oh you're talking about the 1997 one. I never saw that, though I did know the most recent one was a remake. Now I'm gonna have to find the original and watch it.
(I'm good at paying attention, honest.)

edit on 8/6/2018 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Try terrarium tv. It has everything

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I try to actively avoid the seriously graphic stuff like Human Centipede. Nope.

Honestly, the one movie that disturbed me to the point of shaking and feeling nauseous was 30 Days of Night. It was a typical vampire movie, to be honest, but once the movie really got going, I was knotted up and shaking so hard - sweating and unable to look at the screen. Most of the movie I was staring at the back of the seat in front of me, or off to the side at the theatre wall. I just could not look at the screen. The sounds were more than enough.

Never have I ever had any movie before or since affect me that way and I don't know why.

When I was a kid, there were two movies that did really freak me out and I had nightmares, but nothing to the above level. One was about vampire bats - Nightwing (1979,) the other was a 70's version of Dracula that I'm pretty sure was on BBC.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Put me down for 'Funny Games' as well... Like you said, it's a masterpiece but takes a pair to get through. The American remake is also very well done.

I'm going deep for this one, but the silent film 'Begotten' edges out the #1 spot for me...

It's an art film that opens with God committing suicide, which through pain, torment and all kinds of disturbing images eventually creates new life.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Disturbing? It looks like a comedy to me. I have watched horror movies all of my life. I have probably seen close to 800 in my 41 years. The ONLY movie that I can say ever genuinely disturbed me was a movie titled "The Fourth Kind." If you haven't seen it, do so.

So if you have seen close to 800 horror films in your life and The Fourth Kind was the one that disturbed you then Im guessing you have seen pretty commercial releases. Even more since it came out relatively quick that The Fourth Kind movie was not really close to the story it was based on.

If you want to get really disturbed go with Megan is Missing, A Serbian Film (somewhat overrated I think but a lot of people are bothered by it) Inside, Martyrs , Irreversible, Antichrist, August Underground series...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join