It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distrubing movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just watched Tusk on Netflix. It is the most disturbing or gross movie I've seen since The Human Centipede movies. The movies share the same premise too.

Anyone else watch this yet? It definitely had my interest.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

yup... love Kevin Smith

This movie was bloody twisted, and just weird though

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Disturbing? It looks like a comedy to me. I have watched horror movies all of my life. I have probably seen close to 800 in my 41 years. The ONLY movie that I can say ever genuinely disturbed me was a movie titled "The Fourth Kind." If you haven't seen it, do so.
edit on 6-8-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I saw it, however, I didn’t think it was that great.

It was a dark comedy I think. I mean it wasn’t scary and it was stupid enough to make me laugh. I truly expected more from it, but was disappointed.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Saw it. Also felt like basically a comedy to me. It was way too campy to be gross or disturbing. Plus it's Justin Long! I mean come on... from Apple commercials and Dodgeball to a burlap walrus costume! He's finally arrived.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I would like to see this one but over here in France we always have to wait 6 blummin months...

Until then I will just have to amuse myself with pictures and snuff videos that never happened between Augustus and DB the last time they didn't come across to France to visit my dungeon filled with 6 large freezers and equipped with all types of torture equipment that of course never really happened n'est-ce pas!?

Their excuse was that they were in Vegas on a business trip...

Erm... Augustus... Can I have my old leather bag filled with old fashioned autopsy material (For that medical conference you told me about) and that pig mask back please... that you never borrowed of course when you went on your business trip to Vegas!?

Thanks

Lags

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Looks pretty tame. Been a long time since I've seen anything truly scary.

I'll check it out, but I doubt anything's going to over more disturbing than that twisted American Horror Story show.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I've really never understood the enjoyment some people find in watching films depicting people being tortured in horrible and sickening ways, for no other purpose than pure graphic exploitation.
I can handle violence in context, such as like that shown in Game Of Thrones when its used as part of the overall narrative, but suffering and cruelty shown as the central premise I just find really sick.
I know some like to justify it by calling it "social commentary" or metaphorical or whatever but to me that's a pretty lame excuse for showing the extended torture of a young girl(or whoever)in vivid detail.
If that's what people like, fine, not my place to judge but personally I like my characters to be not in mortal terror, in one piece and not covered in blood and guts. YMMV.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

funny games is by far the most chilling cruel and confusing movie i've ever watched - had to stop in the middle. its a masterpiece but you need guts to watch.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Tusk was pretty good. Pretty weird.
Most disturbing movie I've ever seen was called "Antichrist" with Willem Dafoe. It was extremely hard to watch. I sat through the whole thing once and never will again.

*shudder*

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

LOVED Funny Games!!! In my top 20, easy.
Pretty twisted.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

i love the acting, specially the bad boys - the blond guy (frank giering) was a brillant actor but killed himself a few years ago. mühe and lothar (parents) are also dead.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

on mühes funeral they shown two movies from his past. one of them was funny games.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Good grief! I've now just read about two of the most disturbing films I can even imagine. Sounds like Funny Games should be titled "Life Sucks and then you Die", and Antichrist should be titled "Sex on Sandpaper; Welcome to Hell".

Thank you for the head's up on movies to...avoid!

Wow!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Tusk I found to be more of a moderate horror film and possibly more of a comedy. If you think about it, the main character sort of deserved what he got, but then again no one really deserves to be turned into a Walrus.

My favorite/least favorite horror movie was, Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer. After I watched that, I never left my doors unlocked again. Just a horrible, horrible movie - and totally based on a true story.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I have no interest in seeing this movie.
Kevin Smith started great but he hasn't made a good movie since he since he started smoking weed.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
michael parks did a great job in tusk, other than that..well.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Yep. I have watched alot of scary movies and the only one that ever upset me was "The Fourth Kind."

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Disturbing? It looks like a comedy to me. I have watched horror movies all of my life. I have probably seen close to 800 in my 41 years. The ONLY movie that I can say ever genuinely disturbed me was a movie titled "The Fourth Kind." If you haven't seen it, do so.

I share a similar sentiment. The most disturbing movie I ever saw was also one that was entirely realistic... No special effects, no crazy plots, no wild action scenes.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Good grief! I've now just read about two of the most disturbing films I can even imagine. Sounds like Funny Games should be titled "Life Sucks and then you Die", and Antichrist should be titled "Sex on Sandpaper; Welcome to Hell".

Thank you for the head's up on movies to...avoid!

Wow!

I went into "Antichrist" knowing nothing about it, and just going on the title.
Don't think I've ever done that since. I don't recommend that movie to ANYONE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join