It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump acknowledges purpose of meeting with Russian lawyer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yawn..

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Kharron

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged with each tweet. It’s amazing to see so many people recently being taken down because they wrote something terrible on Twitter, Roseanne, James Gunn, but Trump continues to be immune to this phenomenon. Well, maybe that is until now, NYT: Mueller looking through Trump's tweets.

Why is this news? And why do you sound so excited?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Yup. You Trump hatters wants to dismiss all corruption from Obama administration.

BUT OBAMA.

BUT HILLARY.

Have a problem with that?

Why doesn't the Trump Administration's Justice Department charge them with something?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Please educate yourself on the Uranium one deal. And please please do not use Clinton Cash. LMAO. but but but

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sad thing is, we all can picture you doing just that! Clapping and giggling that is.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
President Trump is very frustrated with this Russian incident, and it’s clouding over all the positive things

NK peace, accelerating economy and other stuff

They realy need to get him off Twitter, his aids are failing or they want him to fall and be replaced

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yes, she did SWITCH to talking about Russian adoptions and lifting sanctions, which prompeted the abrupt end of the meeting.

None of this was denied. It WAS SUPPOSED to be for dirt. They had none. The meeting was a set up by FusionGPS. They were being paid by the DNC and Clinding campaign jointly, which is a violation of election finance laws.

He did not lie. You need to twist and cherry pick statements out of context.

The email chain by Don JR was released BEFORE the statements by Trump and was done so willingly and very openly.

Can we say "hit piece"...

Junior took a meeting to obtain information that was part of the Russian government's help for Donald Trump. He said "love it".

Trump just admitted that the purpose of the meeting was to get that information. HE tweeted it!!

These are their actions and their words. No "hit piece" is needed.

Trump's tweet this morning is like a kid periscoping a joyride in a stolen car. It really was that stupid.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

How on earth are his close aids allowing him to compromise himself like this all the time on twitter

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sad thing is, we all can picture you doing just that! Clapping and giggling that is.

Actual photo. . . . .

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
a reply to: PistolPete

How on earth are his close aids allowing him to compromise himself like this all the time on twitter

They've tried. They readily admit he won't listen to anyone, which is a problem in and of itself.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

his aids need to ask twitter to shadow ban him!🤣

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yawn.

Wake me up when a real story arrives.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

President Trump is very frustrated with this Russian incident, and it’s clouding over all the positive things

NK peace, accelerating economy and other stuff

They realy need to get him off Twitter, his aids are failing or they want him to fall and be replaced

I agree that they really need to get him off of Twitter. One would suspect that this should have been done a year or so ago but it hasn't. He still tweets all the time. This brings up other questions of why not, why has it not happened.

One, like you suggest that his aids want him to fail, but how can that hold water. Did he not choose them himself? Would he allow himself to be counseled and aided by people of his own choosing that were not loyal to him? That makes very little sense I think. After all he has told us over and over that he is the smartest guy in the room and will choose only the very best to work around him. That was one of his big campaign pledges.

So, if not that, then why do they not stop him from tweeting. I think that he appoints and hires, rather than the best people, toadies and yes men who fear to stand up to him. One could easily surmise that this is how it has always been hence feeding into his ego that he is so superior to everyone else. They know that if they cross him it's ''out the door what's your name again''.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I don't know what that is, but it sounds like a bad idea.
How would we ever know what he really thinks, and what he believes?

I don't want him to stop, scary as it is, full of # as it is, I want him to keep on keeping on.
edit on 8/5/2018 by angeldoll because: #give somebody enough rope

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Angel says they have tried but he just won’t listen

seriously most of his problems are from the stuff he does on twitter, if you took that away he would be in a far better position

Ok would still have the mueller investigation in the background , but without that twitter stuff he would still look a lot more presidential

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I’m joking Angel, it’s when you type stuff on Twitter and no one can see it but you think everyone can

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is a great example of a liberal lie - decieving by sensationalising a nothing story about old news.
We already knew the meeting was set up to discuss opposition research.
Shame on the OP for regurgitating fake news spin.

Trump Jr stated it at the time and even said they were disappointed that there was no opposition research, instead some boring meeting about the Magnitsky Act. No one said they were doing the meeting to discuss the Magnitsky Act. They said that was what ended up being discussed and they cut the meeting short.

Yet here were liberals rewriting history and lying.

Oh, and seeking opposition research is legal - from ANYONE.

edit on 5/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Assuming the opponent refered to was HRC, would information gathering be illegal? What if the information sought had to do with the Uranium 1 deal?

Not illegal and, if it is, then the foreign sourced for campaign fund payments dossier had damn sure better result in a criminal charges as well... which it hasn't. So...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Swills

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged with each tweet. It’s amazing to see so many people recently being taken down because they wrote something terrible on Twitter, Roseanne, James Gunn, but Trump continues to be immune to this phenomenon. Well, maybe that is until now, NYT: Mueller looking through Trump's tweets.

Why is this news? And why do you sound so excited?

Where in my post does it come off as if I'm excited? Was it my lack of exclamation points or use of ALL CAPS?

Why is this news? Seriously? Firstly, it's news because Trump want's it to be news. Secondly, after, what 2 years now, of claiming NO COLLUSION, NO COLLUSION he now admits collusion but this time it's totally legal, according to him.

Lemme guess, you support Trump? If so, why is he always immune to any criticism from Trump supporters? It's always deflection or dismissal with that camp.
edit on 5-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I don't know what that is, but it sounds like a bad idea.
How would we ever know what he really thinks, and what he believes?

I don't want him to stop, scary as it is, full of # as it is, I want him to keep on keeping on.

Actually, this whole notion of the ''president'' or whatever other name we want to give to any ''big man'' being able to almost instantainously communicate his thinking to the ''people'' is a radical development.

For most of the history of the US, that communication was accomplished by written statements provided to newspaper and magazine outlets to be printed up, sold on the streets and consumed at home or work. This process would take at least days to happen. And that was only locally. News to the other side of the continent took weeks.

Then there were the radio ''fireside chats'' where the prez would announce a ''talk'' well in advance and people knew when to tune in. Those were only like 80 years ago, generally.

Then TV and announcements could be made much more quickly. Even as late as Obama, these messages were anticipated and ''broadcast''

But this is new, and being new needs to be understood in light of how it can affect people in general. In a way I like the whole notion, but like all things knew and sweeping in their effects needs to be understood in light of the whole gestalt of national leaders and citizens. The good and the bad.

I'm sure that many of Trumps followers feel more connected to him, that they can feel that they are receiving direct and up to the minute data on the evolving state of MAGA. This I think is a HUGE lesson for all of us to learn for the future.

We all need to be aware and concerned that this new ability in the hands of anyone more competent than Trump could easily be much more disastrous than what we are seeing now. That goes for the left as well as the right.

Trump has given us a bad example of this new ability and we need to understand that this potential to immediately whoop up the legions and that this ability needs to be countered by deep consideration of it's effect on everyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join