It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night vision headlamps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Oh....a headlamp......NiteCore, say no more.......3 volt rech argables....the ones everyone uses now

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Okay, now that I have a minute...

I understand what you're looking for now. Just a headlamp, the "night vision" in the title confused me.

We'd be dead without headlamps, especially in the wintertime when everything we do is in the dark it seems. We've got all kinds of them, you can't have too many. We've tried the Black Diamond ones, the Petzl ones, the Browning ones, and honestly the brightest and most durable ones we've found are the Energizer ones you can buy at Home Depot and lowes. They're not too expensive and they will light up the field of view around you. Depending on which model you get, you can even get one that has a red LED as an alternate so you don't wipe out your night vision.
edit on 8/5/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have a whole host of headlamps and I agree the Energizer is the best. I even keep extra batteries attached to one of the bands just Incase. I mostly use the red at night just because it’s easy on the eyes. But for durability I use my Firestrike when out backpacking. I worry that a big ding would destroy my Energizer lamp.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If you are going to the Amazon rainforest you should probably not want something cheap .
Otherwise you could end up in a really bad situation....you won't see the giant snake hanging from the tree, that will swallow you whole.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am a total flashlight nerd dude.

The best headlight ever imo is a Zebra light with the flood lense and an 18650 battery.

The UI and runtime is unreal. Waterproof, tough, insanely bright, and not just for a few minutes, check out run times below. It allows you to adjust and save three pre picked brightnesses select them from the button without cycling through the others and blinding everyone. It goes from moonlight low to about 1400 lumens.

If you buy the smaller headlight model's mounting piece, it holds an extra battery perfectly on the strap.

link

Light Output (runtimes)

High: H1 1400 Lm (PID, 2.8 hrs) or H2 875 Lm (PID, 2.9 hrs)/502 Lm (PID, 3.2 hrs)/264 Lm (6.3 hrs)
Medium: M1 127 Lm (13.8 hrs) or M2 56.4 Lm (28 hrs)/22.9 Lm (2.8 days)/8.5 Lm (7.3 days)
Low: L1 2.9 Lm (18.5 days) or L2 0.92 Lm (1.5 months)/0.26 Lm (3 months)/0.07 Lm (4 months)
Beacon Strobe Mode: 0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1

Run any 18650 flashllight on AW batteries only imo.

AW Protected 18650 3400 mAh on this one is great.

I've got about 6 years of heavy, almost daily use with no noticable performance drop and have used it in the pool and ocean.

Sounds like a sales pitch, but it is an unreal light, I've run most brands, and they suck in comparison. Even the high end "pretzles"

Runs for 4 months on low lol, but the 13.8 hrs runtime at 127 lumens is probably the most impressive number there.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have a Princeton Tec Remix Headlamp. It is comfortable to use and very bright. Not pricey too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join