It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Police Execute Kid With Down Syndrome And Autism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

Well then the Scandinavian media is being sensationalist when they are calling it an execution style killing. I think that is obvious enough that you could’ve included that in the OP instead of repeating it.

All of the pieces of the puzzle seem to be there. the kid was holding what looks to be a very realistic looking toy. They say he was acting in an erratic and threatening manner. Which could make sense.

Otherwise we would have to accept that they are going around and hunting people with down syndrome. Is that what you are proposing? Because that’s what it sounds like in your OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Otherwise we would have to accept that they are going around and hunting people with down syndrome. Is that what you are proposing? Because that’s what it sounds like in your OP.

No, I don't believe that people with down syndrome are being targeted by trigger-happy police. The question is whether they are trigger-happy or not. They obviously made a mistake. Maybe they'll need to change something, to prevent it from happening again. And if it turns out they were to blame somehow, they should not be allowed to cover it up.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
More proof police are too afraid to be trusted with lethal weapons. From shooting hostages to gunning down autistic people it sure does look like a bunch of idiots with guns and badges.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Ya think?? Maybe you should call the precinct and let them know.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Police need be trained to recognise that not members of the community will react to instructions regardless if they have a gun pointed at them or not. The police need to have training sessions with special needs kids/adults to understand the problem first hand.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It is a tragedy but those kind of things happen

If it happens to someone close to you, will you just move one like this?

it was a mistake, yes. but how do you feel now and how will you feel if it hits you and not some other familiy very far away?
edit on 5-8-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Well between this and that one thread about the knife wielding guy with a hostage here in the US some days ago. I got to say that cops got there work cut out for them, and not from criminals. I didn't even know Swedish cops carried guns. Thinking on it for a second, no real criminal would just walk around at dusk carrying a gun and playing around with it, there not that stupid. Most especially the professional criminals. Or at least the successful ones. They should have known that.

So even in low light, you should be able to tell something is off. But hey, maybe the parents should not have got him a life like toy Uzi, or at least paint it orange or something so people know its a toy, especially seeing the kid has down syndrome and is not likely to think along the lines of maybe I should not play at cops and robbers with random people. So who is really at fault here?

I suppose that the Swedish are not as used to guns as most Americans. And yes most gun deaths more then should, happen because of stupid reasons, real real stupid reasons. And now they know. Its one of those statistics they don't tell you about, kind of like they don't tell you that in war a lot of deaths actually happen from friendly fire, just people in the wrong place at the wrong time, or even slipped on a wet rock and accidentally pulled the trigger. And bam, somebody just died. Yes # like that does happen. A lot.

A gun is not a toy, and should not be treated as such. But anyways, I thought Sweden was anti gun or some such, didn't even know the cops carry guns there, since when do they have shootings and such issues?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Motorcade

Eric loved motorcycles. In about three hours from now, a motorcade of motorcycles will move from his mother's home to the spot where he was killed. They don't know how many motorcycles there will be. This motorcade will not protest against the police.

Efter tragedin – en motorcykelkortege anordnas till minne av Eric (in Swedish)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
RIP Eric

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here's another video of the motorcade for Eric Torell

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
People with mental illnesses are killed by cops all of the time here.
We even leave them on the street to die because we don't care.
It's sad.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
At least 7 shots were fired. After Eric was shot by the police, it took 10-15 minutes before somebody checked if he was still alive. It turns out he was, but he died later at the hospital.

Vittne: Eric, 20, låg skjuten i tio minuter (in Swedish)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Moohialdrin Ali Al Surmi (30) talked to Eric Torell, and noticed that he had Down syndrome and that the gun was a harmless toy. He tried to explain this to the police. They pointed a gun at him instead...

Vitne forsøkte å forklare politiet om Erics (20) tilstand – da fikk han en pistol rettet mot seg (in Norwegian)

Jeg satt i en stol i hagen og snakket i telefonen. Da kom gutten med Downs syndrom. Han hadde med seg en lekepistol. Jeg så at det var et lekevåpen, og at det ikke var ekte, sier Moohialdrin Ali Al Surmi (30) til Expressen fredag.

Da 30-åringen prøvde å fortelle politiet om Erics tilstand, hevder han at han fikk en pistol rettet mot seg.

– Jeg ble lei meg på hans vegne og prøvde å prate med politiet og forklare hans mentale tilstand, men de ga meg ingen sjanse og rettet bare en pistol mot ansiktet mitt. Jeg ble forvirret og forstod ikke hva som skjedde, sier han til Expressen, og legger til:

– Politiet rettet pistolen mot meg, så jeg hevet hendene mine. Da senket politiet pistolen og jeg senket hendene. Det var det som skjedde og det jeg så. Jeg ville forsvare han, jeg er sikker på at han bare ville leke og at politiet hadde gjort en feil.

I was sitting in a chair in the garden talking on the phone. Then the boy came with Down's syndrome. He brought a toy gun. I saw that it was a toy and that it was not real, "said Moohialdrin Ali Al Surmi (30) to Expressen Friday.

When the 30-year-old tried to tell the police about Eric's condition, he claimed he had a gun aimed at him.

"I felt sorry for him and tried to talk to the police and explain his mental condition, but they gave me no chance and just directed a gun to my face. I was confused and did not understand what was happening, he says to Expressen, adding:

The police directed the gun against me, so I raised my hands. Then the police lowered the gun and I lowered my hands. That was what happened and what I saw. I would defend him, I'm sure he would just play and that the police had made a mistake.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The police was apparently hunting an "extremely dangerous" desperado in the area Eric was shot. However, at the time of the shooting, this man was already in custody.

Er ic (20) skutt og drept av politiet: – Mannen politiet jaktet satt allerede fengslet (in Norwegian)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Eric got his toy gun on his 5th birthday, so he's had it for 15 years. Why was he left bleeding for 15 minutes before somebody checked if he was still alive? When an unarmed man tried to tell the police about Eric's condition and that the gun was a toy, they put a gun in his face. Why?

Here are some quotes from a blog & Twitter.

Police Kill 20-Year-Old Man With Down's Syndrome Who Was Holding Toy Gun

Some people are blaming his parents for giving him a plastic replica of a submachine gun

Locals disagree, insisting that police don't resort to outright murdering people who are holding firearms without attempting to talk them down:

Not in Scandinavia. Normally our police talk people down even with real guns. This is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Everyone is equal.

The police would of took the same approach to anyone else.

You can’t risk other peoples lives for thinking “Maybe he has a disability”

This was the sixth person to be shot dead by Swedish police this year. This is a new high, never before have so many people been shot dead by Swedish police in one year.

So no, people in general don’t expect to be shot dead by police in Sweden.

Were really gonna blame the gift giver and a genetically different human before saying that the trained police officer should’ve done his job better? These people have so much power and not a single person is checking them.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Another needless killing, a son that will be always missed, and loss by any others who had a spot for him in their heart.
Wish there was an easy answer for this. At some point, our police organizations (USA) changed from "serve and protect" to "enforce for the state, increase revenue via citations/for-profit prisons, and NEVER EVER PUT YOURSELF AT RISK or HARM.

Ten years ago in the states, they would still shoot to kill with little hesitation or any follow-up investigations, but at least they went through the effort to plant a gun/knife/something. Now we have videos of a men running away, being shot in the back repeatedly, and then held at gunpoint until the bleed out, or put in roughed up/put in cuffs while they bleed out.

I truly hope this event was a tragic accident and is not a step down the road we took. I will say, it does look a ways off yet. This poor child was only shot twice. At least two cops would have emptied their full clip here in the US.

I am a conservative, I support our boys in blue/our military, but god I really think we as a nation need to step back and really consider what function each has, where they should be used, and are they being used correctly. Should our city cops be decked out in full tac gear? Should our military be in harm's way to protect non-US interest? I was taught the sacrifice our boys gave was to protect our freedom.

Now at 30, when I look at my children, I can't honestly say this is true. I can say they protect Saudi oil, the central bank, and MIC/Contractors owned or profiting those in power. You are not a Traitor to your country, your flag, or our fallen to step back and really evaluate what is true. Is our country what you were taught? Is it a force of good? Who's interest does our politicians, military, and law enforcement have as their top priority? If this isn't what you have in mind by "America, or Freedom", what do we do? Does screaming "recept our flag, they died for you, and if you don't have anything to hide" help fix this?

In my opinion, time to stop the left v right v you v me v white v black distractions, and start to have some real heart to heart conversations with each other. Here's a hint, it's not going to be something you see on either Fox or CNN. It's what you'll find when you take a few mins to speak honestly with those around you.

~Winter

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Latest:

Three police officers to be charged over fatal shooting of disabled man

12 April 2019

One of the officers will be charged for involuntary manslaughter while the other two face charges for breach of official duty, the prosecutor confirmed on Friday morning.

"One officer will be prosecuted for causing another person's death, alternatively breach of official duty, and two will be prosecuted for breach of official duty," prosecutor Martin Tidén told a press conference.

Torell's mother, Katarina Söderberg, said she was satisfied with the decision to prosecute the officers.

"I feel extremely relieved after this decision. I tried to steel myself in case it had been different, but now it feels good. Because now we can finally find out what happened and how it could have gone so wrong," Söderberg told the TT newswire.

She said that she hadn't received any communication from police since her son's death.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here's another source, just in case. I believe The Local has a limit on how many articles you can view per month for free. They fired 25 shots at him, and also shot him in the back!

Eric Torell: Three police officers charged over fatal shooting of toy gun-carrying disabled man

13/04/2019

Eric Torell, who had the mental age of a three-year-old, died in a hail of bullets after sneaking out of his home in Stockholm in the middle of the night to play.

Police fired 25 shots at Torell in a residential courtyard, believing a toy pistol he was carrying was a real weapon.

Torell was hit three times. Two of the shots, including the one that killed him, hit him in the back.

"I have decided that the police who have been charged for the shooting did not follow the procedures they should have done and had they done so, they would have realised that Eric [the victim] was not a threat," prosecutor Martin Tiden told a press conference on Friday (April 12).

Two officers were charged with misconduct and one with causing another person's death.

Tiden said the police were justified in opening fire at Torell, who did not respond when asked to put down his gun, but that they should have stopped firing when Torell turned away from them.

Sweden's National Police Commissioner Anders Thornberg has asked the government to review the rules surrounding the use of firearms.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Police officers cleared

As it could not be proven that the last shots fired was in fact the ones that hit him in the back, the police officers are now cleared.

Three police officers cleared over fatal shooting of man with Down Syndrome

The prosecutor had argued that the 23 first shots fired were within the legal framework of what is usually referred to as imagined self-defence. But the last two shots came after Torell had turned his back on the officers, which meant that the right to self-defence at that point ceased to apply, argued the prosecutor.

However, Stockholm District Court found that it had not been proven which of the gunshots were strictly speaking legal and which were not.

"The prosecutor has based his argument on the fact that 23 shots were OK, but not these last two. But neither the medical not the forensic evidence shows that these were in fact the last two shots. They may as well have been shots number 15 or 16," court president Erik Lindberg told the TT newswire.

The court said that the investigation had failed to prove Torell's exact movements or position when he was hit. It also said it was not reasonable to expect that the police officers should have stopped and evaluated the impact of the shots during an incident that may have happened in less than three seconds. The violence used was also not considered to have been "obviously indefensible".

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
What could be causing this?

Significantly increased immigration.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join