It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Brains @ CBGB 1982

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just stumbled across this and thought I would share with any of you old farts who remember what real Punk rock was.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Did you catch the John Joseph interview on the Jo Rogan exp?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I haven’t seen that one. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Listening to it now.
Synchronicity.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So good! I've been musically re-living those days a lot lately for some reason....
And I think the reason might be that it was so bloody good!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Feakin’ Awesome!!!

Ah, the good ol’ days!!

H3ll, I didn’t even know that they were black until some magazine interview! I just luv this stuff!!

What is amazing is just how small CBGBs was!! And all the great music that passed through!

Me and Baddogma’s fav is I Against I!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yeah, tho Pay to Cum and a hundred others rotate on my play list.

I must've seen them a dozen times when I was a sprout ... sweaty, bruisy good times. I had to time my mosh excursions just right, to avoid the chaps who liked hurting a bit too much ... I was a cowardly mosher.

Hi, btw.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Ah when NYC was NYC. I miss NYC. Its gone now. Full of out of town young professionals.

I was never really into Hardcore but my friend brought me to a few shows. Showed me what moshing was. That was pretty fun.

Some bands that stood out/ I remember were - Gorilla Biscuits, Murphy's Law, Sick of It All..

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I missed a fundraiser show for "H.R." (Paul Hudson) 2 years ago. I caught a "clean up" line up of some descent bands at a corner bar afterwards though. The air was scented with that old school good isht.

I wish I would have gotten to see CBGBs in 82-84. I am grateful for what I did get. I got to experience it. Gave and took my slice. Danced and bled there. Drank and laughed there...lol.

a reply to: nOraKat

My last time at CBGBs was a "No redeeming social Value" show. I have a scar over my left eye from that show. It was one of the best days of my life.

edit on 8 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks man. I really enjoyed that.

top topics

join