It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Conor set for Oct 6th. official

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, I did see that too. I rather see Tony fight, but honestly I feel like Al did fair better, I mean to me it seems connors defense against any wrestler types has been his framing but Khabib never allowed that, and dude that one over hand right.

What happened to the boxing skills? lol yeah I think McGreggor needs to go train for a hot minute before he attempts to deal with Khabib again.

Saw some interview with Luke Rockhold saying Khabib will get his money so at least he didn't get #ed out that.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

glad he is getting paid.

here is a clip of Khabib pre and post fight with pas opponents

streamable.com...

Al didnt win any rounds but he did do better overall.

Khabib backed off quite a bit in rounds 3-4 though.

i became a fan of Al though and would watch him fight anyone. i just want to see people that deserve the shot fight for it first.

plus Matt Serra is the man so i like seeing him in the corner

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

It's another $10 mil payday for Khabib, he will and should say yes for that, and the chance to humiliate Conor again.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Thats the first time ive seen that angle of conor punching the coach. ish got crazy fast.

As far as the bus incident, i was never asked about it i dont think, so i never addressed it but since you brought it up. It could definitely been considered a bitch move - in both of these incidents, the guys felt they were sticking up for their boys/team. to fight people for a living is crazy, so these fighters have a different mindset than most and have to be a bit crazy so its not surprising that these things happen and get well out of control.

as for conor being a great champion, i'd stand by that. his knockouts stand on their own, and have had nothing to do with what he has done outside the octagon (unless you add his mind games/talk to the equation). you can't take his belts away, and it's been entertaining.

khabib did what he wanted to do inside the octagon and i thought conor was lucky to get away without more damage than he took, especially given khabib controlled him for so long on the ground.

i lost $15 on conor but won $70 predicting it would end in the 4th. if a rematch were to take place, i'd probably put money on conor again just because of the value of him being the underdog, with another prop bet placed.

onto Nov. 3rd!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Not to be dismissive of Conor but he is a great fighter, not a great champion. Great champions defend their belt.

He earned his belts, so you are right they can't be taken away.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

agreed.

don't get me wrong - i like me some conor, just like i like me some DJTrump... but they aren't above reproach, they aren't my idols or heroes. it's entertainment for me. its their non-apologetic style which half the crowd will despise, i just happen to be on the other side

and that doesn't mean i disrespect others (i.e., khabib)... [i'm not saying you are claiming any of this of me, just describing my general stance]

supporting one fighter/person/politician doesn't necessarily equate to hating the opponent.

overall, isn't the internet a fun place??

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Khabib threatening to leave the UFC if the UFC cuts ties with his teammate

I doubt either take place.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

It's almost like some WWE dramah.

LOL @ Nate Diaz chiming in.

@NateDiaz209
@danawhite please let kabobs dumbass friend stay in @ufc
Fire me it will be bettter this way.
I think it’s more fair that way ...

thesportspost.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yup, this post was spot-on. A rewatch and you see Herb Dean doing his best to overlook and allow multiple fence/shorts grabs and Conor had a toe or two in the fence, constantly. Lots of no-nos that were not called. That kinda thing grinds my gears no matter the fighter matchup...it was clear favoritism. It’s the truth.

All-in-all, I’m glad McGregor proved me wrong in that he stepped in against Khabib, and I’m equally glad that Lewis got the Hail Mary KO.

Given we don’t know how long Khabib is shelved, my 6-month wish list is:

- Feguson versus Diaz at the rumored 165lb division happens (Ferg stays in line for 155lb strap win, lose, or draw)
- Holloway versus Ortega happens (Ortega is a solid dude but he’s buying into his own hype)
- Jones versus Gustaffson happens
- DC versus Lewis doesn’t happen (Miocic absolutely deserves the rematch)
- Aaron Pico* is bought out from Bellator and gets his UFC feet wet

*Anyone interested in the sweet science will fall in love with this kid’s hands. From what I have gathered, he’s a wrestler but not some NCAA pedigree...he has a jab-body hook combo that is pro boxing great. Aaron Pico is the next best thing in the sub-155lb MMA scene. He needs to be under the bright lights of the UFC.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Yup, this post was spot-on. A rewatch and you see Herb Dean doing his best to overlook and allow multiple fence/shorts grabs and Conor had a toe or two in the fence, constantly. Lots of no-nos that were not called. That kinda thing grinds my gears no matter the fighter matchup...it was clear favoritism. It’s the truth.

All-in-all, I’m glad McGregor proved me wrong in that he stepped in against Khabib, and I’m equally glad that Lewis got the Hail Mary KO.

Given we don’t know how long Khabib is shelved, my 6-month wish list is:

- Feguson versus Diaz at the rumored 165lb division happens (Ferg stays in line for 155lb strap win, lose, or draw)
- Holloway versus Ortega happens (Ortega is a solid dude but he’s buying into his own hype)
- Jones versus Gustaffson happens
- DC versus Lewis doesn’t happen (Miocic absolutely deserves the rematch)
- Aaron Pico* is bought out from Bellator and gets his UFC feet wet

*Anyone interested in the sweet science will fall in love with this kid’s hands. From what I have gathered, he’s a wrestler but not some NCAA pedigree...he has a jab-body hook combo that is pro boxing great. Aaron Pico is the next best thing in the sub-155lb MMA scene. He needs to be under the bright lights of the UFC.

i am really disappointed with conor right now.
not that he talked all that # and not that he lost.

the deliberate dirty fighting. i dont like that. over and over again.
i watched it again yesterday ad caught another one. as khabib was on top of him and he had conor against the cage and his legs laced conor dropped several 12/6 elbows to the back of his head.
herb did nothing about this either.

taking into account all his actions in the fight. the bus incident. the way he is at pressers....
he is just a punk in my book.

not to be mistaken with him sucking or not being a great fighter. i have never said that. he is super high level.
just a punk. i will never support or root for him against anyone.

i am not sure what is going on with brock and dc now.
dc and hot balls are going to fight.
jones and gustaffson are fighting.

so what i want is DC to smoke hot balls which i think he will easily. i like lewis a lot. i just dont think he is enough for dc
the i want to see jones take out gustaffson which i think he will.
then i want to see dc fight jones at 205 for his last fight.

# brock. let brock come back in march or april an fight hot balls.

i want to see khabib and tony ferguson fight.
i want to see nate and conor fight.

after those 2 fights no matter the outcome then i will be cool with khabib and conor fighting again. i just think tony needs his shot.

but i am looking very forward to joanna vs schevchenko.... going to be a good one

outside of those matches im wide open

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
very interesting comments from Khabib about the bus incident.

this is a transcript from an interview he did on russian language media

the question

Q: Let's take a look at the incident and how it all happened (They play the bus video 21:11). So this is how it started. I understand that if this provocation would have worked and if you would have gotten of that bus...

the answer

I had a camp consisting of 20 people with me (for the Iaquinta fight). We have rented our own bus go get to practice and back. You know what's interesting? UFC told me that day that I must ride alone for the media day. So I didn't go with my team, I went with all the fighters from the "red corner". I had with me two people, one of my guys and my manager. (22:28 Khabib points to the footage) Look at this carefully, the bus is going out and all of a sudden it stops and backs up. Why? We were almost out. Now you see that the crowd is running at us. What is the bus driver doing? He is suppose to just get out of here, but he stops and goes back.

I have many questions about that whole situation. I don't know if UFC planned this or not. So they started attacking the bus from all sides, there were about 20 of them. And there were about 10 guards from UFC and most of them are going after Conor. I'm about 70% certain that it was all planned by the UFC. I wanted to get out, this is confirmed by all the fighters that were on the bus. This whole incident lasted about 1,5 - 2 minutes.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Agreed. Does Brock need UFC money? Does the UFC need Brock eyeballs?? I hope he doesn’t come back.

About the Khabib conspiracy theory, I am not convinced, but I’d be lying if I said it surprised me. I hope not. Probably never know until a book is written. It’s almost pro wrasslin in nature...ala Montreal Screw Job, except Khabib won despite the contrived BS.

We’re gonna have to wait until October 24th for any resolution. The NSAC has to look beyond the UFC and I have a feeling they’re gonna make an example of Khabib. I hope not but it’s the same athletic commission that gave Nick Diaz a 5-year suspension for weed...hoping against hope it’s a slap on the wrist 🤞

Sidebar: Bud Crawford is as advertised. That uppercut sits anyone down, in any round — he did it in the 12th. Wanna see ‘sitting down’ on a punch, that uppercut was it all day.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Khabib got offers for WWE lol

I say we send one of the Diaz brothers to WWE for ultimate lulz.

And yeah # Lesnar, hope he chokes on his supplements.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Damn dude I'm getting JFK assassination vibes lol

I mean we all know Dana is a total POS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join