It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Conor set for Oct 6th. official

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wouldn't be shocked by either result but I fully expect Khabib to destroy Conor.

Well said. Either result will not be shocking, but ring rust is real and Nurmy is truly ‘different’.

UFC is putting Kevin Lee on the same card, so there’s a qualified replacement for Conor; I never believed that they’d announce and fight 9 weeks later and pay Diaz a month later to fight Poirier, so the conspiratorial nature in me believes we will see Khabib vs Lee for the title and Diaz-McGregor III, four weeks later.

UFC gets two bites of the Conor apple (they need him more than he needs them) if they give him Diaz and Khabib later...Diaz-McGregor III sells as much as Khabib, but it never happens if he gets murdered by Khabib. But I’ll be happy as hell if the cage door closes Oct 6 with McGregor and Nurmy in there.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I wouldn't be shocked by either result but I fully expect Khabib to destroy Conor.

Well said. Either result will not be shocking, but ring rust is real and Nurmy is truly ‘different’.

if you turn out to be bjj scout i am going to freak out

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Is it Oct 6th yet!?!???!!?!??

Can’t wait!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the presser is getting ready to start.
its a few minutes late

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
conor is not going to be able to replicate the training khabib is doing

khabib is at AKA now.
training daily with the best

been training with shawn bunch and ed ruth

multi time all american
multi time big 10
multi time freestyle champ

the elevation he is used to

its just not happening for conor

if conor can avoid the clinch or stop the takedown he has a chance for sure. he is precise and fast.

but if he misses a step and khabib gets his hands on him it is over

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
god damn conor is annoying

cant wait to see him get smashed

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

So Conor' s new whiskey proper twelve is an official sponsor and will be on the canvas. I really hope Khabib pulls him on top of his own logo and delivers the smesh for 5 rounds

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

He was pissed on drunk — he polished off that pocket half pint in 25 min. Dude is the epitome of self-promotion. Calling out Nurmy’s sleazeball manager was spot-on.

I must admit: never thought he’d step in against Nurmy but it’s going down “6 October”.

Nurmy has never lost a round and won’t if he gets him to the mat, but he had better do it in round one/early 2 and end it there. If not, he will get worked and toyed with. And subsequently embarrassed.

I still like Nurmy and the run AKA has had post-Cain idolization, so I’m sticking with a R 2 GnP TKO.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Conor has a chance for sure. He is fast and precise. Thing is though he needs to be very careful with his strikes. He likes to set up the left with kicks to the body. That's risky.
If he throws and misses or throws and khabib grabs him it's game over.

Khabib can afford to miss a takedown. He can afford to miss with strikes. Conor can't really afford to miss at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I also don't really care about calling out the manager. We all know he is a dirt bag. But calling out a dude for not paying child support Does not mean much coming from a guy who has an infant and flies a few thousand miles to assault people you know.
Not like he is father of the year

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Let's not kid ourselves here - Khabib should win this fight.

This is not a good match-up for Conor. We can list the many ways and reasons from the fact Conor usually fades if the fight gets into the later rounds, to the fact that he hasn't fought for 2 years.

It's all fun and games until they step into the octagon, and no matter who gets their hand raised, the humbled loser will be a man about it and give respect where respect's due. At least I hope so... we haven't seen Khabib lose

I have a few bucks on The Notorious.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

My ‘gut’ tells me your wager will pay off.

I haven’t seen any other money lines of late, but if Conor is still a dog, it’s ‘smart’ money — hope you got in on the smart money.

It’s all very intriguing. Four weeks later we get Diaz-Poirier and that winner will be the next challenger. Talk about an event if Diaz-Mac III is for the strap late winter/early spring.

*Disclaimer: I’m a total Nate Diaz mark.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Every time I hear someone other than a Diaz trash talk, I cringe. Leave it to the pro's.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Got it @ +135 a couple of weeks ago

Hasnt changed much

Ill be watching the night of to see which way the line moves

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I dunno, Conor's last #talking round was out there in unexplored territory. He sounded wrong with all the murder BS. Too angry and too confident. Can't see it affecting Khabib much either. All the way through I couldn't decide if it was good #talking or signs of a man who's out of his comfort zone.

Last time someone had such a dismissive kind of attitude they ended up on the deck within 13 seconds.

Conor has something Khab doesn't have...exponentially expanding expectations. Compared to Conor, Khabib's got nothing to lose and can come back again.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Autorico

I dunno, Conor's last #talking round was out there in unexplored territory. He sounded wrong with all the murder BS. Too angry and too confident. Can't see it affecting Khabib much either. All the way through I couldn't decide if it was good #talking or signs of a man who's out of his comfort zone.

Last time someone had such a dismissive kind of attitude they ended up on the deck within 13 seconds.

Conor has something Khab doesn't have...exponentially expanding expectations. Compared to Conor, Khabib's got nothing to lose and can come back again.

I disagree with the last part about Khabib having nothing to lose. He's undefeated, and he's been calling out Conor for 2 years so he has to back up his words too. If Khabib does lose, I don't think it will have a profound effect on him, and I'd expect him to rebound as well as anyone.... after all, IT IS the fight game - no one is going the span of their professional career undefeated.

The thing about Conor - EVERYONE wants to fight him. Not only to have an opportunity to shut him up, but because it'll be their biggest purse of their life.

Neither of these dudes are going anywhere, and no matter what happens on 10/6, there will be a rematch.
edit on 1725x6717America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

The thing about Conor - EVERYONE wants to fight him. Not only to have an opportunity to shut him up, but because it'll be their biggest purse of their life.

Neither of these dudes are going anywhere, and no matter what happens on 10/6, there will be a rematch.

thats why i think khabib is a different animal. of course he is not going to say no thanks to the money and fight for free but he is definitely fighting for the cash.
he has said it.
his father has said it

its not what he is about. very clear he is about his legacy

the conor fight makes sense for him right now. he did hold multiple belts and he is arguably the of not one of the goats for that weight class.
makes sense to take that person out.

once he does what sense does it make to fight him again other than money? if he does not care about the money then it does not make sense to smash a guy you already smashed.

khabib still lives in the mountains in his fathers house even though he is married and has 2 kids.

he is not rich by conor standards but he could very easily move to san jose and be at AKA full time with his family. he is just not in it for that.
he is different in that respect.

you cant say nobody goes their career without being beat.
it happens.

if you fight long enough and high enough level guys chances are you are going to lose. not always though and even when those happen they are not always legit.

look at DC.
only guy he has ever lost to is jon jones.
and why is that? it can be argued it would have happened anyway but we dont know that.

look at floyd. never lost

look at rickson gracie. never lost

it can happen. just not likely

chances are if khabib fights for 5-10 more years at the highest level he is going to lose.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

No, I know Khab has a lot to lose, I just think Conor has MORE to lose. He's got the greater reputation, the biggest mouth, his brand is his identity etc.

UFC has lost a lot of interest for me since the Cormier/Lesnar fight was announced. I'm in a minority of one and it is what it is. The disappointment hasn't faded lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I just want to see an entertaining fight. That is why Conor has just a big draw.

Entertainment is what I'm after. Some are obviously heavily invested in khabib, some are heavily invested in seeing Conor get beat (which plays into Conor's record-breaking draws), some are invested in both.

I don't care what kind of animal khabib is, or what Conor says leading up to the fight. THE FIGHT is all I give a damn about, and if khabib does what he's supposed to do, it won't be entertaining.

But that's why this fight is intriguing on paper - can Conor keep it on the feet??

I also can't wait for the Diaz v. Poirier fight - the UFC still has my attention. I'm not disappointed in the least

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I agree. Conor signed a 6 fight deal so hopefully the Diaz trilogy fight will happen.

No matter what you think of Conor you have to give him credit for taking the toughest fight he could after being out of the Octagon for so long.

Definitely a badass move.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join