It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Conor set for Oct 6th. official

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
im watching conor vs mendes now.
conor is definitely winning on the feet but mendes is taking him down easily. passing the card. pounding him. submission threats.

on a side not if youre interested there is a channel on youtube called bjjscout. he has fantastic breakdowns. it is not jiu jitsu. he has very good fight studies on khabib and conor.
nobody knows who this guy is. he definitely trains though. you can tell.

theyre a good watch.

if you have fightpass you should check out conor vs chad.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
here you go.

give it a shot. he has ben askren studies too

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Because head kick equals you on the ground the rest of the round.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Askren is way overrated. Khabib vs. GSP is the fight I want to see. It's been my number 1 fight for years.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Chad took that short notice with almost no training time. All he had time for was the weight cut really.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Askren is way overrated. Khabib vs. GSP is the fight I want to see. It's been my number 1 fight for years.

asken is legit.
high level wrestling. black belt in jiu jitsu. pretty sure he is a black belt. im about 80% on that. i know he got his brown belt from marcelo garcia. he is legit man

khabib vs gsp would have been nice a few years ago.
i mean it will still be a good fight. its gsp but gsp in his prime would have been so nice.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Chad took that short notice with almost no training time. All he had time for was the weight cut really.

ok. well that gives more weight to my argument of a high level wrestler/grappler putting it on conor.

chad beat him up pretty bad. took him down easily. and on short notice with only time for a weight cut...

then imagine a khabib in the cage on 2 months notice with a full camp.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Khabib is not even in Conors league...Khabib is not GSP or Funky Ben.....Khabib has bad bad habits he doesn't work on....and his hands are always to low when he is in stand-up mode he is always open to the head kick from both sides......to top it off he likes to lead with a reaching overextended left hand not designed for power but designed to push you back as he brings his right hand through then he tightens up and cocks his left for a hook...every single time...unbreakable habits....Khabibs punches in many cases are slapping not true power shots and he is a volume pressure puncher who needs to be moving forward to set up his ground game....Khabib comes at you with his weak side first then he goes to his strong side if he cannot find traction and it is this habit that Conor will exploit to either put him to sleep with a power shot or head kick him to sleep from his right side like right after Khabib has thrown his extended left then followed it with his right hand and just after he has tightened up into his stance and cocked his left hand for the hook he plans on throwing ...this is Khabis transition zone where he decides whether or not to take you down from in close...if his opponent has backed up to fast he will go for the takedown early and stay with the flow....if his opponent presses on him in the pocket he will throw the hook.....if his opponent is reading this and simply hangs in the pocket patiently and lets Khabib throw his habitual 3 punch flurry the choice of right snap kick to the left temple or heavy right hook to the left side of Khabibs head or one could get fancy and pull a spinning backhand because he freezes up perfectly for one across his chops for sure you are catching his thick wide head.Conors hands are so fast and he is so good in the pocket and so instinctual that it is in this transition zone that Khabib will be damaged heavily......I do believe that a front upkick to the chin would be pretty effective....and it has been a long time since I have seen a liver shot delivered perfectly like one to the left side when Khabib is cocked and frozen with his arm tucked in and his left hand ready for the hook to be thrown.....I mean the kid freezes HIMSELF in almost every fight multiple times....his transition zone is his weakness and at Conors level where these transition zones are make or break you will lose every time if you are predictable.

It is painfull to watch Khabibs fights because when I envision Conors speed and power and ability to deliver punches in bunches bigger than the 3 Khabib can muster up and I see Khabibs willingness to stand up especially really early in his fights being a huge huge weakness....he I so green I just see him taking early risks and laying it all on the line against a Riverboat Gambler in Conor who knows all the tricks and who carries a big gun.
edit on 4-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Khabib has terrible striking and it very likely won't matter in the slightest as Connor sucks on the ground compared to khabib and gasses fast.

Oh and khabib would destroy askren. Askren fights literal nobodies and doesn't even look good doing it all the time.
edit on 4-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

wow.

i dont even know how to reply so i will just say looking forward to talking about it after no matter how it goes

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Exactly what I'm thinking. It's MMA, anything can happen. But I think Khabib smashing Connor hard is the likeliest by far.

And I've picked Conor to win every fight he's been in so far.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think it is going to be a thundering lightening fast knockout....and I think Conor will be prepared to throw in well planned bunches keeping his tempo up as high as he can because that is how Khabib plays it once he feels his way into the fight.....I believe the first meaningful engagement will be on the feet and that it will develop into a pocket type engagement....I believe that the first time they engage on the feet completely inside the pocket that Conor will be in his best position to execute his gameplan….and Khabib is at his highest risk of going to sleep....I also aknowledge that if Khabib makes it to the ground early when he is fresh the end could come just as quickly for Conor due to stoppage by a Ref who will not wish to curry disfavor with the UFC....my gut tells me Khabib is stupid enough to come out in standup mode like he always does he will see no reason to change a winning formula for himself....and this is in my opinion the reason I call him green and raw...he has no respect ….its his persona and he is not the first....but really against Conor maybe one should be cautious.

Anything can happen...and this one looks to be defined by dominance by one or the other...one style will be managed perfectly and will overcome the other in dominating manner ether a KO by Conor or a Beatdown by Khabib.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Khabib does not have terrible striking. Lol, a lot of people don't understand Sambo which is understandable it isn't rally present in the US. The striking is centered on closing the distance.

While Rogan pointed out khabib keeps his chin up during his last fight, khabib's timing was on another level than Al's, it actually looked funny watching Al have his head popped back over and over again by a guy who doesn't have a strikers form.

So yes he doesn't shell up. However, it's also a gamble he takes to make you hunt for his head. Some of the best strikers like wonder boy also keep their hands down. Khabib has amazing timing and is the best chain wrestler the ufc has ever seen.

So yeah Connor has good timing as well. He has great footwork, but he also shrinks in closer combat. All it takes is a flush strike most likely to ko most people but if he misses a hook or and overhand from head hunting he is also going down. I would also dare day his kick game will most likely not be there as he has a high likely hood of being taken down as well.

Great fight. Everyone knows the two ways it can be won.

Let's not forget coaching as well. Another huge factor is the game plan.
edit on 5-8-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Conor is not a KO artist, he usually gets TKO from the accumulation of strikes. Khabib can take a shot. Khabib isn't stupid, he will take the fight to ground ASAP and dominate. That's my opinion.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Khabib has terrible striking from a pure striking standpoint. He benefits greatly from his stellar grappling which really limits his opponents ability to open up on him.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Conor is not a KO artist, he usually gets TKO from the accumulation of strikes. Khabib can take a shot. Khabib isn't stupid, he will take the fight to ground ASAP and dominate. That's my opinion.

I agree Conor has extremely active hands.. which is why the fact the Khabib cannot count past 3 with his combos means Conor will accumulate a lot of meaningful strikes immediately and with devestating impacts he will not be looking for one shot Conor will be looking to land and keep landing because he FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH AS MANY PUNCHES AS HIS OPPONENT WILL STAND THERE AND EAT...which is something Khabib is limited to doing with only 3 punch combos as his entire career evidences.

Fighting is all about transferring your anticipatory vision into manifested reality....avoiding termination points and buiding dynamics so your opponent faces nothing but termination points...ideally you do not ever want to go into battle with zero intel on your opponent....the more you know about their habits the more you can anticipate them read them and then dominate them....you need to identify their primary secondary and tertiary pressure relief dynamics....then you need to identify their primary secondary and tertiary strengths then you need to understand how they manage these dynamics....as I said earlier Khabi doesnt come out looking for a takedown because only a guy like GSP or Funky Ben can come right out and look for the blatant takedown without fear of being put to sleep...Khabib needs to SET UP HIS TAKEDOWNS and he does this as a COUNTER-PUNCHER WOULD DO....and this is why Conor is going to destroy him ....KhabibMUST ENGAGE ON THE FEET WITH HIS HANDS to set up his takedowns....and this TRANSITION area is where Conor is going to engage him with overwhelming meaningful combonations of strikes.....NOT ONE BIG BOMB LIKE PEOPLE THINK.....nope Conor is a technician and a surgeon and he will be accurate and he will be active and he will let the hard work do the job of finding the KO for him he will let the hammer do the work he will focus on the details and put the strikes where they need to be in perfectly managed overwhelming numbers …. the fact is that you can watch all of the fights these guys have had....and identify their habits...as their Coaches and teammates do...then its all about who is going to lead the dance and dictate pace and momentum...soon to be sleeping Khabib will always use the same habitual sequences to try to dictate pace and momentum on his feet JUST LONG ENOUGH for him to get into a position where he has a shot at his takedown techniques....he SACRIFICES HIMSELF TO THE ANDS FIRST KNOWING HE IS NOT IN HIS OWN WHEELHOUSE HE EATS LEATHER TO SET UP HIS GROUND GAME....this is his Achilles heel...he WILLINGLY AD VOLUNTARILY engages early with his weakest tools....and IMHO when he does this with Conor he will be met with overwhelming non-stop force.....and he will go to sleep before he his chin hits the deck...and I said his chin on the canvas for a very good reason which we shall IMHO all see soon....lol...he will be put to sleep on his way in and will follow through nicely by kissing the mat with his chin as he lands face first legs locked at the knees frozen in time.. but still reaching out towards the big light with his right hand empty and his left tucked into his side…..lol.
edit on 6-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Khabib has terrible striking from a pure striking standpoint. He benefits greatly from his stellar grappling which really limits his opponents ability to open up on him.

It really doesn't matter what it looks like if it's effective. Sambo striking technique is more based on closing the distance and clentching. What you may not see when watching is the reaction of his opponents. They know he is looking to grip or shoot so he has a technique that appears wild (closing distance creating a reaction) and taunting over commitment to perceived openness. His timing however is on Conners level. Just in a different game.

What I mean is Khabib does all the bag work and gets all the coaching any pro could dream of with Javier. Does he look like a young Machida..no, that isn't his game.

On the ground I have never seen someone use leverage as well as Khabib to generate force. His elbows aren't made to cut, but to concuss. He understands such close power generation it's frightening. I can not magine being under that. I would take getting ko'd in my feet honestly than 4 rounds of that and staying awake.
edit on 6-8-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I can't disagree that Khabib uses striking to set up takedowns, but you seem to not remember it's also effective. There is a highlight real of people getting kneed and getting casted hooks to the face.

What you forget is his timing is every bit as good as Conners. Both fighters have to gamble to win.

If conner over commits and Khabib has planned this in the chess game unfolding Conner goes down.

This is why I imagine Conner is going to dance for round one and try and draw Khabib in. Javier is not a rookie. The game plan isn't going to be lunge for his left hand.

In fact because of Conners stance look for the front kick to the knee, shin and calf from Khabib to get Conners legs closer together or face forward.

Edit.

If conner is smart he will have donenserious muay Thai to punish Khabib. If he hasn't deprogrammed his boxing and traditional wide martial arts stance that front leg is toast. He may have enough power to be working on a close shot for a shot attempt but wide stance and wrestler with a lower leg kick you see the Darren Till vs Wonderby situation. Making someone panic being in a clench is pretty powerful.
edit on 6-8-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I want to have a discussion with you but I don't think I can. I think you are way off. That's fine. Everyone's opinion is valid.

Most dominant wrestler the UFC has ever seen vs a guy with a weak ground game. That's the bottom line really.

Khabib only has to worry about getting tagged on the way in. Conor has a lot more to worry about.

I think khabib is going to overwhelm him like he does everyone. I just don't think he has the tools. He is not good enough on the ground or avoiding the takedown.

When you have a guy on you just smashing you it breaks you. Conor is gonna break. 5 rounds of smash or until the ref stops it.
edit on 6-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's like if gsp didn't just change positions and hold opponents down but mutilated them..it's also not Khabib's shot it's his massive vocabulary that chains attacks and his form is so efficient he can just keep going as you change your position.

On the other end precision is also Conner's game. He can certainly dance and bait like the best of them. If he can frustrate Khabib or win the counter/counter game he has a solid chance early. He punched himself out in boxing and I doubt he has taken his wrestling as serious as his boxing and will tire from those chain attacks if it lingers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join