It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthy Crip Member Acquitted In Drive By.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
To go back to the beginning, this story goes back nearly a year ago and it didn't look good back then.

County jail records show Terrell posted bail on Oct. 19. He is scheduled for arraignment Nov. 29 in Los Angeles Superior Court downtown. Within days after his release, a photograph posted on Facebook showed Terrell with his parents at Dodger Stadium for the World Series, which began Oct. 24.

Terrell reportedly remains in school even though he faces a murder charge, a fact that reportedly has created consternation among some parents on the Peninsula.

[url=https://thegrio.com/2018/08/02/white-tee/[/url]
edit on 4-8-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Ya forgot the linkage.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Affluenza bs again?

www.laweekly.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Affluenza bs again?

www.laweekly.com...

Sorry about that my android have been acting up something fierce.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Two black juveniles are probably facing life sentences to where an adult took them to do something where he should’ve been held responsible just as much,” said community activist Melvin Farmer in an interview with CBS2.

Terrell’s attorney said his client is headed to Texas to study law at the University of Houston.
thegrio.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Affluenza bs again?

www.laweekly.com...

This is very similar to the story of a rapist
Brock Turner appeals sexual assault conviction claiming he only wanted to have ‘sexual outercourse’ with intoxicated victim
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The lesson in this is STAY OUT OF TROUBLE...especially if you're not rich and/or influential. The entire human race operates like that.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The lesson in this is STAY OUT OF TROUBLE...especially if you're not rich and/or influential. The entire human race operates like that.

Yeah but no was is supposed to be above the law, else, folks are justified in doling out their own justice.
the rape victim what was her crime? getting drunk??

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
He sounds like he made his money being a gun for hire.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Let's not forget the presumption of innocence. He has not been convicted of anything.

"Having bailed out, he will have so many advantages in fighting this case that the others presumably remaining in custody will not have," Raphling says. "It will be easier to meet with his attorney. He'll be able to show up in court in his own clothing. He'll be able to walk through the front door with jurors. His preparation will be less pressured. He'll be able to get a good night's sleep before court."

The real issue here is not that he was able to produce bail, it is his right to do so. The real issue is that others in similar situations cannot.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
Let's not forget the presumption of innocence. He has not been convicted of anything.

"Having bailed out, he will have so many advantages in fighting this case that the others presumably remaining in custody will not have," Raphling says. "It will be easier to meet with his attorney. He'll be able to show up in court in his own clothing. He'll be able to walk through the front door with jurors. His preparation will be less pressured. He'll be able to get a good night's sleep before court."

The real issue here is not that he was able to produce bail, it is his right to do so. The real issue is that others in similar situations cannot.

Yeah but in what universe do a member of a criminal gang get to walk, after a drive by.. Ignoring any racial angle here, a brokessed white kid being the get away driver would not walk in the exact same circumstances, the two tiered justice have got to go.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This in my view is the clearest example of White privilege,..yes I know the class thing, and as I've pointed out earlier, that if he was of the same socioeconomic standing as his fellow Crips he most likely would have went to jail..however I don't believe if he was Black from VIEW PARK WINDSOR HILL California a predominately Black community, with Million dollar homes, he things would have gone the same,matter of fact, I believe the jury would have thrown the book at his ass, for not knowing any better, the fkedup excuse for letting him go on to law school instead of go to jail..I don't want to hear a famed thing about no such thing as white privilege from some of you guys here ever..

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Tha bloods will not be happy.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Yeah but in what universe do a member of a criminal gang get to walk, after a drive by..

My statement stands, innocent until proven guilty. We don't even know if he was a member of a gang yet.

Raphling also stresses that Terrell should be presumed innocent, and that it's possible the cops' contention that this was a gang killing and that the teen was a member might not pan out. "Accusations of gang membership are often highly overblown," he says.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

He's at least an affiliate, same difference no Black Asian or Latino kid would walk..again not even broke white kid.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This in my view is the clearest example of White privilege,..yes I know the class thing, and as I've pointed out earlier, that if he was of the same socioeconomic standing as his fellow Crops he most likely would have went to jail..however I don't believe if he was Black from VIEW PARK WINDSOR HILL California a predominately Black community, with Million dollar homes, he things would have gone the same,matter of fact, I believe the jury would have thrown the book at his ass, for not knowing any better, the fkedup excuse for letting him go on to law school instead of go to jail..I don't want to hear a famed thing about no such thing as white privilege from some of you guys here ever..

He did go to jail. There has not been a jury yet because he hasn't gone to trial yet. The only thing he did so far is post bail to get out of jail until his trial.

Why is this white privilege? If his "buddies" had posted bail, would you have said the same thing?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

He's at least an affiliate, same difference no Black Asian or Latino kid would walk..again not even broke white kid.

He hasn't walked. He hasn't been tried yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

He hasn't walked. He hasn't been tried yet.

No it's not that he made bail the first time around he was found
Wealthy white teenager who joined Crips found not guilty for fatal drive-by shooting
thegrio.com...

In other words he walked!!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

My bad, I was looking at the other link to the story that was apparently when he made bail.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

The guy that got killed wasn't a gang member, it was just a senseless murder by idiots,.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join