It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the "Enemy of the American People?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Removing a quote from it’s original context and then placing it within a fabricated context is a common technique of propagandists. This is glaringly true of Trump’s infamous “enemy of the people” quote.

In a recent White House press conference, CNN’s Jim Accosta practically begged press secretary Sarah sanders to say the press is not the enemy of the American people, before Sanders mopped the floor with him.

Accosta is guilty of continuing a lie. He was pretending Donald Trump called the press, journalists, or the news media the enemy of the people. They have continued to exploit that lie to pretend journalism, journalists, and the very concept of a free press is under threat, while painting Trump as a danger to democracy. They do this by quoting out of context. Here are some examples:

Trump called the news media an ‘enemy of the American People.’ Here’s a history of the term.

Trump Calls the News Media the ‘Enemy of the American People’

Trump, who often calls journalists the 'enemy of the people,' offers support after Capital Gazette shootings

Note how the quote always begins at the clause “enemy of the American people”, but never includes who he was talking about. That is because he his not talking calling the “news media”, “journalists”, “the free press” or “reporters” the enemy of the people as theysay. He called the “fake news” the enemy of the American people.

Because of this lie, he has had to reiterate this point on numerous occasions, for instance, back in early 2017.

They’re very dishonest people. In fact, in covering my comments, the dishonest media did not explain that I called the fake news the enemy of the people. The fake news. They dropped off the word “fake.” And all of a sudden the story became the media is the enemy.

They take the word “fake” out. And now I’m saying, “Oh no, this is no good.” But that’s the way they are.

So I’m not against the media, I’m not against the press. I don’t mind bad stories if I deserve them.

And I tell ya, I love good stories, but we don’t go…

(LAUGHTER)

I don’t get too many of them.

But I am only against the fake news, media or press. Fake, fake. They have to leave that word.

Transcript

And also today, August 2018.

They asked my daughter Ivanka whether or not the media is the enemy of the people. She correctly said no. It is the FAKE NEWS, which is a large percentage of the media, that is the enemy of the people!

twitter.com...

Despite this, the fake news media (to use Trump’s term) has been able to imply that Trump resembles a dictator, that Trump is de facto responsible for any future violence towards journalists, and that the fake news media is an oppressed class, all because they chose to lie instead of report the facts.

edit on 2|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
All government , including both parties. Not just the republicans, but the democrats as well.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You're very wrong, Trump has been attacking the media since before he was even elected. He is attacking them every day, which is very unpresidential and against the first ammendment.

OH and the enemies of America are Corporations, Republicans, Zionists, the wealthy and a few of the very far left like anti-male feminists.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Jim Acosta is

+6 more 
link   

americans are their own worst enemy.
dividing ourselves with ridiculous party lines is the core of the problem. once we all come together and realize that none of the elected officials (both republican and democrat) have our best interest in mind, is when our nation can begin to heal.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: CB328
You're very wrong, Trump has been attacking the media since before he was even elected. He is attacking them every day, which is very unpresidential and against the first ammendment.

OH and the enemies of America are Corporations, Republicans, Zionists, the wealthy and a few of the very far left like anti-male feminists.

Notice you left out the Democrats. roflmao If I remember, Obama used to attack FOX every chance he got. Where was your faux outrage then?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If you watch the smart and sexy Sarah Sanders video you will see she makes an absolute case that the media is the enemy of not just THE People, but people in general. Acosta is a mean-spirited fool, but he is not alone in his “activist” and confrontational journalism style.

Until the media embraces journalistic integrity as a cornerstone of journalism they will continue to be the enemy.

edit on 2018/8/2 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

How is that against the first amendment? Has the government put someone in jail or not allowed them to print something? I don’t like trump either, but you can’t just throw out baseless claims like that. I’ll call you out every time

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Liberal mainstream media which is 90% of the US media is the clear winner. They are the #1 enemy of the American people.

Followed closely by democrats who want to take away tax reform, jobs created, and freedom of choosing healthcare. Democrats also want more murderers rapists and robbers to come into the country from across the u.s. borders.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

🙄.. The majority of media has been against Trump since before the election, and even appeared to be campaigning against him. This president has every right to not trust them, and they have proven to the whole world their bias against him.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The true enemy of the American people is the American people.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Liberal mainstream media which is 90% of the US media is the clear winner. They are the #1 enemy of the American people.

Followed closely by democrats who want to take away tax reform, jobs created, and freedom of choosing healthcare. Democrats also want more murderers rapists and robbers to come into the country from across the u.s. borders.

I agree with you that currently the media is the number one enemy and the Democratic party, but it hasn't always been this way nor does it need to stay that way.

Until Democrats start putting Americans before illegal invaders and the well fare of the American people above global interests they will remain the enemy. This is not to give Republicans a free pass, but they aren't on the same level of harming America and her people.

For me the enemy is always the enemy of freedom and liberty.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I think this kind of tribalism is an inherent artifact in the human psyche. It was a useful function when we lived in small groups. One could identify or prove themselves as part of the group by stating and demonstrating that they have the same beliefs.

Now we live individual lives in large cities and the tribes are huge and have uncountable intersections for groups one can belong to. The media has taught us that black people think one way, white people think one way, Asian people think one way, Christian people think one way, Muslim people think one way.

For the last 100 years, the media has been mastering various ways to use our own brains against us in cleverly crafted marketing campaigns to sell us things we don’t want and admire the people and ideas that they want us to.

Those who willingly use Psychological tricks to steer public opinion are the enemy.
edit on 2-8-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Jim Acosta is

Because Trump said so.

Good dog. Sit!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Jim Acosta is

Because Trump said so.

Good dog. Sit!

It doesn't take Trump to identify Acosta as a bloviating fool.

That is self-evident to any thinking human.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

When people tell us who they are, we should listen.

In this case, Mr. Acosta is telling us very loud and proud that when Trump talks about fake news Trump is talking about Acosta (among others of course).

Mighty helpful of Mr. Acosta... who woulda thunk it?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Definitely, not Trump.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Liberals

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'll take anti-male feminists over Trumpestas any day.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
WOW!!! Sanders more control and class than I could ever muster. I would seriously consider jail being a fair sentence if I could take some of that slime pretending to be reporters out of the equation. MY GOD you can feel the corruption from the news bull#ters, I could barely listen to the joke of a human jim.

I think this is all a song and dance, but after watching that short clip, I now have profound respect for Sanders. There are some people you can tell are genuine and some that are seething globs of dung.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join