It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media and the Russians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: TinySickTears

a reply to: TinySickTears

i think the average citizen is too stupid to make up their own mind and a lot of what they know comes from twitter and facebook.

This is easily a debatable point.

The issue is when we think people are 'too stupid' and then we use that excuse to exert more control of their lives by Big Government. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean we need to co-opt their freedom.

with you 100%
not what i was getting at at all.

not saying we need to control their lives in any way.

just that i think most people are too stupid

I suppose each person will have their own empirical research to support their position.

I would rather take the positive outlook.

I take the negative outlook.
40 years has shown me most people are stupid and most people are assholes so when I meet someone I assume both about them but hope to be proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

i think the average citizen is too stupid to make up their own mind and a lot of what they know comes from twitter and facebook.

This is easily a debatable point.

The issue is when we think people are 'too stupid' and then we use that excuse to exert more control of their lives by Big Government. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean we need to co-opt their freedom.

with you 100%
not what i was getting at at all.

not saying we need to control their lives in any way.

just that i think most people are too stupid

I suppose each person will have their own empirical research to support their position.

I would rather take the positive outlook.

I take the negative outlook.
40 years has shown me most people are stupid and most people are assholes so when I meet someone I assume both about them but hope to be proven wrong.

live by the sword, die by the sword.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My basic point is that I believe the voting public possesses the basic intelligence necessary to make an informed decision and that even if some of them ARE influenced by morons like Steyer, Russians or Disney (another evil influencer) that the importance of Free Speech trumps the danger from the influence peddlers and policy makers.

The majority of Americans saw Trump for the foul mouthed idiot he is and yet he is now president. How did that happen and how can we prevent it from happening again?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

My basic point is that I believe the voting public possesses the basic intelligence necessary to make an informed decision and that even if some of them ARE influenced by morons like Steyer, Russians or Disney (another evil influencer) that the importance of Free Speech trumps the danger from the influence peddlers and policy makers.

The majority of Americans saw Trump for the foul mouthed idiot he is and yet he is now president. How did that happen and how can we prevent it from happening again?

Many Americans saw the need to change the direction the country was headed. Trump was a result of the need for change. If you want to avoid Trump then you need better candidates from both sides.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Many Americans saw the need to change the direction the country was headed. Trump was a result of the need for change. If you want to avoid Trump then you need better candidates from both sides.

Agreed. I hope that, should Trump make it through the next year,there will be a worthy challenge for 2020.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join