It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peanut Butter Solution: A Psychological Experiment/Attack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I saw it a few times in circa 1990, around ages 9-11 i thought of it as a little strange but mostly just cheaply made, kinda stupid/unimpressive and nobody famous in it. And a little bit boring to be honest. My favorite movie around that time was T2: Judgement Day.

But the (1) stanford connection combined with the observation that (2) so many had bizarre feelings about it is definitely interesting...

...oh and (3) the claims that it was shown in school...a lot... is also strange. What is the thought process that leads to this selection when there are so many other much better movies, was it handed out for free to schools or something?

Another thing, (4)this is a somewhat old movie, from 1985, so, when are these people saying they saw it? Like, after 1995? That would be truly bizarre if That was more than a very rare occurrence because its bizarre that it would be selected to be shown in school in the 1st place, let alone 5 or 10 or more years after its straight to vhs (i imagine) release, when there is no reason for it to be relevant let alone widespread, and its so outdated and obselete in so many ways, and there are so many other choices that are far more appropriate in so many ways...

I'm assuming these people saw it between 85 and 95, maybe up to 2000? But I'm assuming nobody saw it in School after 2000. That would be inexplicable. Even late 90s would shock me, actually.

And unless all those people went to the same school, it seems like maybe it was coordinated to be viewed in schools right before Christmas? When there are so many traditional holiday themed movies to pick from? They chose THIS???

Bottom line, I think this is definitely worth looking into. I may do a bit of digging myself when I get home...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Awesome. I agree with your reasoning and hope to hear from you if you find anything cool!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Subliminal cues can be in almost any media. Read the "Clam Plate Orgy"

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Looks really interesting. Thanks for the suggestion, olaru

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I noticed in the first scene when the sister is cooking for the brother, she walks up the stairs and there is a owl perched in the corner next to a painting with what looks like a eye in the sky.

Could be nothing but it really got my attention after reading these comments.

edit on 8-2-2018 by Vigilantastrum because: Typo

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

I think it's a great observation. Just the type of stuff I was wondering about..

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I dunno... poor writing, acting and sub par cinematics. .. it put me into a stupor.

But darnit, this site is stupid, the government is not so bad and really knows what's best for us... and ya know, individualism breeds chaos and I just want to pay my taxes, consume and worship my god, money. Hopefully I'll get to die without causing a fuss... after I finish paying my mortgage, college and car loan, of course.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I agree with your review, almost unwatchable for me.

As for the rest of your post,

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Maybe a psyop, or maybe.... maybe people are just more desensitized to media this way. The way it had an effect on you as a kid because what else was there to compare it to at the time, or at least for you to compare it to in your life?

That’s my take.. in short, we can create some bizarre # today and people are not phased a bit.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Great discussion.

IMO this thread shouldn't be in skunkworks.

It is important. The fact that this movie was shown to school children is incredible.

I am not sure where it should go but it shouldn't be in skunkworks.

Star and flag from me.
Great discussion. 🤔

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I agree with you, childhood memories tend to leave more of an emotional imprint. I remember a Muppet movie, The Musicians of Bremen, that featured stray animals that banded together literally and played music on their travels picking up abused animals as they went.
Pretty heavy # for a Muppet movie for kids,really.
And as per the times, just as Snoopy Come Home, they made a soundtrack album.
edit on 2-8-2018 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

Great discussion.

IMO this thread shouldn't be in skunkworks.

It is important. The fact that this movie was shown to school children is incredible.

Thank you, I agree that this is an important discussion to have and the comments have been great!!!

You're right, skunkworks is probably the wrong spot... just there's no proof...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Interesting that this seems pretty widespread. And seemed to "work" especially well--maybe even exclusively--on the adolescent mind. Maybe there is more to it after all. Definitely of some psychological interest, I'd say, whether crafted that way or not.

My Freud is rusty---did he have any theories about the fear of the loss of hair?

This is the part that seems so odd to me. Some comments I read said the parents couldn't even remember watching the film which I found strange too.

As for hair phobias.. makes sense... hair and teeth signify age and health, hair is also connected with individuality (think about places which shave heads) and perception.

Found a decent article regarding the phobia of excess hair (Chaetophobia)--which is also in the film, after the boy has a fright which causes baldness, ghosts give him a "solution" which causes his hair to grow non-stop.
www.healthguideinfo.com...
It would seem that the movie is some Frankenstein mish-mash of all the phobias a kid might have. Whether purposefully done or not, a movie shown in school that gave many kids recurring nightmares (some said for years) is crazy to think about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join