It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Really Strange happened today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hi guys.

First of all hi
I only actually joined to post this as it pretty much freaked me out and would like some opinions on it.

Today I was watching tv in my bedroom and fell asleep around lunchtime. Now when I do wake up I usually lie there with my eyes shut just enjoying the fact I have had a snooze even though I am now awake so I know a million percent I was NOT asleep. anyway, I was lying there thinking about going to the local shop to buy dinner and opened my eyes. On the wall next to the bed I was greeted with this now I am struggling to put this into words but the wall wasn't there but it was there. I was made up of what can only be described as bits. On one side of the wall was this weird circle made up of perhaps 50 sideways 'T's that pivoted a central point now when I moved my head this circle thing that was I dunno 4 foot wide followed so I concluded it was linked to my vision. On the right hand side was a umm not exactly a square but a squarish shape that had images in it. the images were there for a fraction of a second and kept changing I couldn't work out what there were other than some form of landscape and it was like it was on it's side so the sky and ground for instance was running vertical rather than horizontal, even though it was there for literally a split section in each frame it seemed to be buildings, Now I know 100% again I was not asleep in fact I could look away at the TV then look back and it was still playing out with this weird disk of T's although they weren't T's they were T shaped with rounded edges rotating slightly back and forth maybe a few degrees. This disk was very translucent but the images were very vibrant but like 2D with depth? So the image whatever it was was on the wall or 'in the wall' iof that makes sense. I decided to reach out and try to touch it and literally as soon as I touched the wall it stopped and it was literally just a magnolia plasterboard wall.

I honestly can't put what I saw into words it was so strange, my home is 10 years old in lyme regis dorset england I live 50 foot from the sea and things here especially this time of the year with tourists are quite noisy so even the sounds with the windows open are usually quite noisy but oddly when I look back thinking about it I can't remember hearing anyone outside.

Now I am nt jumping to conclusions and tbh I am not into like paranormal stuff at all but what I saw today was very very real certainly to me in fact so vivid I can picture exactly what I saw even now 7 hours later. I've never experienced anything like it in my life. I do know how weird this sounds mind you!!

So that's pretty much it anyone heard anything like this before?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

Sorry one more thing.. when I looked away at another wall the images were NOT on the different wall, but when I looked back at the original wall they were still there.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Well personally the only time i've seen things like that is when i've been Uhhhh...partaking in certain things undiscussable here...dunno what to say. Sounds like you were dozing off. I've seen some weird things when i'm half asleep.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Next lunch nap have a camera handy.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

lol well I am a Licencee (run nightclubs) so I am pretty much anti drugs on all levels but obviously it's my career so have to be careful so no drugs at all, as for dozing off I was honestly wide awake. My phone was in the living room so yes I so wish I could of reached over and took a snap of it to see if it was in my head or something physical. Mentally I am pretty sound (I have aspergers as well so a spade is a spade) But I can personally discount being tired and any narcotics. The only glitch is the fact I had just woken up about 5 mins previously so while I was awake mentally it is possible it could be my eyes with the T pattern but the flicking landscape images I honestly don't know what to make of them. It was a real landscape even though each image was a fraction of a second so you couldn't focus on any individual part of it rather a whole picture my mind was trying to work out what each snap was but then another say 5 had already appeared while I was still focusing on 1 if that makes sense. Just very very strange.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Brains are amazing and we barely understand them.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I do get that, that it was some weird hallucination it was just so real and compounded by the fact I have not experienced anything remotely like it before is why it felt so strange. Was just strange when I touched the wall it stopped instantaneously. rather than continuing if the mind was playing tricks. I just don't know what to make of it as again the thing was as real as anything else in that room as solid but yet not as solid as 3d but only 2d I just honestly cant put it into adequate words.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The fact that you were napping at the time makes me think sleep paralasys. I have had numerous occasions of this and it seems as real as anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I wasn't paralysed though in fact when it happened I sat bolt upright and leaned over for my smokes which is when the T shaped thing moved, thats what Im saying it was as real then as me typing this out on the computer like I was doing normal things like moving about (on the bed) was conscious of my surroundings in the room and was trying to physically analsy it to the point I eventually touched the wall. Just weirdness.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Draw what you saw. Draw it a few times and see if you can remember more with each drawing... sorry, drawring, since you're from England. Half a day is a long time since it happened so your mind will fill in the details but it would still help with remembering.

Did you eat lunch before you took a nap or was it just around lunchtime? What did you eat? I'm not asking you to tell us if you take any medication but consider any new meds if you're taking them; mixing them? Expired?

What do you think it was? What are your top explanations for it?

edit on 1-8-2018 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Not saying you were paralyzed...but rather in something in between sleep and awake.

Believe me. It seems as real as reality.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sensory disturbance?

I once started a new prescribed medication, and about a week later while sitting in my office at my desk, I picked up my coffee cup, which was blue, and it left a "blue trail" from my desk to my lips.

Freaked me out. I called my doctor and told him, and he told me to discontinue that medication.

Could it have been something like that? Also if strain my eyes I see little kaleidoscopes everywhere.

What do you actually think it was? Do you think it was something paranormal?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Not saying you were paralyzed...but rather in something in between sleep and awake.

Yep. Or that. When I was reading, I was waiting to read he saw an "old hag".

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Oh brother you should really check this out. It's a episode of the Twilight Zone from the 80's. They where hour long shows with 2-3 stories. this on is short 16 minutes. Just might give you a idea of what might have happened.
Very cool episode imho.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Yep. Or that. When I was reading, I was waiting to read he saw an "old hag".

This is true. My son had night terrors. I didnt know what they were until I researched. His eyes were open, he was moving and talking, and inconsolable, but he was not awake. I dont know how it works in adults but I have seen such a thing.
edit on 1-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2018 by drewlander because: Dupe

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Some in the past have claimed clairvoyance down to the
atomic level. Do a Google search for keywords "atomic"
and "clairvoyance" and you will see what I mean.
It's an interesting concept to say the least.

Perhaps what you saw was another level of this "reality"
Who really knows how many levels there are?
And that's not even taking into consideration the
possibility of whole universes existing at other vibratory
levels and overlapping our universe.

I think it would be awesome to be clairvoyant down to
the microbial level. That way I could scan my salad
for salmonella before eating it. Or maybe even scan a
potential mate for "parasites".

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Sounds like your blood sugar was a little off.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I have heard of something similar.
It's happened to me twice in my life.
Similar..

I woke up from a nightmare, I was at the beach with all my cousins, like 5 families in a big house. My main cousin friend is sleeping next to me.

I'm awake now, but the loud weird voice didn't stay in my dream. A movie is playing on the wall about knights. The voice is narrating it. Ok I look away to hide from it as it shows me like a wooden structure to sort of lift up the knight who in full armor can't get on a horse.

The voice yells in my ears.. I sit up look over, he's still asleep, damn movie still going loud as hell. I get up it's still playing.. I woke up my mom down the hall in another room. Came back and the movie was gone..

I know I was awake because I woke up my mom.. that is I'm sitting up watching a movie on the wall stand up wake up mom go back down the hall..

I don't know maybe you can dream while awake.. but I was awake haha.

I was fully sober as I was 5 years old.

Oh! And I got interested in knights after this. Everything knights and castles.. that movie on my wall that shouldn't have been there?? Told me accurate information on down to "dick pillows" forget what they're called, but not something I knew about when I was 5...

Life's weird, and I don't know what reality means anymore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join