It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox & Friends Poll Designed to Discredit Medicare for All Explodes in Their Face

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Being rather selfish and self serving, are you?

I work for my own money and support my own family... I'm not exchanging my precious time, blood, sweat, and tears to support people I owe no responsibility to.

What happens if you become disabled, loose your job and to soon to qualify for Medicare and you need surgery that overall, costs 40 50 thousand dollars.

I walk out into a blizzard and die. Not that big of a concern, really... happens to everyone at some point, ya?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

People would rather have a healthy society instead of more money.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As I'm sure you all now, polls like this are scientifically invalid. Remember the ATS polls that gave Ron Paul the lead? If you can show us a scientifically valid poll that expresses the desires of the populace at large, let's take a look. But this stuff is just emotional B.S. and from a scientific standpoint is completely laughable. Dream on.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We keep on fighting this rot that is creeping throughout our country due to sheer ignorance. You know what? #k it. Time to give in and let these people have exactly what they want. I take care of myself and haven't set foot in a doctors office for over 20 years now. I will continue to eat right and exercise. I even have a good enough life philosophy that death isn't an unwelcome acquaintance anymore. I don't actively seek the crossing of the veil, but what happens, happens.

Let us just give in. Let us see what happens to the level of care when it becomes free. I wonder if those tears will be soothing in a 'I told you so' kind of way?

College is pretty much useless anymore with the advent of everyone easily gaining admission. Lets just take it to the obvious conclusion and make it free so it will become just as worthless as free healthcare. Pretty soon that college degree will be just as priceless as a high school diploma. Hahahahahahahahaha. I may have a little sympathy for those that actually paid for that worthless slip of paper before it became free. I suspect by the end of the post secondary implosion, those that skipped it all together will be viewed as the intelligent ones.

I don't think fighting against this crap is even in our best interest anymore. Let the majority learn the valuable lesson of reality for a change.

Let it burn!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How are Govt backed student loans going? They sure made college more affordable didn't they.

Wasn't Obama care supposed to to do the same thing?

You really think medical costs will be reduced with the Govt footing the entire bill?

How gullible can you be?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Like I said the one issue that would course me to vote for trump in 202 is healthcare.

If he helps and doesn't hinder a better universal healthcare plan other than the aca, he has my vote.

So long as he doesn't cut all the environmental laws to pay for it that is.

Because what is the point of free healthcare if the polluted environment is going to keep me sick all the time anyway?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seems like boarder control is in the works. And Trump has caught hell for it.

originally posted by: toysforadults

if we have free medicare for all (using the term free loosely) that means we have very strict border control and immigration policy right?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I dont want to change my plan , nor be taxed more than I already am to pay for someone I dont even know.

Why not?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I don't see why we can't have both.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Lots of people in need.

I believe that could’ve had an impact on who participated in this poll.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I dont want to change my plan , nor be taxed more than I already am to pay for someone I dont even know.

Why not?

why wont you pay my car payment?
edit on pm88201818America/Chicago01p07pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

I content single payer would cause a boom to the econ that would be second only to post WW II. Everyone who feels (is) trapped in a corp job who stays for the med bens can start their own business. It would be earth shaking.

Look at the boon to smallish business - no need to provide health care (beyond the added business part of medicare) no Worker's Comp insurance. Those two alone would increase the viability of small business in this country.

Big but----The corps will not give up this HUGE control over there workers. It will have to be taken at the ballot box. It will not be given.

Thank you for reminding me ---- we could do away with the VA. Everybody covered - no exceptions.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Being rather selfish and self serving, are you?

I work for my own money and support my own family... I'm not exchanging my precious time, blood, sweat, and tears to support people I owe no responsibility to.

What happens if you become disabled, loose your job and to soon to qualify for Medicare and you need surgery that overall, costs 40 50 thousand dollars.

I walk out into a blizzard and die. Not that big of a concern, really... happens to everyone at some point, ya?

oppps, my fingers slipped. No offense.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I owe no responsibility to.

As fellow americans, nay, as fellow human beings , we do have a responsibility to help one another.

Every man for himself is anarchy not democracy.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
As I'm sure you all now, polls like this are scientifically invalid. Remember the ATS polls that gave Ron Paul the lead? If you can show us a scientifically valid poll that expresses the desires of the populace at large, let's take a look. But this stuff is just emotional B.S. and from a scientific standpoint is completely laughable. Dream on.

Of course this poll is scientifically invalid - but what isn't on ATS. Scientifically valid is considered fake news by a majority of members (give or take).

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.adweek.com...

According to Nielsen Live +7-day data, in 2017 CNN’s median age was 60, while the median age of the Fox News and MSNBC viewer was 65.

FOX News viewers likely spit their dentures thinking the poll was asking whether the programs those retirees get their prescriptions and doc visits through were worth the expense.

Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass how many Americans support it... I'm not paying for your damn healthcare. I'll cover my own responsibilities, as I always have, please feel free to do the same.

Being rather selfish and self serving, are you? What happens if you become disabled, loose your job and to soon to qualify for Medicare and you need surgery that overall, costs 40 50 thousand dollars. It could happen. Life is unpredictable and you could find yourself in circumstances similar to this. It could happen. Luck COULD bite you in the arse.

I dont play the what if game.....have money set aside for medical through my retirement account and other places......point is, we shouldnt be forced to pay for other people's health care. right now I have a liability policy and it only covers catastrophic, it is very affordable, and covers me in the event of prolonged illness, everything else is out of pokcet......I dont want to change my plan , nor be taxed more than I already am to pay for someone I dont even know.

All I can say is, different strokes for different folks. What is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. Others may be just as deserving as you but find themselves in different circumstances that do need the assistance. Like a former poster, You speak from personal necessity but be dammed with the rest of us. Personally, even though I consider myself a fiscal conservative I do have compassion for humanity in general and resent the idea that we can't be just a little compassionate toward our fellow man.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
We keep on fighting this rot that is creeping throughout our country due to sheer ignorance. You know what? #k it. Time to give in and let these people have exactly what they want. I take care of myself and haven't set foot in a doctors office for over 20 years now. I will continue to eat right and exercise. I even have a good enough life philosophy that death isn't an unwelcome acquaintance anymore. I don't actively seek the crossing of the veil, but what happens, happens.

Let us just give in. Let us see what happens to the level of care when it becomes free. I wonder if those tears will be soothing in a 'I told you so' kind of way?

College is pretty much useless anymore with the advent of everyone easily gaining admission. Lets just take it to the obvious conclusion and make it free so it will become just as worthless as free healthcare. Pretty soon that college degree will be just as priceless as a high school diploma. Hahahahahahahahaha. I may have a little sympathy for those that actually paid for that worthless slip of paper before it became free. I suspect by the end of the post secondary implosion, those that skipped it all together will be viewed as the intelligent ones.

I don't think fighting against this crap is even in our best interest anymore. Let the majority learn the valuable lesson of reality for a change.

Let it burn!!!

Thank providence .....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Worked out great for me. Cheaper , better coverage and I got to keep my family doctor.

I will gladly pay more taxes so that others can have the same.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
How are Govt backed student loans going? They sure made college more affordable didn't they.

You really think medical costs will be reduced with the Govt footing the entire bill?

How gullible can you be?

NOT ABOUT STUDENT LOANS. OR OBAMA.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Ahh Fox & Friends, Trump’s daily morning intel briefing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join