It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa to change constitution to legalize taking away white farmers' land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
RT.com

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has said the ruling African National Congress must initiate a parliamentary process to enshrine in the constitution a proposed amendment, paving the way for land grabs without compensation.

"There is no reason for anyone of us to panic and start beating war drums," he said at the time, noting that nothing should prevent farming activities from continuing as normal.

However, many of the Boers, descendants of Dutch settlers in South Africa, do not take the government's promises at face value, instead seeking asylum abroad from what they say is a surge in violence and government-fueled hostility against them.

Looks like the ongoing problems in S. Africa are getting a bit worse for the Boers. The article mentioned that Australia has provided emergency visas for exiles. Interestingly, Australia has been labeled a 'racist country' by the head of the EFF (the 'freedom fighters' who want the land...)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It’s time to place sanctions on South Africa again. They just can’t get their crap straight. They are and have been the poster child for human rights violations.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Very sad... I would really love to hear from some of the historical figures and even what musicians like Frank Sinatra would have to say about this (who refused to play in clubs if they would not allow his fellow African-American friend and musician, Sammy Davis Junior also perform and enjoy the same treatment).

It seems that the "pendulum" is swinging in the other direction and now whites will be targeted in South Africa, among other places. I hope targeted groups are able to find peace and escape racism and persecution. Humans are f****d
edit on 1-8-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It’s time to place sanctions on South Africa again. They just can’t get their crap straight. They are and have been the poster child for human rights violations.

Doubt that is going to happen any time soon! Jeff Flake is over in Zimbabwe right now posting about how great the Democracy is on his Twitter page. Go check it out! You don't have to have an account to do so. Also check out James Woods Twitter slamming the hell out of ole Jeff! It's a hoot!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Taking away land based on skin color in 2018 should be a red flag to the world. There damn sure better be world wide outrage. If not hypocrites need to shut up on all human rights violations because I sure as hell won’t be taking them seriously.

I expect crickets from the U.N. On this.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Is it taking land away, or taking land back? If the latter, people in the US better worry because we did the same thing to the Native Americans.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... reuters link to back up OP article from RT

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African ruling African National Congress will push ahead with plans to amend the constitution to allow for the expropriation of land without compensation, President Cyril Ramaphosa said on Tuesday, a move likely to unnerve investors.
not sure this will go over well

www.theroot.com... seems white farmers are intending to make a fight of it

According to Newsweek, which cites local news sources, a number of white farmers have tapped Idan Abolnik, a former soldier with the Israeli special forces, to help them protect themselves. This follows the South African Parliament’s move earlier this year to redistribute land from white South African farmers to black workers, raising fears among those white farmers of violent attacks. The South African government has said that it will not compensate the farmers for their land. Abolnik told South African TV channel News 24 that his class is specially designed for the farmers, focusing on a “a variety of different attacks” using weapons and hand-to-hand combat. “We train them to deal with a variety of different attacks. We teach them hand-to-hand combat, bush warfare, semi-bush warfare, urban warfare and how to collect information,” he said. Marli Swanepoel, one of Abolnik’s students, says she’s targeted because she’s a white landowner.

edit on 1-8-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sanctions would be superfluous; in a few years they'll be starving like Zimbabwe and have the economy of Venezuela and then of course crime gangs will take hold while inter-tribal war fare breaks out and then guess what.......SA starts bleeding "refugees" into Europe and the US/Canada.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Any time possessions are taken because of race it’s fundamentally wrong.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is it taking land away, or taking land back? If the latter, people in the US better worry because we did the same thing to the Native Americans.

Sounds like you want to justify this racial injustice based on history. If that is the case I want my ancestral home land in Germany back.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Didn't they kick all the white farmers out like, 30 years ago?
Right before they had a decade long food shortage, because apparently they weren't willing to run those farms after?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I fear (as other posters have mentioned) it could turn into another Zimbabwe.

a reply to: Nickn3

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I can't help but think about the eb and flow of waves here. The leadership of SA seems to not be very good at looking through history at all. Recent history at that. When the pendulum swings back the other way, how far will it reach?

On a happier note, Race relations in the rest of the world seem to be improving........

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Didn't they kick all the white farmers out like, 30 years ago?
Right before they had a decade long food shortage, because apparently they weren't willing to run those farms after?

Wasn't that Rhodesia? Or Zimbabwe? Or Ethiopia when the Marxist government got the militias to intimidate the farmers to achieve production quotas for agricultural input - then the farmers fled the country as soon as the militias left. Leading to the famine of biblical proportions.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
South Africa is going to look like Haiti in about 20 years

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

ive always been curious who bestowed the power on the USA to sanction countries?

has the USA ever been sanctioned? for the wars, innocent deaths, getting caught spying on allies and citizens, waterboarding, election rigging, supplying arms etc?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
South Africa is going to look like Haiti in about 20 years

if only the internet was real life...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Aren't we all originally from africa? The cradle of civilization?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Sounds like you want to justify this racial injustice based on history. If that is the case I want my ancestral home land in Germany back.

I could finally kick that Texas preacher out of my castle in Scotland.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That sounds like a brilliant move *SARCASM INTENDED* The only prosperous times that continent has seen is when the "white man" came in and ran the show. Africa should be the richest continent on earth yet it isn't because they can not run things and govern.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join