It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parasite Alert Issued for Salads Sold by Kroger, Walgreens, and Trader Joe’s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Maybe the healthy choice might not be so healthy? Federal officials are warning American consumers not to buy more than two dozen types of salad and wraps sold by the Kroger supermarket chain, Trader Joe’s, and Walgreens because of concerns about a possible parasite contamination. The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service advised certain beef, pork and poultry salads and wraps might be contaminated with cyclospora. The parasite can cause diarrhea, vomiting, headache, fever, loss of appetite, weight loss, and stomach pain. The USDA said the issue was discovered when Indianapolis-based food distributor Caito Foods “received notification from its lettuce supplier, Fresh Express, that the chopped romaine that is used to manufacture some of their salads and wraps was being recalled.” The full list of affected products can be viewed on the USDA website. www.fsis.usda.gov...

LINK

I eat a lot of salads, though not from Walgreens, though there are other outlets that have these contaminated products, please watch out

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

First off...NEVER buy a salad at a drug store.
It's like buying sushi at a gas station.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Maybe the healthy choice might not be so healthy? Federal officials are warning American consumers not to buy more than two dozen types of salad and wraps sold by the Kroger supermarket chain, Trader Joe’s, and Walgreens because of concerns about a possible parasite contamination. The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service advised certain beef, pork and poultry salads and wraps might be contaminated with cyclospora. The parasite can cause diarrhea, vomiting, headache, fever, loss of appetite, weight loss, and stomach pain. The USDA said the issue was discovered when Indianapolis-based food distributor Caito Foods “received notification from its lettuce supplier, Fresh Express, that the chopped romaine that is used to manufacture some of their salads and wraps was being recalled.” The full list of affected products can be viewed on the USDA website. www.fsis.usda.gov...

LINK

I eat a lot of salads, though not from Walgreens, though there are other outlets that have these contaminated products, please watch out

Salad at Walgreens? And I thought it odd when Target got groceries.

Anywho....I'm guessing this is premade stuff. I dont eat premade salad specifically because of things like this.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You can buy Imodium there too. Make sense.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well that explains a whole F#ing lot. Last week I got a salad from Walgreens for lunch and the next day had every single one of those symptoms. It lasted for three days and I just stayed laying on my couch at home. I had a hard time even just standing up. Now I’m pissed!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And I thought it odd when Target got groceries

I thought its odd as well, especially with a Publix next to it. I would never buy groceries from Walmart either...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Lettuce and salads in a bag "ready to eat".

Don't buy them. Ever again.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

There could be a conspiracy here. Government inplants working at these companies purposely poisoned the crops. Then after some time the public doesn’t trust our food being processed by these people. Then they(the government) take full control of our food. Then BAM.....we are doomed.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

First off...NEVER buy a salad at a drug store.
It's like buying sushi at a gas station.

Funny, a couple of years ago the Walgreens I go to started selling fruit... Some very bad looking bananas and apples and grapes, in fact. It didn’t last long, they went back to the old drugs and cosmetics only-- and Walgreens--long lines.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Now I’m pissed!

Ummm...well...look on the bright side...you just had a natural high colonic...

And low colonic...and mid colonic...and...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I guess that’s true....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What concerns me is that the salad bar isn't listed on that. I can't imagine that Kroger uses different greens and ingredients in their pre-packaged (which I assumed were made in-store) salads and wraps versus their salad bar.

I'm either wrong, or the salad bar was overlooked...

ETA: It really hurt to click on a "DailyBeast" article

edit on 1-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
We gotta stop 'em!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If folks would just get over the whole radioactive nonsense then most foods could be irradiated.

Food irradiation is exposure to high doses of ionizing energy that kills insects, moulds, bacteria and other potentially harmful micro-organisms as well as extends a product’s shelf life.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The people who shop at walmart need these salads. They are way too fat. A little parasite cleanse will do them wonders

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not whole foods.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Now that's what's called a positive spin.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's not the stores, people. It's the manufacturers and/or packagers.

Not the end users, if all the products are pre packaged.

I can't believe I'm defending Wal-mart, but what's Wal-mart got to do with this? I didn't see them listed in the recall notice? Or did I miss it?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If it's like the deli I used to work at, we used stuff that was about to go past its sell-by to make our stuff. So they likely chop up lettuce and veggies that are about to go since it likely all has to be discarded anyhow at the end of day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join