It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail As Court Orders Retrial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Contempt of court is a law, yes, but one isn't breaking that law by facebooking outside a courthouse. That's what I meant.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hang on what is the percentage of your population that's incarcerated?

And what percentage of such are of the brown and black variety rather than white?

If there is no chaos then why all the xenophobia and big walls to keep out the undesirables, nevermind why so many people in the gaol?

Seems to me there is plenty of chaos to go around on both sides of the pond.

Completely irrelevant, but I understand why you'd say that: to avoid the argument.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Words

Contempt of court is a law, yes, but one isn't breaking that law by facebooking outside a courthouse. That's what I meant.

I obviously misunderstood you post.

That’s untrue. The US has no such laws and the court has not lost authority nor is the rule of law undermined.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Boadicea

No im stating facts, its the stuff in the Bible that's made up.

Predestination and Freewill are not compatible, nothing made up about that, its logical reasoning really.

But nevermind im sure your God will sort Robinson out at some point. LoL

Now you're just going off the deep end. You cannot even differentiate between what I actually stated and what you have presumed from my words. I spoke to a non-specific non-denominational "Creator". Nothing more and nothing less.

You are the one bringing up the Bible and God and predestination and projecting it onto me. Quite honestly, given your oh-so-stereotypical presumptions about religion and faith, I seriously don't think your mind is developed or open enough to even grasp what I believe...

But I can assure you, this ain't it.

And now I'm done with you. Our words will stand on their own merit.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That’s untrue. The US has no such laws and the court has not lost authority nor is the rule of law undermined.

Yes, laws differ according to country and jurisdiction. I apologize for not being clear enough. Forgive me. Hopefully now you understand. No one in the US will be arrested for facebooking outside of a courthouse.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yes, laws differ according to country and jurisdiction. I apologize for not being clear enough. Forgive me. Hopefully now you understand. No one in the US will be arrested for facebooking outside of a courthouse.

yet give it time thats the us goverments wet dream

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You really endorse him sitting in a prison for a year because you think he's a nazi? Listen I don't agree with the guy on a lot of stuff but he has valid points too. You just call everyone a nazi who doesn't fall in line with the extreme progressives in the UK.

I hear so many brits OK with this just because you don't agree with him not because of the actual crime. You're not fooling anyone on your true agenda to shut him up

No wrong think in the UK or you go to prison.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Thus endangering the trial. What he did could have put the court case in jeopardy thus causing a mis trial and then causing the victims more trouble by having to go through it all again.
He understood this and pleaded guilty.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Don't be such an arse and don't EVER put words in my mouth.

If you'd bothered to read the whole contents of my posts instead of cherry picking the things you don't like you would KNOW that my primary concern is indeed the girls who have been abused, and still are being abused, by these horrible monsters.

Instead you choose to take things completely out of context in an effort to support your stance on Tommy Robinson.

You are just as pathetic in your blind faith of him as the PC Brigade and MSM etc are in the continued denial that we have a problem with grooming gangs in sections of the Asian communities here in the UK.

Show me one post where I have not explicitly stated that the bigger issue is these children who are being abused and NOT Tommy Robinson and those playing semantics with legalities.

Its all smoke in mirrors and YOU are actively helping maintain the status quo that does not address the issue of these vulnerable children being systematically abused.

Get off your #ing high horse - Tommy Robinson is a knobhead and is playing THEIR game for THEIR purposes.

You entering into this pathetic game is just a part of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Thus endangering the trial. What he did could have put the court case in jeopardy thus causing a mis trial and then causing the victims more trouble by having to go through it all again.
He understood this and pleaded guilty.

It doesn't endanger a trial. The silly, frivolous law put the case in jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Steven Lennon is a Zionist shill.

Watch the video below:

edit on 1-8-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There are indeed laws in the US which govern similar behavior. If and when a Judge issues a gag order and someone defies the gag order they can and will be held in contempt of court.

Many in the US have run up against gag orders and this includes, lawyers, reporters, prosecutors and defendants. So there are laws in the US which correlate to the same offense this guy was convicted of.

I don't know enough about him to say with any authority that he is a racist, but what I have read is that he is someone whom fails to understand basic instructions from a Judge who said don't do it again and still did it again in violation of a previous trial,which resulted in the suspended sentence.

If you are "facebooking" about a trial and a Judge issued a gag order then yes you will go to jail for contempt of court.

Here is a DA that found out the hard way.

www.abajournal.com...

edit on 8/1/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Don't be such an arse...

Classy.

... and don't EVER put words in my mouth.

A little defensive there, huh? I never put words in your mouth. I just took your words at face value. You said what you said, and I said the girls who had been abused might see it differently... if anything, I was putting words in their mouths.

If you'd bothered to read the whole contents of my posts instead of cherry picking the things you don't like you would KNOW that my primary concern is indeed the girls who have been abused, and still are being abused, by these horrible monsters.

I never said otherwise... again, I just said the girls so abused... those victims that are your primary concern... might think differently. Are they arses too if they don't agree with you???

Instead you choose to take things completely out of context in an effort to support your stance on Tommy Robinson.

I quoted you word for word and addressed your points in order. Nothing taken out of context. Perhaps you should have provided more context...

You are just as pathetic in your blind faith...

So classy... and such an awesome defense of your position!

...of him as the PC Brigade and MSM etc are in the continued denial that we have a problem with grooming gangs in sections of the Asian communities here in the UK.

Let me get into pretzel mode here and try to understand this... So it's bad that folks are in denial about grooming gangs and it's bad that this guy is trying to correct that denial about grooming gangs but when the authorities who keep protecting the grooming gangs puts the guy shining the big fat spotlight on those grooming gangs in jail a good thing... Sorry. I'm just not double-jointed enough to tie myself into that pretzel.

How exactly does that work? Spell it out for me. Draw me a picture. I certainly don't want to, you know, take anything out of context...

Show me one post where I have not explicitly stated that the bigger issue is these children who are being abused and NOT Tommy Robinson and those playing semantics with legalities.

No, thank you...

Its all smoke in mirrors and YOU are actively helping maintain the status quo that does not address the issue of these vulnerable children being systematically abused.

Really? I'm doing that? Just by typing a few words on the internet? I'm soooooooo POWERFUL!!!

Get off your #ing high horse -

Your vocabulary is really impressive. So are the thought processes that must have gone into such a profound sentence.

You entering into this pathetic game is just a part of it.

Oh dear...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

...but what I have read is that he is someone whom fails to understand basic instructions from a Judge who said don't do it again and still did it again in violation of a previous trial,which resulted in the suspended sentence.

I disagree. I think Tommy knew exactly what he was doing, and knew exactly what the consequences would be, and decided it was important enough to do it anyway.

We can debate his choice, but I don't think there's any doubt it was a conscious decision on his part.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You are cherry picking sections of posts in order to support your stance on Tommy Robinson.

I've made my personal thoughts pretty clear enough.

I really haven't got time to continue this 'discussion' as I am going out, but I will later on and I will address all the points you have made.

I've yet heard anyone try and explain how Tommy Robinson was doing anything that was in the victims of that particular grooming case interests by jeopardizing that trial?
And its them who should be everyone's primary concern.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

There are indeed laws in the US which govern similar behavior. If and when a Judge issues a gag order and someone defies the gag order they can and will be held in contempt of court.

Many in the US have run up against gag orders and this includes, lawyers, reporters, prosecutors and defendants. So there are laws in the US which correlate to the same offense this guy was convicted of.

I don't know enough about him to say with any authority that he is a racist, but what I have read is that he is someone whom fails to understand basic instructions from a Judge who said don't do it again and still did it again in violation of a previous trial,which resulted in the suspended sentence.

If you are "facebooking" about a trial and a Judge issued a gag order then yes you will go to jail for contempt of court.

Here is a DA that found out the hard way.

www.abajournal.com...

That's a good point, but it was my understanding that Tommy wasn't breaking a gag order, but an automatic reporting restriction. A gag order was placed on Tommy's own trial.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You are cherry picking sections of posts in order to support your stance on Tommy Robinson.

I have responded to YOUR words, point by point. I have not cherry picked anything. Do you even know what that means???

I've made my personal thoughts pretty clear enough.

Yup.

I really haven't got time to continue this 'discussion' as I am going out, but I will later on and I will address all the points you have made.

Okay.

I've yet heard anyone try and explain how Tommy Robinson was doing anything that was in the victims of that particular grooming case interests...

Transparency in criminal prosecutions is always in the best interests of both past and potential future victims. I would also add it is in the best interests of innocent defendants as well. Secret star chambers only protect the guilty.

...by jeopardizing that trial?

You presume that anything he did actually jeopardized the trial.

And its them who should be everyone's primary concern.

Actually, our greatest concern should be the future victims should the predators not be appropriately prosecuted and sentenced. Those who have already been victimized must live with it. We can give them some justice, but we can't stop what already happened for them... only for future victims.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Our words through, not Gods nor any other creator bull crap.

Your the one that believes a creator bestowed our ability/notion of freewill/speech, and also seem to imagine we possess the ability from birth. LoL

I say that was Man and over time such abilities and ideologies develop and has nothing to do with God or a creator.

Ether way i still think Robinsons a racist twat with his own little agenda and axe to grind.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Robinson plead guilty once it was explained.
But yeah let's let the guy off even though he broke the law. Does it work that way in the states...nope.
Streaming yet sentenced people could have brought a mis trial I for one do not want the victims of abuse to have to go through it all again. Robinson could have caused all that pain plus the many hundreds of thousands of pounds it would have cost.
He was an idiot tbh he knew what he was doing and still did it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Robinson's actions did jeopardise the trial.

You might disagree with the law but it is the law and Robinson was well aware of that.

His actions were all but his own self promotion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join