It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant footprints on the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Looking at the images i think i know what caused it. During scanning of the film you are seeing what happens when a high energy particle hit the scanner during processing. If it was a digital camera you would have seen it as a streak. If I'm right the original image won't have these holes and it will only show on the scanned version.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Do you mean scanned in orbit or on Earth?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: wmd_2008

So no giant alien robot wandering about on the Moon then?

Damn you and your science and logic and knowledge of photography!

Yes sorry about that it would have been interesting if it was

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Spoilsport.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yearh but still..

How does these "footprints" keep going on the next scans.. are you saying that with some insane amount of luck these burns just happens to line up on each picture, forming a perfect path across many scans.

Or do you think they put all the pictures together on earth like a giant mosaic and spilled some coffee on the finished map

I sill believe these "footprints" was there at some point.. or still are, there are many tricks or things that could make them disappear.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

It's a fault on the original film. You can tell it's on the original film by the way the marks behave as they cross a line of emulsion stain caused by some sort of stutter in the roller mechanisms.

The marks were never actually on the lunar surface itself. If they were there now you could get out a telescope and see them yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I love the thought of something like giant footprints on the moon. My problem is the source being Google Earth. We know that the program has glitches all over the place and stitches images together.
For me I think this is just meteorite or asteroid holes of some sort. Google Earth can't be trusted as source of anything replated to UFO's.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Soylent Green Is People posted this

Why would they be grey in the shadow get a grip

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join