It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant footprints on the Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Alien scout robot ?? Walking 325 miles on the surface of the moon, leaving behind giant footprints.

These footprints are huge, around 360 yards wide.

There are a giant crater at the end of the path, that looks nothing like other craters, looks like a entrance or some bad paint job made to cover up a structure.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Look more like a holes than prints, distance between marks are pretty much same all the way more like something mechanic would have made them. When we walk our steps are not always same in distance. Intresting find !

Ancient Aliens must have been digging there and stole all the gold Mars had... those thieves !!
edit on 1-8-2018 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The only possible explanation other than a giant walking across the moon is an asteroid or metoerite entering the moons weak atmoshphere already breaking up and falling in a not so perfect line smaller pieces break off making impact holes in line
then final piece crashes making larger hole !
Sort of like Shoemaker Levy 9 the way it broke up before hitting and parts broke off on the same trajectory but landed before the larger piece hit !

But apart from that , good find and yes looks very much like a regular pattern !

mental!
edit on 1-8-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Tumbling object coming in at oblique angle before hitting higher terrain feature and either bouncing back upward and out or coming to a stop there but leaving unusual terrain feature, alternatively someone taking mineral sampling then mining at high concentration point of some mineral or resource.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Whats up with the little white X that shows up a lot in that video?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'd say it looks like the bullet holes from a "flat earther's" arab wedding party.

You know how they shoot their guns up into the air; except when the are not shooting someone in the wedding party.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Seen the urn on the treasury building at Petra.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

My first thought was if something were to be that big and walk on two feet, it would need bigger feet and the foot print impact would cause more debris around feet marks. The feet aren't shaped proportionately to support bipedal walking and if they were the trail would be more messy.

I don't know what it is that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

My first thought was if something were to be that big and walk on two feet, it would need bigger feet and the foot print impact would cause more debris around feet marks. The feet aren't shaped proportionately to support bipedal walking and if they were the trail would be more messy.

I don't know what it is that's for sure.

Maybe it's an AT-AT.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't you know? It has to be Bigfoot! Now, you may ask where the proof is, like we have of UFOs: where's the very blurry picture of the lunar Bigfoot? Well, that is the proof, that the New World Order scrubbed all the evidence. Remember: no evidence of anything can only mean the truth was well covered-up.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This hurts my head. Why oh why on a celestial body covered in craters would someone assume a crater like image is 'giant footprints'?

Of the list of probabilities of what caused those (relatively) evenly spaced indentations, giant footprints (or really anything other than some kind of meteor/asteroid/bolide impact) are as close to the bottom as to effectively be the bottom.

This doesn't detract from the coolness of the feature, or the peculiar and unique concert of variables that caused its formation, but make no mistake, its almost assuredly a natural formation.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Even I am having a hard time trying to fathom these images as footprints. You do realize the size of the object would have to be to make such an impact? Someone did take that into account right?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Why would they be visible at all on the dark side of this mountain? Nothing else in that shadow of the mountain is catching any sunlight.

That makes me think it might be some sort of image glitch -- whether it's a real feature/crater that got reapeated in the process of stitching together the image, or is an repeating image artifact that looks coincidentally like a crater.

They also do not appear in the LRO images of the Moon:

LRO Image of That Area

edit on 1/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not only there are holes, but there are parts that look like neighborhood grids that only have the foundation left at 4:11-4:18 . I also saw parts that looked like barracks at 4:18.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

They are markings superimposed by the camera taking the image.

The spots appear across Lunar Orbiter image IV 191 H3

www.lpi.usra.edu...

I haven't found any other lunar orbiter images with it. It also isn't on the LRO site, and I'm looking to see that they aren't on Indian, Chinese or Japanese images either.

The area is Mare Crisium, which is visible from Earth, and as such you would imagine they would pop up in telescope views all over the place, like this one:

Suffice to say the fact that they only appear on one image, developed and scanned in lunar orbit then transmitted back to Earth, suggests a fault in this process somewhere rather than giant steps walking on the moon.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

originally posted by: Macenroe82

They are markings superimposed by the camera taking the image.

The spots appear across Lunar Orbiter image IV 191 H3

www.lpi.usra.edu...

I haven't found any other lunar orbiter images with it. It also isn't on the LRO site, and I'm looking to see that they aren't on Indian, Chinese or Japanese images either.

The area is Mare Crisium, which is visible from Earth, and as such you would imagine they would pop up in telescope views all over the place, like this one:

Suffice to say the fact that they only appear on one image, developed and scanned in lunar orbit then transmitted back to Earth, suggests a fault in this process somewhere rather than giant steps walking on the moon.

Perfect, thanks for the sleuthing!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i noticed that as well, very strange the 'x' seems very out of place.

it must have been put there in photo processing....right?...right?

but on the footprints they do look like something with a long stride walking but where did it go and where did it come from? and if it could fly why walk? maybe they are 'sample' holes.

could be a meteorite that broke up on impact and just happened to land in that strange pattern

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are NO giant footprints 👣 on the moon. Please stop wasting your time with this utter nonsense.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
And as promised, a (low res) view from China compared with the Lunar Orbiter:

India (also low res):

and Japan:

I don't see much point in posting an LRO view, as I am pretty confident that it will be dismissed as tainted.

Hi res versions of the China and India images can be arranged if people insist, but will take a while.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
There are NO giant footprints 👣 on the moon. Please stop wasting your time with this utter nonsense.

Erm, what about Buzz Aldrin's?.

Sorry could not resist.

Of course if you are a we did not go to the moon believer then fair enough but otherwise a blanket statement which can be taken out of context BUT we all know what you mean, you don't believe these are footprint's and indeed neither do most of us but it is still an interesting thread so thank's to the OP.

Here are some nice images just for general curiosity.
www.wired.com...
Sure one of the space jocky's here will have a better source for these though.

edit on 1-8-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join