It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Dead In ICE Detention Center Due To ‘Negligent Care’: Immigration Lawyer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's like you understand nothing about American civics and how Executive policy changes every 4 to 8 years...

How quint you attack me, because you're wrong. Color me not surprised....

Ah another person who has super thin skin and takes criticism as an attack. I like how you both try to make it seem like I'm criticizing you because I'm "losing the argument" or because "I'm wrong". No I'm criticizing you because you are displaying a lack of knowledge on the subject you are discussing.

You think a law written by Democrats and passed in 1952, was passed by Trump in 2017... Who has a lack of knowledge ?

No I don't think that at all. Stop lying and misrepresenting my point.

Ok then.... When was the Law written ? When was it passed ? What lie did I write here ?

The only attempt to misrepresent facts are you, trying to attach a law passed in 1952, to an administration in 2018,

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Maybe we should go back to "Catch and Release".

You know that program that guaranteed at least a few kids were trafficked. I guess a few kids being trafficked is ok because of a few incidents where people were not doing their job.

Maybe we should eliminate the police force because sometimes bad cops shoot innocent people. Isn't that the same logic?

This is a tragic situation that needs to be investigated and people need to be held accountable. This is not Trump's fault, blaming him for others failures is disingenuous.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
ICE Y U SO EVAL?!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Ok. I don't have a problem with that.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

a reply to: WarPig1939

You apparently haven't thought that plan through very well. First. Deportation costs money and resources. You can't just wave your hand and the people are out of the country. Planes need to allocated. They need to be fueled. They need to be piloted. Their routes planned. Schedules implemented. And many more.

Second, if you think the international backlash against Trump for implementing the policy initially was bad, then your plan would make it look like a celebration. Dumping a bunch of unsupervised children straight into another country that they may or may not have originally came from and their parents may or may not be even in will create pretty much near unanimous condemnation from the entire international community. You may not care about that, but quite a few Americans do.

Third. It's Constitutionally illegal and violates Due Process.

"Dumping a bunch of unsupervised children straight into another country that they may or may not have originally came from and their parents may or may not be even in..........." Pot meet Kettle...pretty sure that's happened HERE already.....Meh...NM

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

No... They came here with their parents then we separated them.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You do realize that 25% didn't show back up and that there was no way to vet children and families properly.

You are supporting a program that allowed at least some children to be trafficked.

I would seperatr 1 million kids who will be reunited with there families before I support a program that ensures at least some children will be trafficked.

The 1 million children will recover from what their parents put them through. The 1 trafficked child will never recover.

You are being naive and short sited. "Catch and Release" is the most disgusting and disturbing policy ever when it comes to the well being of the children.

Detain and process through the courts is the only way to stop child trafficking. And there is an EO already signed to stop seperation.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You do realize that 25% didn't show back up and that there was no way to vet children and families properly.

I really don't care about whatever unvetted statistics and partisan talking points you post. What I do know is that the program was FAR less controversial than what Trump and Sessions attempted with their No Tolerance policy. So until a better course of action can be suggested, we should use that.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join