It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy. . . . . . ., did I mess up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Congratulations, I think.
That sure makes my 6.5% increase this year look even more pathetic!

I filled in for my supervisor while she was out on a medical issue. They've added "her assistant" to my job description as a thanks I suppose?...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What the # are you talking about? how does it matter this this forum and why is it on the front page?

I mean do you work for something interesting that matters?

what's the deal?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godstuff
What the # are you talking about? how does it matter this this forum and why is it on the front page?

I mean do you work for something interesting that matters?

what's the deal?

It's on the front page because EVERY new thread spends some time on the front page. It's in the MEMBERS forum--not UFOs or the latest conspiracy. Hint: One need not click on a thread. It's not required.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So a public gloat about your success, insecure much?!

I’m really pleased for you but not sure why you’re sharing it? Do you feel the need for public reassurance?

Well done by the way, you must be really proud.....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good Lord, people! I get a kick out of these guys who have a few dozen posts over several years picking on DB who has made tens of thousand and is one of the most beloved posters on this site--for good reason. Why not concentrate on providing some CONTENT instead of stupid ad hominem attacks for no good reason. Because you now what? You're losing.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If I didn't ad hom DB I don't think I'd have any meaningful interactions with him at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
goo.gl...

Shoes for your new job
"Bite the curb."

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Portland was (kind of still is) a great place, but things really took a turn South back in the early 80s when the jails were over crowded and a judge ordered non-violent or minor criminal offenders released (if I recall, they only get held over night then released). The result was within a week or so the Crypts and Bloods arrived in force as well as all sorts of other small time criminals after the judges ruling made the national news. Also because of Portland's great social services the homeless and youth runaway ranks also swelled over the years and the crime rate went way up.

It still seems nice, but recent events with misguided individuals and probable for hire (?) bad actors causing harm to persons and property, I'm not so sure any more.

Also, the Saturday market used to be about artist showing and selling their "things," but now it is mostly commercial crap with some artists still there. Kind of sad, not like the old days.

FYI, I HATE the OHSU buildings down by the Ross island bridge. They are too tall. They completely block the view of the river and Mount Hood. I have friends who live on Corbet, and they used to be able to see them before the OSHU buildings went up. The city planners that approved those should be ****. If those builds were only half as tall everything would have been okay.

crawls off soap box walks away....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Freaking awesome! Those bastards.

You are the man. I imagine you are this kickass bigshot, power bawler that gets things done like a mofo on fire.

And you are mad chill and all that jazz.

Im really happy that people like you exist. Really happy you are killing it man.

HOLD IT DOWN!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Congrats!

Typically when a manager leaves McDonalds they promote a cook, so you obviously must have skills to warrant relocation.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So if I get hurt at an Antifa protest can you hook me up on that hospital bill?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0010110011101
So a public gloat about your success, insecure much?!

I’m really pleased for you but not sure why you’re sharing it? Do you feel the need for public reassurance?

Well done by the way, you must be really proud.....

1. What's wrong with being a positive role model?

2. Who's your favorite musician?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If a worker is worthless and is screwing up the workers that produce profit, sometimes they promote them so they can't mess up the production of the workers. The more the messup, the higher the promotion.

Congratulations on your promotion

PS. sometimes they promote people because they are good, but that would not have been as interesting of a post.

That's the hazard of working for companies/corporations. Sometimes they just promote people because there's nowhere else to put them, or they have to maintain a manager/engineer ratio. Other times, they can get more contracts the more project managers they have. When our project finished, they needed a lot fewer staff to maintain the software, so all those with the highest qualifications were expected to move into "senior" positions. A few accepted their fate, but then there were layoffs after the company changed direction towards the AI/machine learning boom and they too were laid off.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Congrats!

Typically when a manager leaves McDonalds they promote a cook, so you obviously must have skills to warrant relocation.

I'm second assistant lead in charge of fries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
So if I get hurt at an Antifa protest can you hook me up on that hospital bill?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You work at Innotech?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Yeah.

Pretty much.

Gotta keep up with the TPS Reports!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Congrats! I feel ya totally.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Had lunch at the Matador today.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Abysha

Had lunch at the Matador today.

Cuisine traitor! You get naked women with my Mexican food. You should still come by if you ever feel like slumming it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join