It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actress Anne Hathaway : SJW

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

The person narrating the video is just assuming Anne is a liberal, he and all of us do not know.

Also Kehlani has spoken out and she is originally from Oakland, maybe she knows something we don't know.

www.dazeddigital.com...
edit on 17CDT11America/Chicago031111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Necrobile

Very interesting comment.

Yea, it is probably the case that its more likely that whites fear blacks rather than the other way around. That's one of the big reasons so many of us racist white folk self-segregate. While we don't actually hate black people, we don't want to suffer the consequences of being white in the US.

Plenty of racist things we need to address in this country? Probably, maybe, but the elephant in the room that no one discusses is that the automatic labeling of white people as racist, the constant drum beat of accusations of "white privilege" by the leftist white elites and the Black Academics and Black leadership has created another real problem. That problem, which will probably never be addressed because no one wants to acknowledge it exists. And what is that problem? Well, to the extent that it appears that the "American" elites and political class has bought into this white privilege/all whites racist idea, an increasing number of whites have come to identify this as the "American" stance and find themselves increasingly becoming anti-American.

As to Anne Hathaway? She's the perfect example of White "American" Leftist privilege.
en.wikipedia.org...

Hathaway attended Brooklyn Heights Montessori School and Wyoming Elementary School in Millburn.[11] She graduated from Millburn High School, where she played soccer and participated in many plays, including Once Upon a Mattress, in which she portrayed Winnifred.[12] Later, she appeared in other plays like Jane Eyre and Gigi, at New Jersey's Paper Mill Playhouse.[13] She studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in 1993 and became the first teenager admitted into the Barrow Group Theater Company's acting program.[14][15] She spent several semesters studying as an English major and political science minor at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York,[16] before transferring to New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study.[17] She has stated that she would have become either an English teacher or psychologist if she were not acting.[18]

Hathaway married actor and businessman Adam Shulman on September 29, 2012, in Big Sur, California in a traditional Jewish ceremony.[163] She gave birth to their son in 2016.[164] That year, Hathaway purchased an apartment worth $2.55 million in Upper West Side, a neighborhood in Manhattan where she lives with Shulman and their child.

I kinda doubt she's ever seen East St. Louis or Detroit, but she can talk the talk of "white privilege". She's a shining example of a "Great American".

Very insightful, courageous post. I think you make many valid posts.

I am ashamed to admit that I bought into the whole white privilege thing for years. Did I experience a privileged life? I have always applied for jobs under the Equal opportunity act. If a minority applied with equal and sometimes less credentials they got the job...heaven help you if you are a white male. I have worked since I was 13 years old. I applied for disability once when I had sustained vertigo with severe balance issues and was vomiting and falling over and was denied. I pay my bills and try to be frugile. I try to be decent to everyone and really enjoy other cultures.. I never benefited from slavery and wasn't around for Jim Crow...Does that make me privileged?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
So according to this I should feel safer buying drugs from white people but would be much safer working with and dating black people.

I like it!!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

nvm I found it.

From the list:

All homicides White:45% blacks:52%

Circumstances
murder: White: 38% black: 59%
sex related: whites: 54% black: 43%
drug related: White: 33% Black:65%
Gang related: White: 53% Black: 42%
workplace: White:70% Black: 25%

So more blacks are killing overall.

Blacks are seem to be doing it because of drugs and anger while whites are doing it because of sex, workplace frustrations and gang activity.

Interesting to note that more white gang members kill people than black ones do.

Not surprised that more murder happens in the black community than the white because of drugs.
Also not surprised that white people murder more co workers than black people do.

So according to this I should feel safer buying drugs from white people but would be much safer working with and dating black people.

It seems you forgot this is based on 12% of the population being black and 70+% being white.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I am responding to her statement . I don't care if she is a liberal or just a naive , rich little white girl, her statement is divisive and misleading and very presumptuous. Imagine generalizing and speaking for an entire race of people.. and not even being accurate to top it off.... what a bunch of bunk. I was once a bleeding heart liberal, until I understood the hypocrisy, and divisiveness of the current liberal climate .

This is just my opinion and observation but I think we are currently living in a world were everything has become corrupted . Some institutions more than others. Feminism, liberalism, unions and most religions used to have a purpose, now they have been exploited and corrupted for the benefit of a very few and most people no longer have the reasoning skills and common sense to understand what is going on.

Liberalism used to be about peace, tolerance,fairness, equality for all, and acceptance....not any more, in fact it is now in inversion. It now seems to be about war, bickering, inequality , nonacceptance and hate. Let''s not forget the race baiting and PC and identity politics.

edit on 31-7-2018 by pointessa because: added

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
Yes, that is the video, let me know what you think. I feel like he makes a lot of sense.

I agree with him. I believe Anne Hathaway had some sort of script to follow - she is an actress. But it is not just colour division that the media pushes.............it's job is divide all people, to set humans against humans. What comes to mind is the wrestling scene in Django Unchained......the elite love to see us fight. Divide and conquer.

The video in the quote above was posted by you - does it play for you? Or anyone?? It does not play for me.

edit on 31-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

When it says 'black' does that mean 'not entirely white'? Does 'white' mean 'absolutely no black'?
There is a lot of mixed race people................under what heading would they appear?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You responded with a video of a man dissing her because he "thinks" (without proof) that she is a liberal and which flames the political hate rampant on ATS that the only people who seek social justice have to be liberals. I am still not sure what your point of this thread is, dissing Anne Hathaway, or liberals, or both.

And how does Anne Hathaway know the daily life of a black person, all one has to do is research actual experiences.

10. Having white people say we’re exaggerating these issues. This isn’t so much a fear as a chronic and sometimes debilitating annoyance. It seems that no matter how much we can statistically demonstrate that racism is pervasive and damages us on many levels, there are white people who fight us tooth and nail with arguments that life is not as challenging for us as we say it is. I’ve given up convincing white people about the harsh realities of my life as a black man. I’ll devote that energy to fighting for my black liberation in our very racist society.

www.alternet.org...
edit on 17CDT12America/Chicago013121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Great a reason to dislike another celebrity, I love how they give their sjw liberal idiocy doctrines to all us inbred knock kneed peasants.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

originally posted by: InTheLight

Don't like insiders spilling some beans or what is this about? I could tell you similar stories regarding my life as well. So what? I don't need to like her in order to debate her stance, if I could.

Which you didn't though. Blame the SJW's for actual social injustice happening on a daily basis then?

Anyone that promotes racial conflict of any sort is actually promoting social injustice whether you are able to comprehend that or not.

Bringing to light what may be a white supermacist killing and asking for an investigation is unveiling the truth either way.

Hear, hear!

So now we are throwing out the words " White Supremicist" even before it is a verifiable fact, that is typical SJW technique...name calling with no accountability.

I just read the mental illness goes hand in hand with racism and white supremacy and with recent racial tensions in Oakland how can we rule out white supremacy entirely?

So now you have gone from prove that it is which is what our system is based on -- innocent until proven guilty, benefit of the doubt, etc., to prove that it isn't which is the polar opposite of that.

Do we know it wasn't? Do we know it was? As far as I can tell the only thing saying it really was happens to be the skin colors, and if we're that far gone, then there is no hope for anyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I have no idea why you are continuing on this thread other than to troll. Do you honestly believe you can truly know what the daily life of a race of people is like by "reading the research"? And after you read the research can you come up with a vast generalization that every one of them is afraid? Can you point me to the research that will allow me to understand the lives of every black person in the US or do I just need to google it? Can a race of people with oodles of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds in different areas of the country, city and rural all be consolidated in works of academic research? If you are 20 or under, I can understand your statement. Youngsters can be naive and idealistic, otherwise I am not sure what to think.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here is an article about the murder:

Oakland, California (CNN)Nia Wilson was standing on a Bay Area Rapid Transit station platform in Oakland, California, Sunday night when she was stabbed to death in an apparently unprovoked attack. By Monday night, John Cowell, 27, had been arrested in connection to the stabbing, but days later, officials still haven't said what prompted the attack, which a police chief compared to a "prison yard assault." The random murder of Wilson -- a black teenager described by her family as loving and selfless -- prompted nearly 1,000 people to march in Oakland in a vigil for Wilson early this week, according to an estimate by the Oakland police. TSome have claimed the attack was racially motivated, because Cowell is white, though the BART police and the Alameda County District Attorney's Office have said they don't have evidence to back up that claim. Cowell's family released a statement that said he had been struggling with mental illness. ext But Wilson's family members and others in the community feel the murder should be considered a hate crime, regardless of what caused the fatal stabbing. "It is a hate crime," Malika Harris, Wilson's 25-year-old sister told CNN on Thursday. "That's how I feel, okay?"

So no evidence that this was racially motivated at this point and the family says the murderer was struggling with mental illness. Yet, we have people protesting this as a racially motivated killing. I understand there are racially motivated killings, but at this point, we do not know that this is one of them. Protesting without a legitimate cause begins to take the impact out of them, this one makes the protesters look angry and foolish.

As was stated earlier in this thread, maybe the guy hates women, or good looking women. Maybe he thought he was in a war. Maybe he was schizoid and a voice told him to kill the next person he saw...who knows why..

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Yes, that is the video, let me know what you think. I feel like he makes a lot of sense.

I agree with him. I believe Anne Hathaway had some sort of script to follow - she is an actress. But it is not just colour division that the media pushes.............it's job is divide all people, to set humans against humans. What comes to mind is the wrestling scene in Django Unchained......the elite love to see us fight. Divide and conquer.

The video in the quote above was posted by you - does it play for you? Or anyone?? It does not play for me.

I agree with you. Really, it doesn't matter what the division/ distraction is, they want conflict. What better way to do that than controlling the media, buying out the government, school systems and entertainment industries.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Why do people even listen to these FAKE people?

She is a product, and if that product is selling well they keep it on the shelf.
But when it's not, then they "Hollywood" toss it in the Garbage.

Anne Goathaway.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

FBI 2016 homicide data

This is the most recent data from the FBI.

We can see a couple things here.

First and foremost, blacks kill twice as many whites as whites kill blacks.

At first glance, this would suggest that a black person is twice as likely to kill a white person than a white killing a black person, however... there are 5 times as many whites in the US as blacks. So, a population a fifth the size commits twice as many killings on the opposite race.

Using some rough math, a black person is 10 times more likely to kill a white person than the other way around.

Sounds like white people are the ones who should be fearful.

Onto a much larger issue, over 80% of white murders are committed by white people, and 90% of black murders are committed by black people.

In reality, murders committed solely because of race probably account for less than 1% of the gross.

You might as well argue that you shouldn't wear condoms because they are only 98% effective.

Anyway, all this BS celebrity crying is just a by-product from the agenda of TPTB. They create and keep everyone focused on imaginary issues so they can gain more control.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

If you go to the Wikipedia link I provided, you'll see she has quite a lengthy resume. But yea, she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and now lives "posh" in NYC.

If you look at all the "charity" work and the groups she supports it becomes quite obvious that she spends buttloads of time polishing her Leftist PC credentials to wow the NYC elites and the influentials in her industry. Its just what they do. And all the while amassing 10s of millions of dollars. Useless meat suit really.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
When I was a kid the black community told be to never stick up for them as it made people look even worse
As a kid I saw 2 Italian guys making fun of 2 black girls. They were saying real nasty stuff.

Then a white girl stepped in between the 2 and went off on the Italians saying they were racist and what not.

Then the black girl start beating on the white girl ripping her clothes off.

I was stunned , and questioned why these girls would just jump someone sticking up for them.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

FBI 2016 homicide data

This is the most recent data from the FBI.

We can see a couple things here.

First and foremost, blacks kill twice as many whites as whites kill blacks.

At first glance, this would suggest that a black person is twice as likely to kill a white person than a white killing a black person, however... there are 5 times as many whites in the US as blacks. So, a population a fifth the size commits twice as many killings on the opposite race.

Using some rough math, a black person is 10 times more likely to kill a white person than the other way around.

Sounds like white people are the ones who should be fearful.

Onto a much larger issue, over 80% of white murders are committed by white people, and 90% of black murders are committed by black people.

In reality, murders committed solely because of race probably account for less than 1% of the gross.

You might as well argue that you shouldn't wear condoms because they are only 98% effective.

Anyway, all this BS celebrity crying is just a by-product from the agenda of TPTB. They create and keep everyone focused on imaginary issues so they can gain more control.

Really informative post. Bet you won't see these stats in the MSM.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Its this kind of rubbish that really turned me away from the progressive left although its not very appealing to me on the right side either. The more time I spend in the centre the more balanced everything appears.

Balance is key.

Far left is a bunch of self loathing white folks, tons of ignorance, and miserable entitled ideologes who will die on any given hill verses reflect on their life
Far right is a bunch of racist farks, tons of ignorance, and miserable privileged ideologes who will die on any given hill verses reflect on their lives.

Thing is, most people don't know when they are far...most think they are just left or right...but otherwise pretty in the middle of that side....basically they rarely know how crazy they are.

The key to what, the status quo?

Can you folks still debate issues and skip the lables for a second?

Debating issues is good. Normally if you have a view of a issue that a side doesn't like, you are given a label by them...snowflake, libtard, nazi, trumpette, etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join