It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions announces new 'Religious Liberty Task Force' at Department of Justice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Actually, if you believe that the First Amendment has anything to do with "protecting the Church" you have zero understanding of what it means.

Neither churches nor anyone else has the freedom to "run as they wish" ... they have the right to exercise their religion.

I am and have always been against including the trappings of religion in any State-related activity. However, a President-Elect has the right to swear their Oath of Office on whatever item they feel is appropriate; all Presidents to date have been professed Christians - what they swear on is up to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Lol, want to form a malitia?

And I'm being watched now haha. J/k, I'd probably get funding.

I do. I want to freedom some people in their center mass.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
All Americans do indeed deserve to have their Constitutional rights protected equally.

Anyone who says differently is a traitor to this country and to our Constitution.

That is true, but our rights are already protected through the constitution.

What Sessions is talking about it completely unnecessary and serves no purpose, except to appeal to those that fall for the propaganda line that their religious liberties are under threat.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

I guess we can chalk it up to "it's complicated"? That would be the only way to describe it

My money still says in God we trust.
So yeah, its complicated

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree completely.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I guess we can chalk it up to "it's complicated"? That would be the only way to describe it

So yeah, its complicated

Yea, and even most of the unaffiliated are fine with keeping traditions in the sake of preservation.

But we don't need useless political power moves. If anything it will just stir #### up.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

So yeah, its complicated

Not complicated at all.

That motto was adopted in the 1950s as a political stunt ... much like the Sessions "task force."

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

So yeah, its complicated

Allah, Kali, Jehova, Jesus Christ or Satan? They didn't specify the term, did they?

Devious Masons.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This whole thing makes me very inquisitive.

And unexpected?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Allah, Kali, Jehova, Jesus Christ or Satan? They didn't specify the term, did they?

Devious Masons.

Actually, that motto was lobbied for by our arch-rivals, the Knights of Columbus.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

... aaand /thread.

link   

Devious Masons.

Actually, that motto was lobbied for by our arch-rivals, the Knights of Columbus.

It's always the Catholics....

Always.

link   

originally posted by: Abysha
And unexpected?

No. Jeff Sessions is as predictable as DB farting after eating Mexican food.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Devious Masons.

Haha, not the silly hat shriners?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Haha, not the silly hat shriners?

Nope, the Pope-loving mackerel snappers.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

43 out of 45 presidents to serve this land, including the current, Trump, are self proclaimed Christians.

It's kind of ironic that the two presidents that were not professed Christians were two of the most notable in the nation's history.

Thomas Jefferson was a Deist. And Abraham Lincoln was unaffiliated.

-dex

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

-dex

Someone should carve their likenesses on a mountain.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: Southern Guardian

43 out of 45 presidents to serve this land, including the current, Trump, are self proclaimed Christians.

It's kind of ironic that the two presidents that were not professed Christians were two of the most notable in the nation's history.

-dex

There's something to be said about someone with a moral compass without fear of damnation.

They just feel compelled to be good without reward or punishment. Nobility at its finest IMO.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

As far as I can tell, sessions is trying to do the same, make sure churches have freedom to run as they wish. All churches. Not just Christian.

Thats the thing, what freedoms are they missing now?

edit on 43731America/ChicagoTue, 31 Jul 2018 08:43:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Is this just more appeasement for the evangelical voting base?

Yes. Pure pandering. Especially given that Trump and Co. have nothing but disdain for said voting base. ALL they care about is the power provided.

Or maybe the Administration has spotted some grievous injustices committed against Christians in the country?

There seems to be a resurgence of the old attitude that if someone (evangelicals in this case) is not allowed to oppress/suppress "the enemy" (anybody the evangelicals don't like), then they themselves are being oppressed. Jesus would be spinning in his grave if he were still in it. Just can't get much farther away from His teachings than what is currently being demonstrated by the evangelical community.*

* That is a generalization. Clearly, not ALL evangelicals feel this way, and not everybody that feels this way is an evangelical. But it does seem to be the predominant trend at the moment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join