It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tame Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As I wonder through this life, on the way to what I hope is another destination, I am forced to reckon with the one I have now, here, on Earth. This tiny insignificant rock that has the audacity to think it could be the only planet in the entire Universe that is inhabited by intelligent life, only, every where I look, so many insist on showing a lack of intelligence.

What is deemed important is ridiculous to me, instead of the masses doing what they can to help each other, they spend every waking moment consumed by greed, a monetary and class system, steeped in manure, where all we are is what we own.

I know there are those out there that agree with me. Shouldn't we be doing more to help those in need? Should there be a single person on this planet that is hungry? Homeless? Without basic necessities? The wealthy get wealthier and the poor get poorer, does that seem just? All these religious organizations that take donations, governments that tax us, spending trillions of dollars to go to Mars, why isn't there more being done to help those that really need help?

How can you look at yourself in the mirror everyday with a smile on your face when the entire world is in decay.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Basically you're mad at the human race.

But..

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

With all due respect, your path in life is your choice.

You can surround yourself with people with similar objectives and you will see that there are many people trying to do good.

While there is no shortage of people with bad intentions, the inverse is certainly true. I particularly don't see the benefit of worrying about other peoples intentions, you and I cannot control them.

I feel like just throwing your hands up in the air and giving up because "everyone is ignorant and selfish" is just a cop out.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

With all due respect, your path in life is your choice.

You can surround yourself with people with similar objectives and you will see that there are many people trying to do good.

While there is no shortage of people with bad intentions, the inverse is certainly true. I particularly don't see the benefit of worrying about other peoples intentions, you and I cannot control them.

I feel like just throwing your hands up in the air and giving up because "everyone is ignorant and selfish" is just a cop out.

Ummm...wow...sage advise from the Critical Stinker...

I might also add that your life...(OP’s)...is exactly as you’ve chosen it to be...
If it sucks...that’s because you chose the suckage...if it’s a wonder filled life...that too is due to choices you’ve made...

I get the whole humanity sucks bit...I really do...perhaps instead of just ranting about it...you make an effort to make your little corner of this world better...

I think any answer is to be found in conglomerates of those little bettered corners and their inertia...

Who knows...I was wrong at least once before...It just strikes me that if individually we interact in away that exemplifies how we wish to be treated ourselves...then maybe there’s the answer you seek...OP...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

...instead of the masses doing what they can to help each other, they spend every waking moment consumed by greed, a monetary and class system, steeped in manure, where all we are is what we own.

I disagree. I think the masses are doing what they can to survive in this craptastic mess that a few created, and many are helping their families and friends and neighbors every day. It's not the masses that are the problem. The masses can work their little patooties off and give away everything they have, and it still won't be enough to stop homelessness and unemployment and hunger and health issues and every other ill that ails us.

Yes, there are many who like this rat race. Who like feeling better than others because they have more things and more zeros on their bank statements. But even they aren't making the decisions creating this mess. They're just benefiting from it... for now.

"Should" is a very judgmental word. You and I really don't know what or how much others are doing as individuals for their neighbors. And I'm not of the mind that we should judge our neighbors anyhow. But when it comes to government and the critters making the laws, then yes, we must judge and we must demand better.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If you feel you need to do more to help others then you should do that, however, you don’t get to define what this journey is to other people. One can only be responsible for themselves in this lifetime and whether they want to help others, pursue achievements or simply be happy isn’t up to you.

Allow others the freedom to make of this journey what they will and stop judging others and society. You don’t have the right to dictate to others what this journey means to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

As I wonder through this life, on the way to what I hope is another destination, I am forced to reckon with the one I have now, here, on Earth. This tiny insignificant rock that has the audacity to think it could be the only planet in the entire Universe that is inhabited by intelligent life, only, every where I look, so many insist on showing a lack of intelligence.

What is deemed important is ridiculous to me, instead of the masses doing what they can to help each other, they spend every waking moment consumed by greed, a monetary and class system, steeped in manure, where all we are is what we own.

I know there are those out there that agree with me. Shouldn't we be doing more to help those in need? Should there be a single person on this planet that is hungry? Homeless? Without basic necessities? The wealthy get wealthier and the poor get poorer, does that seem just? All these religious organizations that take donations, governments that tax us, spending trillions of dollars to go to Mars, why isn't there more being done to help those that really need help?

How can you look at yourself in the mirror everyday with a smile on your face when the entire world is in decay.

I agree with a lot of what you said.

How do I look at myself with a smile every day? I hardly do.

I have tried to compensate for my sadness, disappointment, lack of feeling of any success or meaning by offering a spot in my home to friends who were in no hurry to grow up, or fell on hard times, or needed somewhere safe to stay...... and to be honest not a single one of them left my house and made anything more of their situation than before they came to me. It's even more depressing feeling like the help I am able to offer is just given in vain.

It's like when you see the homeless girl on the corner, and she is thing and wasting away.... and you've got an extra 20 and you just want her to be safely comfortable for the night, get some food, a drink, etc... but you know it'll probably be used on things that SHE finds comfort in like heroin, or meth, or alcohol.... but you give it to her anyways because you want to have faith in people.

I hate people. But I love people too. Life is rough man.

I just keep hoping like you do, that this isn't the end destination, and that if there is somewhere after all this on earth, that it's at the least better.

Anyways, my nonstop frustration with everything in life is causing me to ramble now.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

You have to love yourself before you can love others.

I hope you guys will stop being so hard on yourselves. I doubt humans are supposed to be perfect and to love ourselves with all our flaws is a good first step on any journey. “The World” isn’t your responsibility. You shouldn’t carry that weight.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And you're posting this from the local Library, right? Because you had nothing better to do, and no particular place to go.

Right?

OR...are you posting this from the comforts of your home, or work place...or from your $900 X Phone?

Pot, meet kettle!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Just to be devils advocate here..... It's great to have a eutopic view on planet earth how we should all be dancing merrily in a meadow filled with flowers with unlimited food, drink and love.. but doesn't work that way does it, never has and never will. It's nothing to do with greed in fact the way I see it humanity right now is more philanthropic then it has ever been! especially to other nations with the amount of money spent of foreign aid.

Not just that but think we are currently using the resources of 2.5 Earths (no idea how they work that out) but lets just say we feed everyone, immunise everyone.. extend their life how would this effect the rest of the planet not just in resources but pollution etc. Saving everyone could actually in the end kill us all. Nature has a habit throughout all species of killing off any species that grows out of control.

So of course as a human being I would love to see suffering end.. but on a realistic note I am totally for keeping our species numbers as low as possible through our own deaths.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Rinse and repeat, it seems today I was ready to write another Rant and guess what, it feels like I could just write the same thing again.

top topics

join