It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 states take aim at 3D gun company, sue to get files off the Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
They already won the federal lawsuit.

20 states acting like sore losers harassing a private citizen exercising his first amendment right.

thehill.com...

President Trump said Tuesday that he is "looking into" 3D plastic guns, adding that he had spoken to the National Rifle Association (NRA) about them. "I am looking into 3-D Plastic Guns being sold to the public," he tweeted. "Already spoke to NRA, doesn’t seem to make much sense!"

"why can't we just take the guns without due process"

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: rickymouse
We should not allow 3D guns instructions to be released. 3D guns are not good for society, I would stick with the serial number system we now are using to track guns in this country. A kid could print a gun without his parents knowledge and use it to shoot a kid he does not like. Bad news, I think some of our gun laws are a little too loose already but do not support someone who wants to restrict our regular gun ownership by people who are not a problem. Precedence is an evil thing that is abused.

3D guns are a new thing, they can be banned. We do not need them. I would tend to believe having an untraceable gun is a bad thing.

just wondering ... what stops kids from shooting eatchother now is the hardware store off limits and no kid ever has acsess to a lighter did we remove every rock and pipe from earth and no one told me maby we should ask how kids got the ammo not what way they made saied ammo go off since last i checked you have to be of age to buy ammo

you can ban them all u want but just like the zip gun its just to easy its not making drugs you could make one in shop class at school its just a device that strikes a cartrage not complex

If your parents have guns, they usually lock them up these days, but the ammo is stored in ammo boxes or cabinets.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Nice political troll.

Trying beginning in 1934 with the National Firearms Act, The Gun Control Act of 1968, Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993,the Assault Weapons ban in 1994

I really love the Brady piece of snip. The first time in this countries entire history we had to ask permission to practice a right.

Take the guns, and entirely ignoring due process. Trump haters were doing that for decades.
edit on 31-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: DexterRiley

Giving all sides access to this is not actually making it fair or safeguarding the right to bare arm's that the American's so faithfully protect.
Instead it is simply making anarchy more likely, gun's that can be disguised as kid's toy's, made metal detector invisible etc are nothing new and there is or was even a Swiss company which produced a ceramic weapon designed for body guard OR assassin concealment and of course that is only the commercial weapon's.

This however can be made by an idiot with a 3D plastic printer, any idiot.
This however can be used to arm terrorists with weapon's they can smuggle anywhere.

It is however FAR too late to not let the cat out of the bag, even at the ISP level this will always be somewhere on the net and those whom know what to look for will find it just like the anarchist cookbook.

Even nations like mine Britain with our anti terrorism legislation and holding ISP's to account while trying to block these from our available internet can not stop these thing's and in fact all the legislation and attempt's to block it all is merely to create a few more hoops to jump through that those whom are intent upon finding this can then most likely find some way to circumvent.

I personally would NEVER allow this to get out into the world but my opinion is purely academic and if not his it was destined to be invented and released somewhere by someone.

At least in this case it is NOT infallible as it still requires standard ammunition unlike that aforementioned compressed gas ceramic gun but how long before someone reverse engineer's that and makes online compressed gas weapon's, not long I would wager.

Sad subject and sad for the world, I do hope that student know's that he has blood on his hand's for what he did, of course if not him it would merely have been someone else.

Human's excel at two thing's, good and evil, this is actually evil.

Owning a gun for self defense is NOT evil, no more than owning a sword but without licensing, registration and making an untraceable weapon you can print off in your own home that can then be used for criminal activity's, is not registered or licensed well that is just asking for trouble.

Umm Firing pins and ammo are still made with metal and springs and can be detected by scanners. They arent sneaking these onto airplanes any time soon if the TSA does their jobs. You are fear mongering when you say stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

not necessarily

there are plans available to print ammo and pins too

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

We should not allow 3D guns instructions to be released. 3D guns are not good for society, I would stick with the serial number system we now are using to track guns in this country. A kid could print a gun without his parents knowledge and use it to shoot a kid he does not like. Bad news, I think some of our gun laws are a little too loose already but do not support someone who wants to restrict our regular gun ownership by people who are not a problem. Precedence is an evil thing that is abused.

3D guns are a new thing, they can be banned. We do not need them. I would tend to believe having an untraceable gun is a bad thing.

just wondering ... what stops kids from shooting eatchother now is the hardware store off limits and no kid ever has acsess to a lighter did we remove every rock and pipe from earth and no one told me maby we should ask how kids got the ammo not what way they made saied ammo go off since last i checked you have to be of age to buy ammo

you can ban them all u want but just like the zip gun its just to easy its not making drugs you could make one in shop class at school its just a device that strikes a cartrage not complex

If your parents have guns, they usually lock them up these days, but the ammo is stored in ammo boxes or cabinets.

Ammo boxes and cabinets can be locked too. I lock mine.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You realize there's easy ways around serial numbers right?

3D guns are a new thing, but homemade guns are not. Wanna know why nobody uses them? They're unreliable and dangerous to the user, just as these plastic 3D guns are. Criminals will overwhelmingly still want to get their hands on a real gun. That includes mass shooters. They want to create as many casualties as possible, and they tend to do lots of research. Their research is quickly going to lead them to the information that a 3D printed gun isn't the way to go. And they're not concerned about traceability.

I am not even interested in shooting a gun like that. I like guns that are well machined and accurate. I do not buy cheap quality guns because they often are not accurate and they can have problems with jamming.

You're making my point for me. A lot of criminals think the same way. They don't want to make their own gun because they know the quality will be junk. They'd rather acquire a real gun through illegal means, like straw purchases or theft. They won't be 3D printing these pieces of junk..

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: howtonhawky

Nice political troll.

Trying beginning in 1934 with the National Firearms Act, The Gun Control Act of 1968, Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993,the Assault Weapons ban in 1994

I really love the Brady piece of snip. The first time in this countries entire history we had to ask permission to practice a right.

Take the guns, and entirely ignoring due process. Trump haters were doing that for decades.

Na not a troll...Just some perspective for the thread and i figured you would appreciate it the mostest.

atf

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have heard about this and the following can be stated:

With all of the shootings, with the division on the gun debate, to have out there the capacity for someone, anyone to make their own firearms, any type that they want to make?

Is it a good idea to have a firearm that can not be so easily detected, that can be brought onto an airplane, or into a heavily secured area?

I do not think it would be such a good idea at this time frame, until such is gotten under control and its direction is determined, before adding something into the mix, where now in addition that people who are banned from having a firearm, now can get the equipment and print one off, that is both untraceable but also undetectable.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

not necessarily

You know why these things are currently made out of metal right?

This is what happens when people who don't know anything about guns try to enter into conversations about guns.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

3D guns are a new thing, but homemade guns are not. Wanna know why nobody uses them? They're unreliable and dangerous to the user, just as these plastic 3D guns are. Criminals will overwhelmingly still want to get their hands on a real gun. That includes mass shooters. They want to create as many casualties as possible, and they tend to do lots of research. Their research is quickly going to lead them to the information that a 3D printed gun isn't the way to go. And they're not concerned about traceability.

I am not even interested in shooting a gun like that. I like guns that are well machined and accurate. I do not buy cheap quality guns because they often are not accurate and they can have problems with jamming.

You're making my point for me. A lot of criminals think the same way. They don't want to make their own gun because they know the quality will be junk. They'd rather acquire a real gun through illegal means, like straw purchases or theft. They won't be 3D printing these pieces of junk..

But a fifteen year old kid would really want to print one and try it to see if it works. It doesn't have to be intentional for someone fifteen to have an accident with one. I was trained from a young age to be responsible with a gun. Many people are not trained about responsibility.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

not necessarily

This is what happens when people who don't know anything about guns try to enter into conversations about guns.

LOL

What happens when someone like you believes and post a insinuation that is a lie?

The plans do indeed exist and while your post was meant to be derogatory you do raise a valid point that the printed bullets and pins are not recommended reusable.
It does not take much force to fire a primer or contain a blast but repeated use does require metal.

The code and tech. exist for a completely plastic gun and bullet that is in no way detectable and that is exactly why people smarter than you are raising concerns and will indeed win the court cases because of national security trumps freedom in this day and age.

Just more proof that the patriot act and its cousins are unconstitutional.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

But a fifteen year old kid would really want to print one and try it to see if it works. It doesn't have to be intentional for someone fifteen to have an accident with one. I was trained from a young age to be responsible with a gun. Many people are not trained about responsibility.

Kids will do a lot of dumb things without proper supervision. No amount of laws will fix this. There's videos all over social media right now of kids setting themselves on fire trying to be cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

not necessarily

LOL

What happens when someone like you believes and post a insinuation that is a lie?

The plans do indeed exist and while your post was meant to be derogatory you do raise a valid point that the printed bullets and pins are not recommended reusable.
It does not take much force to fire a primer or contain a blast but repeated use does require metal.

The code and tech. exist for a completely plastic gun and bullet that is in no way detectable and that is exactly why people smarter than you are raising concerns and will indeed win the court cases because of national security trumps freedom in this day and age.

Just more proof that the patriot act and its cousins are unconstitutional.

There already exist ways to make a completely plastic gun. Why do you think no one uses them for crime and terrorism?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

i could only speculate...

even the ones with metal parts can pass some detectors... true story

i would imagine many crimes have happened with plastics that we have not kept up with the reporting.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

i could only speculate...

even the ones with metal parts can pass some detectors... true story

i would imagine many crimes have happened with plastics that we have not kept up with the reporting.

Yeah because the gun-control-obsessed media wouldn't be all over those stories if they existed? Give me a break.

I'll help you out. They aren't used because they're not reliable.

This is just another gun controller's fantasy. Just like the "ghost gun" story on 60 minutes where they made it sound like any Joe Schmo could order a kit and build a gun in their kitchen, but for the story they had to send it to a machinist and have him build it. Would've been a lot more effective if they built it themselves in the studio to show us how easy it was, except it's not as easy as they wanted to trick you into thinking. The same trick is being used here. It's not as simple as download the plans, get a cheap 3D printer and you have a gun.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

And just exactly what makes you think that springs and firing pin's have to be metal?.
www.leespring.com...
Polymer and ceramic spring's and materials suitable for firing pin's already exist.
Then a spring and firing pin are not even necessary if they go the compressed gas or air route though they tend to be very low caliber and short range like the ceramic assassin/bodyguard pistol.
Now you have an act IF it is an enforceable law in the states already which should in theory make possessing such a completely non ferrous firearm an arrest-able and prosecute-able offence under your federal law's which unless I misunderstand your legal system actually trump your state law's.
en.wikipedia.org...
And of course since your NRA are funded mostly by weapon's peddlers who will not make any profit from these 3d printed weapon's it may actually be made slightly more stringent in the future but who know's, the real damage is not going to be stateside though but in other nation's were gun law's are often much tighter.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Hey look the horses got out... better go close the barn door.

What a waste of tax payer money..

Honestly, this is my thought exactly.

I'm not thrilled with the idea that just anyone could "print" a gun. But that genie is already out of the bottle, and it isn't going back in.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Kids will do a lot of dumb things without proper supervision. No amount of laws will fix this. There's videos all over social media right now of kids setting themselves on fire trying to be cool.

Yeah. My granddaughter ran the cinnamon challenge and she wound up with breathing problems from sucking down a tablespoon of cinnamon. They had the nutmeg challenge too, good thing she did not do that one. Common spices are not harmless, they alter chemistry in the body if eaten in high quantity.

I wonder how many people were hurt by dumping water full of ice cubes on them so videos could be made. A five gallon bucket full of ice and water could cause a neck injury if it was somehow dropped on a head. Of course, the medical industry loves the business. It is not only kids that are stupid, adults are doing all this stuff without thinking too.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah. My granddaughter ran the cinnamon challenge and she wound up with breathing problems from sucking down a tablespoon of cinnamon. They had the nutmeg challenge too, good thing she did not do that one. Common spices are not harmless, they alter chemistry in the body if eaten in high quantity.

I wonder how many people were hurt by dumping water full of ice cubes on them so videos could be made. A five gallon bucket full of ice and water could cause a neck injury if it was somehow dropped on a head. Of course, the medical industry loves the business. It is not only kids that are stupid, adults are doing all this stuff without thinking too.

Case in point? As long as we have stupid people, people will get hurt and killed. And these stupid people are really smart when it comes to finding their way around laws.

As I keep saying, there's already a way to make homemade guns. This changes nothing. They still will not be the weapon of choice for criminals or mass shooters. There are better options available.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join