It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is willing to talk to Iran's leader without preconditions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
"DEATH TO AMERICA!" - Ayatollah Proverb

^Two months ago.

May the light guide Trump and America to victory with peace or war.
edit on 31-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Iranian politicians are robots. They burn flags because that's what they have been told to do, and if they value their jobs then they'll do it with enthusiasm!

I am interested in Trumps approach. He's certainly put the old approach to diplomacy in the bin - this is where people are rewarded for their bad behaviour i.e. paying Iran not to develop nukes. I cannot imagine the EU (Germans and France in this instance) are too happy by a meeting that will exclude them, but then all they have done over the last two months is whine-on about the US pulling the plug on the Iran deal.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Good point.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: WarPig1939

Iranian politicians are robots. They burn flags because that's what they have been told to do, and if they value their jobs then they'll do it with enthusiasm!

I am interested in Trumps approach. He's certainly put the old approach to diplomacy in the bin - this is where people are rewarded for their bad behaviour i.e. paying Iran not to develop nukes. I cannot imagine the EU (Germans and France in this instance) are too happy by a meeting that will exclude them, but then all they have done over the last two months is whine-on about the US pulling the plug on the Iran deal.

We will see if Donald brings home anything better. I do not think so. It will be a lot of words like "great", "greatest", "best", and then.. nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Paying them to be good people

At least obama "payed" them with their OWN money.

Don't believe the lie that obama gave our tax money to iran.

The money iran got was frozen assets that had been seized by the united states.

So all obama did was give them back their own money and force them to allow inspectors in.

America lost nothing in that deal. And trump knows it. So I wouldn't be surprised if he started the deal back up in order to get our inspectors back in.

It would actually be a good thing if he did because right now we have no idea what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Iran's position should be simple. "Stay out of our business and we'll stay out of yours."

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky There was a day when it would be great news when a president would have dialect with the leaders of Russia and Iran. It's kind of ironic, those that promote globalism are the ones that really criticize the president for doing this.

edit on 31-7-2018 by pointessa because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, yes, I already told you about it. lol pre-conditions.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

America lost nothing in that deal.

America also did not gain anything.

It would actually be a good thing if he did because right now we have no idea what they are doing

Trump is trying to set up for a new negotiation so that America might gain something in the new deal.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The President has offered to speak with Iran’s leader, without precondition.

The following can be stated:

The history between Iran and the United States has not been rocky and had ended in disaster. The current government of Iran is a direct result of policies of the United States of America. Where the USA removed the popular and lawfully elected prime minister, and gave power to what should have been a figure head. And make no mistake the Shah was a tyrant, who ruled with an iron fist. The USA propped up this man and kept him in power, until he had to leave for medical reasons and then the revolutionaries took control over the country. The US protected the tyrant, from any sort of trial, even refusing to deal with the new government. This allowed for the Ayatollah Khomeini, to come in, and he was set up as the head of the religious authority of the country. Then they raided the USA embassy, and more secrets came out about what the USA was doing in Iran. If the Iranians were upset before, the revelation of what all the USA was doing, made them livid.

The US and Iran had not talked much since the freeing of the hostages, the US froze all of the Iranian assets it held, and that has been a sticking point for years. Yes there has been sanctions, but to what end? Iran has continued to progress scientifically, pushing beyond what the sanctions should have been able to stop and ultimately exceeding most expectations. Even launching its first satellite into orbit around the world, while some of the advances have been slowed, but it is steady. And like most things, it has maintained and kept very close allies, to where they have been going around all of the sanctions, even protecting it in the UN.

The one thing that kept Iran at the table, to allow for further talks, Trump backed out of. So why would Iran want to return to the table? This treaty was not just between the US and Iran, but it also included the following countries and groups: China, France, Germany, the EU, Russia, and the United Kingdom. Those countries also were part of the formation, creation and signing of that treaty, with vested interest in that this succeed.

Right now all of the indications that they are not going to want to return or talk with the US, unless Trump reinstates the US back into that treaty and abides by it. And if Trump does not, then they are not going to want to talk to the US or Trump. And from all indications, that if Iran continues to abide by the terms of the treaty, then all of the signers, with the exception of the US, will drop the sanctions on that country, with each milestone being brought with an easing of the sanctions and normalizing of diplomatic relations.

So what could Trump offer, that the rest of the countries could not, apart from unfreezing of the Iranian assets, and returning it to them?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

No you didn't. I told you. So, pre-conditions then? Trump lied? Trump had to be reigned in by the grown ups in the White House?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
he's colluding with iran to overthrow the 2018 election

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: highvein

No you didn't. I told you. So, pre-conditions then? Trump lied? Trump had to be reigned in by the grown ups in the White House?

Read my earlier post 3 to 5 more times. I explained this to you. I can't understand it for you also. Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't need you to explain anything to me. Trump said he would meet with Iranian leaders without any pre-conditions, then, Pompeo put down impossible pre-conditions.

Anyway, your whole point is moot, because the Iranians turned down any meeting with Trump in the near future.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It is okay not to understand what I said, with schools being what they are and all.

Anyway, your whole point is moot, because the Iranians turned down any meeting with Trump in the near future.

Then that would make you stance moot also. Look like McCain may have been a prophet. Bomb, bomb, bomb..bomb, bomb Iran.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Then that would make you stance moot also

Nope. My stance is that Trump said he's meet with Iranian leaders without any pre-conditions, but Pompeo overrode Trump and put down pre-conditions. Trump needs baby sitters.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't need you to explain anything to me. Trump said he would meet with Iranian leaders without any pre-conditions, then, Pompeo put down impossible pre-conditions.

Pompeo as well as others work for TRUMP. He is the boss and president. What he says after digging in his heals is the way it will/shall be. The war machine is not and will not like anything that smells of peace just like MSN and CNN does not like anything Trump might do for the betterment of the country.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Why would he do that?

He backtracks on that, what's been accomplished?

At the moment, Iran thinks it's looking down a barrel of a gun aimed right at them. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. If I'm the leader of a nation of millions, and I'm staring at, possibly, a war I can not win, and will leave my nation as a heap of rubble...I think I might just sit down and talk. Hopefully, Iran will see the reality of the situation.

Or...I call his bluff, and pray to Allah, that my two pair beats his straight flush. It doesn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

^Two months ago.

May the light guide Trump and America to victory with peace or war.

Does the few crazies in charge represent 80 million?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

At the moment, Iran thinks it's looking down a barrel of a gun aimed right at them. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. If I'm the leader of a nation of millions, and I'm staring at, possibly, a war I can not win, and will leave my nation as a heap of rubble...I think I might just sit down and talk. Hopefully, Iran will see the reality of the situation.

Or...I call his bluff, and pray to Allah, that my two pair beats his straight flush. It doesn't.

Maybe, I hope they see an increase in money while keeping control, or they might just want to go full fitna on us..who knows, BUT there is 80 million there and i'm sure most do not want that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join