It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Object Caught Emerging From Cloud On Buffalo NY's SkyWatch 7 News Camera

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That object could have been tiny and 2 inches from the camera.

Please explain your reasoning for thinking it is large and far away.

I agree we don't know how high/how far the object is. I was first thinking it could have been a bug close to the camera. However, considering it was a time-lapse video, it was moving too slowly to be an insect. It took about 4 minutes of real time to pass.

BTW, whatever it was -- possibly a drone -- it didn't necessarily come "out of the clouds". It could have, but not necessarily. It might have been below the clouds, and only became visible to the video when we first saw it.

edit on 30/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Very naughty weather lady....time lapse pictures, allowing a fast replay....star shows a few degrees of movement in that time....so object not quick at all. She should have expanded on that.

link   

edit on 30-7-2018 by smurfy because: Ffff.

link   

edit on 30-7-2018 by smurfy because: Ffffff

link   

edit on 30-7-2018 by smurfy because: Ffffff

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Very naughty weather lady....time lapse pictures, allowing a fast replay....star shows a few degrees of movement in that time....so object not quick at all. She should have expanded on that.

I know she said "watch what happens, because it moves quick", but I think she meant pay attention because it moves quickly on the time-lapse, not that it was moving quickly in real time.

And yeah -- It actually takes 4 or 5 minutes of real time to pass.

edit on 30/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

In one corner it says timelapse the other has the clock look at the start of the video when they play it fast forward all the info is there if people actually look for it.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

...on a fairly clear night (that's evident around the few thin clouds) with no bad weather seen on the camera? Your theory on turbulence is weak. In addition, this object was caught on time lapse, so it's moving much too slow to be any kind of plane.

edit on 7/30/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Agreed, but the luminous light is moving much to slow to be an aircraft of any sort. Check out the speed of the cars in the lower right part of the video. This was caught on time lapsed footage. Also, this object travels right above the camera, so any landing and nav lights would of been captured on video. It's just an oval looking, luminous object, not any kind of plane. Another thing I'd like to add, is this camera appears to be a HD camera and many distant objects (like the star that was caught and distant city lights) seem to be in focus. With the weather being so fair and clear, any type of luminous object, would've been caught on time lapse entering the cloud from either below it, or behind it. We see no such thing. I think this was some sort of drone at first, but I'm not sure why it wasn't caught BEFORE emerging from the cloud. WEIRD.

edit on 7/30/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

It was time lapse video it says so right on the screen

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Your theory on turbulence is weak.

Huh?

I made no such theory.

a simple suggestion to answer why the footage shows what is perceived as a change in altitude.

In addition, this object was caught on time lapse, so it's moving much too slow to be any kind of plane.

How slow?

please do tell, how many are claiming its too fast or too slow yet none show how they worked out the speed.

It seems to fit with the time laps video,

In addition, this object was caught on time lapse, so it's moving much too slow to be any kind of plane.

did you work it out?

It fits to what an incoming plane would look like if it was shown at normal speed, sped up it shows a speck of light then it gets closer, closer and its gone.

so any landing and nav lights would of been captured on video.

Its images being taken is it not and not video?

This is what a time lapse video is is it not?

Images taken then put in video form or a giff to show motion

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Huh? I never implied that the object was large, that was near, or far. So, why are you putting words in my post that aren't there?

Time lapsed footage shows an unknown object appear out of a cloud and move past the camera.

Balloon? Chinese Lantern? Drone? Orb? You decide.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You said

but the luminous light is moving much to slow to be an aircraft of any sort.

and

this object travels right above the camera

and

I think this was some sort of drone at first

You are saying it is slow, right above the camera, and at least as large as a drone.
So I am asking how you calculated any of this?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

MYSTERY SOLVED? I'll go out on a limb and say that this object, is more than likely A PLANE that just took off from an airport. I did some research and found that the Niagara Falls International Airport is north east of WKBW's SkyWatch 7 camera, which is mounted on their building.

After watching the two video clips below, I'll admit that I was wrong and say that the object caught on video, is more than likely, a plane.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

See my latest post, where I claim that the object is more likely a plane. Do you agree, or do you still think it's a smaller, closer object? When I see strong evidence, I'll admit I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

or do you still think it's a smaller, closer object?

I only said it could be. That there was no way to know from the video how big , fast , or close it was.

See my latest post, where I claim that the object is more likely a plane.

Well I could never say for sure what that thing was of course but yes I agree after seeing your post that it was probably a plane.

Good job on this thread . Going were the data leads is what ats is all about. S&F

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thanks so much. I love civil discussion on ATS and how we can come together to analyze and debunk photos and videos of unknown objects. I'm still hunting for the Holy Grail picture or video clip, that shows irrefutable evidence of an alien craft visiting our planet....maybe one day!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maintained altitude while getting vectors inbound.........5 thousand prolly

Idk
edit on 30-7-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I live in the area. The camera is looking due west. Planes approaching the buffalo airport come in from the north or south depending on the wind. It's doubtful that it is from the falls airport as their runways are oriented to the northwest or southeast again depending on the wind approach would be from one of those directions. The star is Venus as the sun is setting,

If that is a plane it is way outside the normal flightpath for aircraft approaching or even flying over either of the local airports.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I once saw a star in the sky above my parents farm. Well...that bright "star" that was sitting in the same place all night started moving at around 530am in a sine-wave type motion....it went up and over the top of my head and off into the distance. No noise. Not blinking. I # you not, it was bright and I thought it was a star or a planet all night long...i was outside irrigating berries all night so they wouldn't freeze....you tend to get bored and look at the sky when you work outside at night. The light in the video is similar in size, and you can catch it moving in a sine-wave motion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join