It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUEL shortages trigger riots in three Kurdish towns in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Tehran, Feb. 21 – Heavy clashes between Iranian Kurds and security agents erupted on Friday in three towns in western Iran, leaving dozens injured and hundreds arrested.

Clashes broke out after State Security Forces agents used force to disperse demonstrations taking place simultaneously in the towns of Sardasht, Saqqez, and Baneh in protest against severe fuel shortages in the area, eye-witnesses reported.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Let's see, the country swims in oil, but they can't get a few drops to Kurdish towns, looks like a discouragement policy to keep those towns from expanding/flourishing, but this time they might have overplayed their hand...

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

FUEL shortages trigger riots in three Kurdish towns in Iran

Cool! Let's hope they all kill each other, and then that's one less country in the middle east we need to worry about!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Cool! Let's hope they all kill each other, and then that's one less country in the middle east we need to worry about!

You know I used to love it when these idiotic statements were shunned upon and punished on these forums. If that is your true opinion on the matter, I feel bad for you as a human being, and pray the Lord will show you that this line of thinking is not very productive, especially for your soul.

Why is it that Kurds seem to get repressed in certain areas anyways? Sadaam didn't like them, the Turks would risk war for a Kurdish state on their borders, and Iran cannot provide them with sufficient fuel despite holding some of the largest reserves of oil and natural gas?

What exactly makes a Kurd a Kurd anyways? Are they in any way related to Jews? Because it looks like to me that they get pretty similar treatment by certain arab peoples.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Zabilgy was just being sarcastic.

Kurds are not Arabs. More like white people of central Asia.

new topics

top topics

join