It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China gifts Sri Lanka a warship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
China has gifted the Sri Lankan navy a warship in an effort to deepen ties. This is on top of the training and funding they are already giving them. After the US stopped because of human rights violations the Chicoms stepped in.

The frigate is a Type 054 which is a relatively new design (2005). Undoubtedly this one of the two models built before the switched to the 54A. While its not uncommon to large powers to give away weapons platforms, this one is pretty new. No doubt the Indian's will be having kittens. Next your going to see plans for a huge Chicom naval base there which will alter the game a bit.

colombogazette.com...
edit on 7/28/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
ahhh... and the build up continues. Expect plans for acompletion of the new port within two years.
edit on 7-28-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yup, this is how it begans, now that navy is in the s# and obligated to help their new Chinese overlords.

This isn't good and if they pull that off with a number of smaller nations like that, they'll have a nice little coalition effort of their own to bolster allies in the region.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
ahhh... and the build up continues. Expect plans for a new port within two years.
That just means we'll have to continue to deepen ties with India, being the worlds largest democracy, it's in our interest to help.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
Dude, I did not realize they already took control of a port in December and 15,000 acres of land around it.

Damn Pacific air is going to be difficult to navigate pretty soon without being painted by AA.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There is a YT channel called, "China Uncensored", pretty entertaining, but goes through a number of issues involving the Chinese.

Even before this election cycle, China has always been on my radar as our true test and number one enemy.

Yes, enemy and as much as I WISH it doesn't come to that, it will. This is the result of the human condition and once people UNDERSTAND that a power will always exist in this world, one shape or another, they will be more inclined to voice support.

Another thread detailed the Chinese through a counter intel perspective and its damn scary. Coupled with their recent development and handouts, it doesn't take a military planner to see that China is on the move.

Sure, it starts as sovereign protection, then it turns into an AOD.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

There is a YT channel called, "China Uncensored", pretty entertaining, but goes through a number of issues involving the Chinese.

Even before this election cycle, China has always been on my radar as our true test and number one enemy.

Yes, enemy and as much as I WISH it doesn't come to that, it will. This is the result of the human condition and once people UNDERSTAND that a power will always exist in this world, one shape or another, they will be more inclined to voice support.

Another thread detailed the Chinese through a counter intel perspective and its damn scary. Coupled with their recent development and handouts, it doesn't take a military planner to see that China is on the move.

They are not an enemy, they have every right to ally and match whatever anyone else does. America has deployed Thaad to South Korea, imagine the stink if China deployed a version of THaad in Mexico?

If no one is doing anything sinister then it doesn’t really matter unless it goes Kinetic and even then the USA and Allies are years ahead.

The reality is that no one has any interest in attacking China, plus military expansion probably pails into insignificance with the effect of monetary aid. No one is interested in attacking Sri Lanka, they have problems than needing a prototype Chinese war ship!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Well as a Brit, I'm a fan of Sri Lanka. They provide us with awesome shop keepers.

Surprisingly, that is a fine looking boat. ⛵

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Yup, this is how it begans, now that navy is in the s# and obligated to help their new Chinese overlords.

This isn't good and if they pull that off with a number of smaller nations like that, they'll have a nice little coalition effort of their own to bolster allies in the region.

It's only the same thing the US do. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I assume this is partly about rivalry with India, for the same reason China has had a long-standing relationship with Pakistan.
Obviously it also makes sense in terms of "keeping the seas open for China's economic needs and interests".

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I assume this is partly about rivalry with India, for the same reason China has had a long-standing relationship with Pakistan.

Yep. You've hit the nail on the head. China is attempting to contain and neutralise India. Not only does China have territorial disputes with India, they see India as a rival. We have the most populous democracy (India) being directly challenged by the most populace dictatorship (China).

Beware Sri Lanka. Some African nations who have taken Chinese "gifts" have discovered they are millstones to their own sovereignty and development.
edit on 29/7/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well as a Brit, I'm a fan of Sri Lanka. They provide us with awesome shop keepers.

Surprisingly, that is a fine looking boat. ⛵

they ned to sweep it for spying devices and sweep the computer systems with bleach bit.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What a complete load of rubbish! It seems you really want a war with China, that is what it comes down too.

I cannot stand people who say stuff like this while ignoring, or sweeping under the carpet the atrocaties the west has done, and is still doing!

So, with your conditioned and brainwashed eyes, it is ok for your country to do terrible things and get away with it because it is your country!

The real threat is the west!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

We have the most populous democracy (India) being directly challenged by the most populace dictatorship (China). 

lol China is not perfect, no country is, but have you been there? Have you travelled china? Or do you believe it is just like north korea?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Yep. You've hit the nail on the head. China is attempting to contain and neutralise India. Not only does China have territorial disputes with India, they see India as a rival. We have the most populous democracy (India) being directly challenged by the most populace dictatorship (China).

Beware Sri Lanka. Some African nations who have taken Chinese "gifts" have discovered they are millstones to their own sovereignty and development.
Interesting, I didn't think the Chinese would be so bold.

Then again, I really don't get that "sense of urgency" from India either, like they are slow moving, maybe too many social issues? Perhaps an event to "wake" the people and light the fire?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

What a complete load of rubbish! It seems you really want a war with China, that is what it comes down too.

I cannot stand people who say stuff like this while ignoring, or sweeping under the carpet the atrocaties the west has done, and is still doing!

So, with your conditioned and brainwashed eyes, it is ok for your country to do terrible things and get away with it because it is your country!

Nonsense, anybody with an eye in geopolitics sees the threats, their rise is the result of an eventual end to an American era.

I mean jesus christ, they just gave a small nation a warship, if anything, you're being conditioned and brainwashed by BS british media. As a matter of fact, you got your own damn issues and your nation may be calling China daddy soon, don't make me laugh.

Secondly, what "atrocities by the west" are you referring too? Typical foreigner BS, you probably think there are US death squads mowing people down in Africa and Slavic nations? Dude you're seriosuly ignorant if that is the case.

The real threat is you being misinformed and willfully dense should your nation call for arms, not my problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Nonsense, anybody with an eye in geopolitics sees the threats, their rise is the result of an eventual end to an American era.

I mean jesus christ, they just gave a small nation a warship, if anything, you're being conditioned and brainwashed by BS british media. As a matter of fact, you got your own damn issues and your nation may be calling China daddy soon, don't make me laugh.

Secondly, what "atrocities by the west" are you referring too? Typical foreigner BS, you probably think there are US death squads mowing people down in Africa and Slavic nations? Dude you're seriosuly ignorant if that is the case.

The real threat is you being misinformed and willfully dense should your nation call for arms, not my problem.

lol you have proven how clueless you are! Let's take Iraq, an invasion based on a lie. And how did that work out? Thousands of men, women and children dead! And we saw the rise of isis with the mess we left that country in.

Libya! Another ilegal invasion that left thousands dead and now a breeding ground for terrorists. The same terrorists we armed to overthrow Gadaffi.

What is ignorant is the fact that you sweep all this under the carpet. If that was Russia or china who done the exact same thing to Iraq and Libya, you would be on here calling them evil and responsible for the deaths of thousands of people.

I am from the UK, unlike you, I have no patrioism for my country, so you can say all you want about the UK.
edit on 29-7-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I am from the UK, unlike you, I have no patrioism for my country, so you can say all you want about the UK.

Ah, so you're just some random, clueless to the reality of life in this world. Its a dog eat dog world, suck it up buttercup.

The women and children blah blah blah, violence existed long before we got there. People like you are so clueless.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ah, so you're just some random, clueless to the reality of life in this world. Its a dog eat dog world, suck it up buttercup.

The women and children blah blah blah, violence existed long before we got there. People like you are so clueless.

What a weak response! You might not have the brain capacity to see every human being on this planet as individuals, but we all are. And yes, they all have feelings and personalities, not Just the people of your own country.

You most prob have never left your country, so know nothing about going to different countries. When you do this, then you realise that we are all the same, human beings, and it's the powers that be that condition and brainwash people like you.

You are a complete hypocrite!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
Yes I believe that India and America share common values with our society, and there is much we can learn from their past as well. India has animosity as well with Pakistan. China not only is their biggest supporter in the defense sector now, but is also arranging plans for additional naval port in Pakistan on the Pacific as well as selling Pakistan eight submarines splitting production between the two.

Lets also not forget the bad blood between the two most populous nations after the border skirmishes they have had in the last couple years which have cause Indian casualties and destruction of structures.

India has a nuclear weapons history that stretches back thousands of years, with tales of their deployment very accurately described in very ancient texts. I personally believe that India has the determination to go through with nukes as a result.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join