It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are just leggings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lab4Us

Oh, I don't know. There was a guy open carrying at the hardware store. It was holster on his belt. Small piece and very discreet. I almost didn't notice it.

I'm not sure what the trouble with something like that would be. Honestly, his gun was smaller than the average cop's. I did a small double-take when I finally noticed what it was, but then it didn't bother me anymore than a cop's gun does.

Guns don’t bother me in the least. Will just never understand the need to demonstrate to others that you have one, even if licensed, since that makes you an instant (and likely first) target should someone be anticipating engaging in criminal behavior. I carry a gun more often than not; don’t think everyone in my city needs to know it when I’m out and about. Then again, I see no point in drawing trouble to me.

And asshats like the OPs aggressor do nothing but provide anti-gunners ammunition for their misguided mission to deprive others of their constitutional rights.

My issue with Katsuko response is that it implies that I am against guns. And I am very much pro guns. I don’t carry mine on me also because of my job and my appearance on the weekends. So it stays in the holster on my driver seat. I do get nervous when someone starts saying really messed up things while in an environment where children could be present. That leads me to believe they may not be fit to be holding. I never show mine because that kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

You keep your gun out on the drivers seat then say others may not be fit?

I also like how you say you don't show yours but you leave it on the seat, lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Dp

edit on 28-7-2018 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Oh, I don't know. There was a guy open carrying at the hardware store. It was holster on his belt. Small piece and very discreet. I almost didn't notice it.

I'm not sure what the trouble with something like that would be. Honestly, his gun was smaller than the average cop's. I did a small double-take when I finally noticed what it was, but then it didn't bother me anymore than a cop's gun does.

Guns don’t bother me in the least. Will just never understand the need to demonstrate to others that you have one, even if licensed, since that makes you an instant (and likely first) target should someone be anticipating engaging in criminal behavior. I carry a gun more often than not; don’t think everyone in my city needs to know it when I’m out and about. Then again, I see no point in drawing trouble to me.

And asshats like the OPs aggressor do nothing but provide anti-gunners ammunition for their misguided mission to deprive others of their constitutional rights.

My issue with Katsuko response is that it implies that I am against guns. And I am very much pro guns. I don’t carry mine on me also because of my job and my appearance on the weekends. So it stays in the holster on my driver seat. I do get nervous when someone starts saying really messed up things while in an environment where children could be present. That leads me to believe they may not be fit to be holding. I never show mine because that kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

LOL I don’t just keep my weapon lying on the seat. That is stupid and very unsafe. I have a damn holster and I did mention that. Jesus man I am not stupid.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: FyreByrd

interesting take on your Black versus white opinion.
A lot of people think the same as you, Some science says otherwise.
as do the Bedouins, who know a thing or two about desert environments.
io9.gizmodo.com...

Thank you

My reason for leggings and not long johns in the summer is because the long johns while able to breathe can also hold your sweat longer and cause you heat up faster. The leggings are able to breath more and can keep you cool when it is hot. Depending on the material some do have some reflective properties. I figured most here knew this but that was an assumption. And we all know what that means.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dude black leggings will make you hotter. Black absorbs sunlight lol. White reflects sunlight. SMH

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Lol this is not where I thought this thread was going!

Totally unexpected! Lollololol

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

LOL I don’t just keep my weapon lying on the seat. That is stupid and very unsafe. I have a damn holster and I did mention that. Jesus man I am not stupid.

But your holstered gun is in plain sight where people can clearly ascertain it's a gun in a holster.

You're kind of begging for it to get stolen, bro.
edit on 7/28/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

But your holstered gun is in plain sight where people can clearly ascertain it's a gun in a holster.

I mean you can see it if your looking into my car but just to the average joe walking by or a driver passing by they will not notice. Hence why I have a note attached to my registration for the police. I will tell them as I pass the registration and ask if they would feel more comfortable if THEY removed the weapon for the duration of the stop.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Dude black leggings will make you hotter. Black absorbs sunlight lol. White reflects sunlight. SMH

UHHHH OMFG....LOL...yes I know that but the black acts the same as the black that football players and baseball players put under the eyes.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Lol this is not where I thought this thread was going!

Totally unexpected! Lollololol

Ya I know LOL. It just keeps bouncing between different subjects. It is kinda fun though I must admit.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I mean you can see it if your looking into my car but just to the average joe walking by or a driver passing by they will not notice.

You're banking a LOT here on assuming no one will ever take a closer peek when parked and break in it. Actually, there's no banking on anything, you're just being flat out retarded.

People absolutely ogle others' cars, usually just to get an idea of how something they're interested in looks (did this recently with a Maserati Levante myself, nice freakin' interior)
For a small segment of the population, however, they're casing your car. My husband & I prefer to default to "everyone's a thief" and never leave ANYTHING of value in ours. All someone's walking away with is napkins out of the glove box. Yours on the other hand, black market ca-CHING sitting there for the taking.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Maybe just maybe he knows you from the past and you didn't recognize him and he is just messing with you like in the old days. You know when you called your buddies fa.gs or ho.mo you know when it was all in good fun. Think about it do you recognize him at all . Maybe from school.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I mean you can see it if your looking into my car but just to the average joe walking by or a driver passing by they will not notice.

You're banking a LOT here on assuming no one will ever take a closer peek when parked and break in it. Actually, there's no banking on anything, you're just being flat out retarded.

People absolutely ogle others' cars, usually just to get an idea of how something they're interested in looks (did this recently with a Maserati Levante myself, nice freakin' interior)
For a small segment of the population, however, they're casing your car. My husband & I prefer to default to "everyone's a thief" and never leave ANYTHING of value in ours. All someone's walking away with is napkins out of the glove box. Yours on the other hand, black market ca-CHING sitting there for the taking.

Uhhh I am not being a retard. Yes I am banking on someone to NOT break into my car. But I have my piece tucked away next to my seat with a holster I got from a friend that keeps it hidden for the most part. My windows are tinted and I am pretty sure if someone did break in it would not be for the gun. It would be for the car itself.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

Maybe just maybe he knows you from the past and you didn't recognize him and he is just messing with you like in the old days. You know when you called your buddies fa.gs or ho.mo you know when it was all in good fun. Think about it do you recognize him at all . Maybe from school.

That would be a very possible situation if I lived in Oklahoma. Here all I do is work and grill.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I used to carry concealed donkey years ago.

Whether a person carries open or concealed, they have a higher obligation toward calmness or tolerance than when not armed. It's just as simple as that. You were put in a scary twist by a jerk who didn't understand the rules of engagement; had he escalated the interaction to a place where shots were fired, he would have been more culpable that you for the outcome of the situation. Why? Because you didn't engage him. You didn't cause nor escalate the situation.

You were right to have your pistol right beside you, as you had no way of knowing what this guy was planning. How did he intend to conclude this dramitic scene?

Feel bad for him, because he's a punk. Don't feel bad for you. You did the right thing, the prudent and intelligent thing, and possibly saved that person's life. Don't second-guess yourself, and don't beat yourself up. You're not a wimp. You are a stand-up citizen who chose to not allow a jerk to get himself killed.

Don't pack this around with you. You done good. If it were to happen again, you should handle it in the same way.

Much respect.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thank you. Much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Are you gay or a girl?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

edit on 28-7-2018 by SugarBom6 because: Nvm

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

UHHHH OMFG....LOL...yes I know that but the black acts the same as the black that football players and baseball players put under the eyes.

No, football players wear black under their eyes to reduce glare. LMFAO

Why do you think they wear WHITE in the desert?

Some people....

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I'm sorry and I wish I or someone had been there cause those kind of people are cowards who target people alone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join