It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are just leggings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
On my weekend when I have yard work to do I wear black leggings under my basketball shorts. They help keep me cool and are reflective of sunlight. This should be very basic knowledge to any survivalist.

I went to the store to get a pack of smokes and a six pack. IDC that it’s early I did what I had to do this week. As I was walking out some early twenty year old utilizing our open carry law(I have no problem with the law BTW) who had a COLT that was way over kill called me a fa##et......WTF man. His mental state was not one that I fealt safe being around with him clearly carrying a oversized gun and saying in PUBLIC things like that. So as I was pulling out of the lot he pulled up right behind me and kept giving me the bird. I acted as if I didn’t see as to not provoke him. But man I haven’t gripped my pistol in fear in along time. I feel bad for myself and him. I should not ever be scared and he shouldn’t act like a fool.
Anyways time for pulling weeds and cleaning the garage. Have a good day you guys.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I thought black material was absorbing of sunlight.

As an Australian I commend you on your proactive safety measures while gardening. By covering your legs you have reduced the risk of unwanted bites and stings.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wait you are a fella wearing tights?.
Each to there own like
but I agree we should be able to wear what we like.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Have you seen a basketball game within the last year? They are all wearing tights...
Why bother with the shorts?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Wait you are a fella wearing tights?.
Each to there own like
but I agree we should be able to wear what we like.

Yup I am a fella wearing tights LOL. Depending on the material of any cloths they can be helpful when hiking or working in extreme heat. I live in Las Vegas so heat is an issue here. And I wear them under my shorts as so not to make people feel awkward. But yes I can understand why some would find it weird. But if you choose to carry such a gun then you should have your sh%# together and not call other such things. I am not even gay and find those terms extremely offensive. And very immature.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Have you seen a basketball game within the last year? They are all wearing tights...

Thunder all the way!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Are you a guy? because that does sound wierd looking for a guy. But still, not worthy of this guy's behavior and threats.

If you are a woman, this makes it really odd. He was obviously a dangerous person looking for trouble.
Either way, someone's clothing should never have provoked a response like this. I always just get away and ignore the crazies; especially having recently moved to Florida where it's an every day occurance.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They wear shorts so as to not be too revealing and for good reason-no one wants to see that.

originally posted by: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What does him calling you a name have to do with him open carrying?
(based on what you've told us there's no reason for him to to call you names, he sounds like a douche)

But, why are you so easily scared?

You sound like a whiney b**ch.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

(based on what you've told us there's no reason for him to to call you names, he sounds like a douche)

But, why are you so easily scared?

You sound like a whiney b**ch.

I may possibly be a whiney B##ch but I can recognize when someone is unfit to garnish such a weapon. I assessed the situation and left ASAP. He then pulled up behind me throwing the “bird” up. I am fully confident in my ability to use weapons and especially my knives. One of the two was absent at the time. I honestly thought he was going to follow me home. Which with one text would have been a very bad idea for him.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Try camouflaging the tights, maybe, so they’re not as noticeable...

Since you work in the garden, maybe paint a nice floral pattern on them.

That should help. You’re welcome.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Are you a guy? because that does sound wierd looking for a guy. But still, not worthy of this guy's behavior and threats.

There's nothing weird about it at all, or at least shouldn't be. The town I grew up in is a definite tourist spot, especially for those that love the outdoors. For most of the year we were always swarmed by river rats and snow bunnies. lol Many of the river rats also did lots of mountain biking/hiking, and many times they would wear tights underneath their shorts, be they male or female.

I worked with quite a few of them as well, and I do remember asking them about it. One of them told me it's an additional layer of protection from the sun, as well as everything else they come into contact with while also giving full movement. Made sense to me. /shrug

Now I, on the other hand, have chicken legs. I should never wear tights. lol

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Because clearly you are just so tough
Compared to you, every other man on the planet is a whinny bitch

You embarass yourself, nobody who isn't a whiny bitch would try so hard to act like they are not one

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Because its a dogs act!

Its obviously his right to open carry, but its a just low act to go around picking random dudes on the street well carrying.

If he wants to go around picking random fights, then he should've manned up and left his gun at home... weak as piss!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Try camouflaging the tights, maybe, so they’re not as noticeable...

Since you work in the garden, maybe paint a nice floral pattern on them.

That should help. You’re welcome.

That is a horrible idea LOL. I do like to pick up the lady’s and on the weekend sometimes go out wearing these with the shorts and have good success at times. I honestly believe they help with showing confidence which as we all should know is a mans strongest asset. Well that and a few others

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Compared to you, every other man on the planet is a whinny bitch

You embarass yourself, nobody who isn't a whiny bitch would try so hard to act like they are not one

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. And the same goes for Subaer

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Compared to you, every other man on the planet is a whinny bitch.

You're not wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Sounds like a redneck mating call to me. He calls you that, you call him that back, you bro down for a minute then make up behind the gas station.

Things must be complicated out west. Where I’m from the predominant redneck mating call is a prescription bottle of pills being shaken vigorously.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Compared to you, every other man on the planet is a whinny bitch.

You're not wrong.

Hey man at least you owned it. Respect for that and the level of confidence.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Sounds like a redneck mating call to me. He calls you that, you call him that back, you bro down for a minute then make up behind the gas station.

Things must be complicated out west. Where I’m from the predominant redneck mating call is a prescription bottle of pills being shaken vigorously.

Well going behind the gas station is not exactly like my bed. And also a dude has the same plumbing that I do which is a no go. And also where are you from?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join