It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ving Rhames Says Police Held Him At Gunpoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ving Rhames Says Police Held Him At Gunpoint In His Own Home After Neighbor Reported Robbery

Rhames revealed an incident in which police responding to an alleged burglary held Rhames at gunpoint in his Santa Monica home. “This happened this year,” the actor recalled. “I open the door and there is a red dot pointed at my face from a 9-mm, and they say, ‘Put up your hands.’ Literally.” After he was taken outside, the situation was only defused after one of the responding officers.
www.vulture.com...

This was done with some sorta malicious intent , he could've been dead, these kind of call in harassment to involve the police, is very common place, but this is part of the new normal, he was especially worried about his son, being In his place.
Goto the article for more.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Nothing happened so racism.
The cops did their job.

Funny that he brings up Trayvon though.
He wasnt shot by the cops.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Nothing happened so racism.
The cops did their job.

Funny that he brings up Trayvon though.
He wasn't shot by the cops.

What prompted the call to the police was malicious if not racist which is suspect, maybe it was his fault for living among neighbours like that..plenty of high end AA communities to live in.

True but I remembered many here celebrated his death and made the idiot racist failed wamnabe cop who shot him a folk hero. hard for most Blk folks, and quite a few non Black folks to live that down.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I had a run in a few years back at a part time job I worked. I was Sunday lead at a facility on the airport so no management on Sundays and I was responsible for opening up.

Normal day, I open up, go in to turn off the alarm and the site manager had changed the code and the safe word when the alarm company calls the day before and failed to tell anyone. So alarm goes off, alarm company calls and I don't know the safe code. They tell me police has been dispatched have a nice day. Well sh*t, thanks a lot. I start calling my manager and no answer. Few mins and I hear the sirens.

I start to walk out and the cops were already approaching the front door with gun directly on me. They are yelling at me hands up, don't move bla bla bla. I stop, hands up, they open the door, drag me out slam me down and in cuffs before i could assess wtf was going on. Unfortunately I left my airport badge on table inside. They cleared the building and at first didn't want to listen that I worked there and it took about 30 mins for them to calm down and start truly sorting out what was going on. Once they finally seen my badge and I got a hold of my manager they talk to him they determined it was not a B&E and told me sorry they were just doing their job.

Stuff happens, I was scared but I lived.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A large black man entering Ving's house? That's pretty suspicious to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Did he say if he was pretty far from alright with this? Hopefully he gets some payback and goes to work on them with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Did he say if he was pretty far from alright with this? Hopefully he gets some payback and goes to work on them with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

I would suggest going medieval on his ass, but the caller turned out to be a female, so go in with some hard hitting lawyers instead of some hard hitting nnnrs. is somehow more appropriate.. Damn ma sexism is showing..

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

dont matter if theyre in indochina.

gonna be waitin in a bowl of rice

those cops #ed up. lost their LA privileges

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The thing is people generally call the police if they see something that looks suspicious. If they didn't call the police and something bad happens, then what?

We can't have it both ways.

Police are often going into an unknown situation, so of course their guard will be up until they get information to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah but don't you think a neighbor would know that Ving is a large black man. Maybe the neighbor thought it was the ghost of Michael Clarke Duncan:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Yeah but don't you think a neighbor would know that Ving is a large black man. Maybe the neighbor thought it was the ghost of Michael Clarke Duncan:

We can't assume the neighbors know who is was or even if he was the reason the police were called.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'd call the police if I saw him eating in a diner in broad daylight, he scares the white right outta this cracker.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

I'd call the police if I saw him eating in a diner in broad daylight, he scares the white right outta this cracker.

you should.
he is a menace

you heard what he did to Tony Rocky Horror for touching Mia's feet

he has a speech impediment now
edit on 28-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: intrepid

We can't assume the neighbors know who is was or even if he was the reason the police were called.

According to police, Rhames says, a neighbor had called 911 to report a “large black man” breaking into the actor’s home.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
man # that! I love Ving Rhames! He did not deserve that #! Unacceptable. Maybe should return the favor and say an unstable women next door is threatening to set houses on fire.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm sort of torn. If it was a malicious or false report there should be severe consequences, like the cost of the police response even if they have to seize your accounts, auction off your house and your stuff. If someone dies because of the malicious or false report then felony prison time should be invoked. Yes, a felony to follow them around for the rest of their life so folks will know they are a dumb ass. Don't falsely see something and say something.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

those cops #ed up. lost their LA privileges .

Actually the cops did their jobs in this I agree with Bluntone..the problem lays with that bitch who made that stupid assumption, the yr is 2018, a black person with fk-u money,even if he is big and scary looking should be able to live wherever without negative assumptions.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
happened to me...in my 20's, i was dating a mixed girl who was darker than me. Slammed to the ground, cuffed and kicked for being white in a black apt building...by black cops.

3 broken ribs, a broken nose and a swollen shut eye. I was charged with trespassing and hate crimes...just for trying to see my girl.

I was facing 10 years unless i agreed not to sue. Being young, i agreed.

Damn me, my white priveledge and hate.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: TinySickTears

those cops #ed up. lost their LA privileges .

Actually the cops did their jobs in this I agree with Bluntone..the problem lays with that bitch who made that stupid assumption, the yr is 2018, a black person with fk-u money,even if he is big and scary looking should be able to live wherever without negative assumptions.

Yeah, we cool. Two things. Don't tell nobody about this. This # is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-Ass-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business. Two: you leave town tonight, right now. And when you're gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your L.A. privileges. Deal?

edit on 28-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm shocked. This stuff is still happening in the UK. Its 2018 FFS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join