It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters doesn't want ICE abolished.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Unlike many other big-name Democrats, California Rep. Maxine Waters is not on board with calls to abolish ICE. And she believes those who are calling for an end to the agency, which enforces immigration laws within the US, have not thought the position through.

“I’ve never said a word about ICE,” Waters said when speaking at CNBC’s Capital Exchange breakfast in Washington, DC, on Wednesday, after reporter John Harwood mistakenly asked her about her position that Immigration and Customs Enforcement should be abolished.

Instead, on Wednesday Waters offered a mild critique of those who have embraced the “abolish ICE” line and suggested they might not have completely considered the implications.

“Those people who decided and took the position that it had to be abolished did not think it through in ways that said it has to be reformed,” she said, citing the need for border patrol and an agency responsible for immigration enforcement. “They didn’t really think it through and talk about it in a way that made good sense to people,” she added.

www.vox.com...

While I'm no of Maxine Waters, I'm surprised she's against the abolition of ICE.

However, does ICE needs restructuring?

As for her stances on border patrol, I believe the reason she has that stance is because Maxine Waters doesn't want Mexican Drug Cartels to bring drugs to LA due her experience with the CIA drug smuggling scandal in 80s and 90s

edit on 7/27/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Because she is up for re-election?

After all, she IS pretty pro-agency.

Following a 1996 San Jose Mercury News article alleging the complicity of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in the Los Angeles crack epidemic of the 1980s, Waters called for an investigation. Waters questioned whether "U.S.-government paid or organized operatives smuggled, transported and sold it to American citizens." The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) announced it had failed to find any evidence to support the original story.The Los Angeles Times also concluded after its own extensive investigation that the allegations were not supported by evidence. The author of the original story, Gary Webb, was eventually transferred to a different beat and removed from investigative reporting, before his death in 2004. Webb was found in his apartment with two bullet holes in his head. His death was declared a suicide.

She has been named the most corrupt member of congress 4 times.

Maxine Water corruption

So she is just saying what she needs to say to be re-elected.

She's a Democrat in California... nothing to see here... move past the piles of feces and be a good citizen!

[
edit on 27-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
She's just trying to seem moderate, I believe it's an election tactic she's trying to use, with Ocasio-Cortez being the extreme it's going to alienate a lot of voters in the midterms, so she's trying to seem like a stable voice coming up to the 2020 run.

Please please please Democrats, let her be your candidate

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What's her angle?

Not thinking things through?

She's a Dem.

LOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Social media will call her a racist:

oh yeah, maybe a Nazi or alt-right

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Dems didn't want to dismantle the ICE. They wanted to dismantle the private detention centers for illegals and asylum seekers. Have people forgotten how strict the Obama admin. was towards illegals? But I guess his admins. moral obligations seem to cloud peoples judgement.
The problem isn't illegal immigration, the problem is the current Repubs. zero tolerance which has caused a massive rift. But hey, money talks, that's all people care about, the nickles and dimes.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Social media will call her a racist:

In her case it's true.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
why cant we abolish Mad Maxine?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Mad Max. She has done more for republicans during the last Presidential election than she even knows. Being as she represents California I expect her to win the election, or at least I hope she does.

I mean I still like entertainment, and that girl exudes it. Hell I say Maxine Waters should run for President the next election cycle. She is the perfect candidate to represent the progressives.

edit on 27-7-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

When I think of Maxine Waters and the morons like her, I'm reminded of this quote. . .

"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
-Patches O'houlihan

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When I think of Maxine Waters and the morons like her, I'm reminded of this quote. . .

"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
-Patches O'houlihan

I think you just insulted the mentally disabled.

By comparing them to her.
edit on 27-7-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think most politicians are realizing that the attempts of CNN et al, to brainwash American voters isn't working well enough. It seems to work best on persons who are young or naïve. If you watch MSNBC or CNN, you would think the entire nation is enraged that immigration laws are being enforced and that there was temporary separation of children from parents sometimes during the process. But whose fault is that, anyway? Is it Trump's fault, or the fault of the parents who illegally smuggled their children across the border? Thus Melania's jacket saying, "I really don't care, do you?". This followed by Donald's remarks about Melania's disgust with fake news.

So while Maxine would like to toe the line on ICE opposition, she also realizes that American voters may not be as stupid as she would like, and may not be soaking in everything they hear on CNN from Cuomo, Tapper, Lemon, etc. It's what the Democratic party is starting to realize: they underestimated the intelligence of the American public beginning with the last presidential election. After Trump won, everything went into overdrive; liberal MSM outlets suddenly became anti-Trump machines altogether. Maxine is probably wondering what percentage of her constituents actually support the abolition of ICE, and what would happen to her if she made the wrong move.

edit on 28-7-2018 by Kohll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

She's backtracking from the Dem Party Line so she can get reelected and keep giving her family campaign cash.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So.. now she hates brown children?

new topics

top topics

join