It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal GPS Chip Voluntarilly?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this, so here seemed to be the best option. Whenever there is a missing person case, I am reminded of technology we have that could be utilized to find them; GPS trackers.

Who is doing the implanting and why I suppose makes a difference to whether or not it is acceptable.

My question to you is would you want a GPS tracker voluntarily? In the event something happened to you and you needed to be located?

A little chip, implanted under your skin? They do this for pets, should they do it to their children? Should they do it to their senior parents?

The privacy issue is a strong one, but doesn't safety supersede privacy?

Have to go now, but I will check back to see if anyone has an opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

Short answer: No, it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

My question to you is would you want a GPS tracker voluntarily? In the event something happened to you and you needed to be located?

I went 40 years without losing myself or anyone that I loved. So my answer is no.

Lost as in lost not lost as in dead obviously.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

GPS implants won’t work because the signal can’t travel through the body.

The chips in pets are RFID and only work at a close range (a few feet).

As for the idea of being permanently tracked? Most people have phones that can have a simple app installed, so no need for an implant.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Absolutely not.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If I could easily remove it...still probably no. This would be beneficial for someone with dementia who was lost, but if it becomes common, then it would be mostly useless in kidnapping, body dumping cases as the kidnapper/killer would likely remove it. For most other cases, a cell would suffice. You dont need internet to open google maps and see roughly where you are. There's an offline basic map that uses your location data.

Interesting thread!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

As for the idea of being permanently tracked? Most people have phones that can have a simple app installed, so no need for an implant.

That iphone tracking tech is now standard as of this year. Said to help 911 find callers that can't give there locations.

www.kcrg.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I heard about that, but I can see it being squished in the US due to personal privacy issues.

Not sure about the rest of the world though.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Because voluntarily allowing myself to be more or less branded with a tracking chip like some cow sounds like such a good idea.

You never know when you friendly neighborhood government would like to spy on you without either your knowledge or consent for ... reasons.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You're all volunteer GPS tracker recipients when you buy a smart phone.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My question to you is would you want a GPS tracker voluntarily?

My answer to the first question isn't just no, but H no.
My answer to the second. That is the slippery slope they will eagerly always bill something like this as " It's for your safety". What else are you willing to give up for safety? So my answer to this is also, no.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't even think it is good to chip a cat or dog. It is a foreign element within the body, the body could react negatively against it, causing a histamine response that could possibly effect more than the local area.

If people want to chip their kids or themselves, I guess they have the right to do so. I would not recommend anyone do it but am not going to say they can't. Ultimately it is the person's own choice, or the choice of the parent. I think that this practice should be strictly regulated and both parents of a kid should be required to sign for it. If the kid wants it removed when they are eighteen, the parents should be required to pay for it since they are the ones who wanted it put in.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No way. I am a very private person. When I am not working I even leave my phone at home.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Are you kidding OP? I don't even do dna testi ng...They know too much about me already!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
while it would probably be fine it makes me think of the mark of the beast in the left behind series. Really its only a matter of time when we will no longer carry credit and debit cards and will use biometric chipping. I can remember when cash was king, slowly the cards have taken over and cash has become inconvenient.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Not for me.

I am usually the first to embrace technologies without fear, but I don't want to be tracked all the time by anyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is very true. Which is honestly the nature of how the device works. But carrying something IN YOU for the sole purpose of lowjacking people is a but too much for me.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
repeating what was already said. Cell phones after 2015 are already GPS trackers.
edit on 7-27-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Carrying a phone is one thing...you can always leave it somewhere if you don't want to be "tracked" ... You still have a few choices. With a chip would you have that option? It is an honest question...would you be able to know 100% that the chip was not active all the time and you weren't being tracked 24/7?

I don't think I would be comfortable with having a chip.

Thanks,
blend
edit on 27-7-2018 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

As a ER 1ST Responder... especially dealing with elderly, dementia, Alzheimer's, autistic children... it would be a phenomenal aid to saving lives...

But then... It's also close to "Big Brother" and all the chips being "the mark of the beast" the world would be wearing.

1St Responder, Search and Rescue, EMT/ERT

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join