It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking the Silence since joining in 2008 - My Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

been on this site since 2008 and I have never posted an introduction!
Simply because at the time of joining I never had a story to tell (beyond sitting in a dimly lit room reading about topics on my PC!)

So ive been on a journey for some time involving an accidental discovery of hypnosis (and other things) and I wanted to share my story in the shortest possible way.

Ive spent the last year looking for some hope, inspiration, similar story to learn from or even a simple ray of light to clear up that foggy path that is life so to speak which I am sure some can agree does have its moments!

Now, I know some folks on here absolutely hate when threads involve videos, but when I tried writing what I needed to tell it was lost in transciption/translation for what of a better way to put it. Did not help with text being about 25 pages long and I was not even beyond telling things that have happened during pre-teen years.

A few select people who are close/dear to me suggested producing a video series (non-monetised) just to help get it off my chest by talking to a camera unscripted to tell points of my life story as a form of closure and possibly something that some people might like to hear when going through their own battles in life.

I have taken a chance here and it was so, very difficult to do, just to sit and talk off the cuff to a camera with minimal editing in places where I lost track

Halfway through the whole thing just now (At Part 2 of 4) but having started im quite keen to finish it.

I used to post a lot on here, it got me through a lot of painful times too and I quite often find myself hesitating to post now as I started this strange thing of worrying too much about what others think. Rather ironic its come full circle to the original place where I started opening up slightly and its now at the point im doing an introduction ten years later. Should become clear why if you can take the time to hear my story as to why but im also overcoming a fear here too so feck it!

Anyways, my main motivations for doing this have been so much of the pain experienced in early years, narcissistic/violent/gas lighting abuse from family members and in relationships, betrayal from friends I trusted but especially judgement from what I feel are ignorant people severely lacking in knowledge, bullying due to having hearing loss and I will cover the rest.

Thanks in advance to any of you who simply take the time out to listen and wherever you are, no matter what you are going through, I wish you all the very best!

PS: Excuse the frank tone and Scottish accent if it is quite rough!

(Apologies to MOD's if this is in the wrong section, not quite sure where it belonged)

edit on 26-7-2018 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2018 by XXXN3O because: Changed title

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Second part of four.

Will be finished the third very soon, quite a tough thing just getting things off the chest so to speak.

Quite interested to hear of anyone who has been through similar or words of wisdom too as I am feeling a bit stuck.

All the best!

edit on 26-7-2018 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Third part of four.

This covers some exciting highs and some terrifying lows that I am not proud of to say the least.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'll watch and comment, but it might take a little while so just be patient and hang in there.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Appreciated.

Taking a break for a day or two when it comes to the final video as its been a bit painful getting this off my chest.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So I sat down tonight and spoke once again off the cuff and it became so long even with editing that I have decided to make this a 5 part series of vids. (Totally going to make this a 245 part thing by the way) - Sarcasm intended!

To be honest I kinda broke down too much making the 4th part and wandered of track. Decided to keep the topics covered within it as a video in itself.

I would love to let a lot more out, after keeping my mouth shut since being a young child, but im doing my best to condense it all and keep it easy to follow for all that stumble across this story.

Part 4 will be up soon and thanks for staying the course if you are.

Thank you for the MOD's who have applaused (probably just for putting this in the right category for once) and those that have taken the time to send messages etc

edit on 28-7-2018 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Fourth part of five...

This was pretty heavy this one and cracked me up in a few places.

Thanks to those of you who are taking the time out to listen

top topics

join