It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland, Ore., to clean up 'disgusting' Occupy ICE camp, calling it biohazard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Occupy Wall Street wasn't a failure if you were at the top. Something like 17 million just kind of went away.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Both "Occupies" have been disastrous on the inside

but, they have group Yoga classes, so...

Ugh, I'm just imagining the smell of a thousand bums in unwashed pants doing their downward dog after wiping away their whiskey sh!ts with whatever trash they had with them...

exhale...inhale...gag...namaste

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Yeah, they should have given them their 15 seconds of fame and then the boot. It would have been cheaper in the long run. Instead, they are getting sh#t on twice.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Wonder what the behind the scene stuff that kept the cops from crack'n skulls. Bet lot's of do goodery was on display from counsel members to allow this to get to the point of "Chit flowing" in the streets.

Do gooders don't care though, they don't have to clean it up.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They should have built a wall to keep out the people trashing their protest.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My ever-dwindling faith in humanity, but faith nontheless wants to play devil's advocate: OP article states the protesters were cleared by police. In my mind, that looks like as if it was a "get up and go unless you want pepper spray for breakfast" situation. Most people aren't going to wait around and try to clean up, they're going to bolt.

Now, the adult thing to do would be for some of the protesters to come forward and aid in the cleanup process. This would be a win win. For the protesters, it shows they are somewhat decent people that care about their city and feel bad for trashing the place. Thus perhaps making people view them in a more honorable way instead of just "screeching libtards."

For the cleaning crews, it helps. Literally. Who knows, maybe someone makes a friend or two in the process. Maybe people for one flippin second stop their politically divisive crap and work to accomplish something positive together.

Or maybe this will just be more lost faith in humanity. Seems to be the trend as of late.

edit on 26-7-2018 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What a Neo Nazi Fascist Government over there in the City of Portland. Kicking out Peaceful Protestors? Something should be done about that.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Didn't one of these camps construct a wall to keep officers out?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I always wonder with these 'occupy' type 'protests...'

Don't these people have lives? have jobs? have families to be responsible for?

Or is it all just one big party to them?

I think the photos give insight into the answers to my questions.

Actually, a lot of them were being paid to protest.

Although these people's owners were smart enough to pay them by the day on a card.

Otherwise they would just take the money and run.

To the OP... would you honestly expect otherwise from these people... they have spent their entire lives having someone else clean up for them.

S&F

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: sine.nomine
well, people were taking shifts, people would go home, change clothes, shower etc

Then how do you account for the filth left behind? I doubt most of these people showered or changed clothes.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I know! Let's have a camp out in a park, as a sign of protest!!

That'll work. We can call it, OccupyPortland.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well, seeing as how downtown PDX is homeless "youth" central, it doesn't surprise me in the least. I drove by the occupy camp every day for work and it was a sniphole.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'll bet these assholes fancy themselves environmentalists too.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
they should send the bill to the democratic party. after all it is their politicians that have been encouraging such acts against ICE. therefore it's their mess to clean up.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

You know, that's actually a pretty damn good idea!!

That would shut some of this S# down right now!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

People have been protesting ICE since Bush created it, and since Obama militarised it, but at that time the Liberals didn't need to be associated with the "radicals", now they are trying to appropriate these things to gain access to the more "Radical" vote. just typical liberal power moves

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Who was being paid? you got receipts for that statement?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I think they gave them food stamps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join