It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desserts for bikini season

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My husband is a type 2 diabetic. Every doctor he's had, has been totally against artificial sweeteners because they've considered them even more toxic than sugar. Except stevia.

If the sugar level is low, its best to just use the sugar, maybe have a smaller portion. Or move more.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

My husband is a type 2 diabetic. Every doctor he's had, has been totally against artificial sweeteners because they've considered them even more toxic than sugar. Except stevia.

If the sugar level is low, its best to just use the sugar, maybe have a smaller portion. Or move more.

Too much of anything can be toxic. Even water.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Thanks.
These are dessert recipes. No one is going to be living on them. They are treats. They're not gonna kill anyone.

I do know some people who are constantly using artificial sweetners, they usually get the soreness and nerve problems off of them. Also, they tend to eat way more of the stuff since it is less calories. They are not losing any weight at all.

All the research you've done. Do you have any scientific, and by scientific I mean legitimate and/or credible proof? And please... don't Google and start sending links from random nutrition sites...

nutritionfacts.org...

The pain in these people actually comes from a problem in the metabolism which breaks down Phenolalanine if I remember correctly. One of the enzymes is not present in high enough quantities and results in Fibromyalgia like symptoms. I read a lot of articles on metabolics and enzymes, There are others who have put this association together. I usually read NIH, WHO, Mayo, Linus Paulding, and many medical colleges research. I also read a lot of medical journal entries on what I am interested in, sometimes I will read twenty to thirty articles a day tracking down one metabolic process or food chemistry.

I actually do not even read much from nutrition sites, but the site Nutritionfacts.org does have some really good information and videos on it. I do not believe in the Fad nutrition that has taken over the country, telling people that they should eat lots of green veggies is stupid. Plant defense system chemistry can screw a person up if overconsumed. Natural sweeteners are no better than sugar, when in the veggi, their uptake is moderated by our metabolism and also the fiber in the plant. Our body cannot self moderate absorption if the chemicals are refined.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We don't compromise on our desserts. We just make them tiny bite size.

Mini muffin, etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Love desserts....especially locarb.
I'll look around and see what I've got....I know there is a cheesecake recipe I have adapted for locarb.

Thanks for posting this, Silly

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Never been one for desserts ... except cheesecake, I could eat that till I throw up! so I stay away from making it, can't buy store bought ones either, I'm keto and they all have sugar.

One thing I have been doing this year though is eating Jelly, Literally a whole one a day, except the days I water fast, I have nothing on those days!

I swear the jelly has made my skin so much clearer and better, I thought I was imagining it till my sister commented and asked what I was doing? may be the collagen .. I have no idea.

Anyways, jelly ..so filling, I couldn't be without it!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

What kind of jelly???

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I'm in England so we don't have too many brands here, I have been eating 'hartleys' sugar free jelly all year ... mostly the raspberry, blackcurrant and lime ones!

www.hartleysfruit.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Thank you!!!
Nice to have someone respond with actual information instead of getting upset when questioned about their diet and/or nutritional choices. I've been chased out of the village many times by the Keto Army

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Thank you!!!
Nice to have someone respond with actual information instead of getting upset when questioned about their diet and/or nutritional choices. I've been chased out of the village many times by the Keto Army

I have been thinking about trying a keto diet to treat my epilepsy, trouble is I hate the sticky poop that results from eating more fats.
I do have hypoglycemia so I do eat more protein, I have known about my reactive hypoglycemia for over forty five years. Back those days it was just hypoglycemia, I do not think the doctors called it reactive. I suffered my share with it, I did not want to give up all the good things I should have given up. I am still here, I am alive. I just cannot drink a high sugar drink unless I continue to drink sugar drinks all day. Then the crash is at night, I do not feel the lightheaded feeling or spinny head.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

I'm in England so we don't have too many brands here, I have been eating 'hartleys' sugar free jelly all year ... mostly the raspberry, blackcurrant and lime ones!

www.hartleysfruit.co.uk...

I still cannot figure how those sugar free jellies work. If you do not put the required sugar in freezer jam along with the pectin, it gets moldy within two weeks of being in the fridge after taking out of the freezer. The chemicals and aspartame in those must somehow kill microbes. Pectin itself is a sulfonamide like product, killing microbes. High sugar also kills microbes so they cannot grow in the jam. The difference is that sugar when eaten in moderation has little effect on microbe populations in the gut, and pectin is still active. But in the jellies you posted, there are a few microbe killing chemistries and aspartame remains a microbe killer even when in smaller concentrations.

They keep telling people they need probiotics yet all the foods kill off all our gut flora constantly. I tried the probiotics and colon flush one time, it made me feel like crap, I am not tolerant to some of the probiotic strains they put in there. It was an expensive kit, supposedly with many strains, but we have lots of microbes in our guts. The only way one of those products work is if you consume the diet the people making it think is appropriate. I have problems with lactobaccili if I take them regularly. I also am intolerant to milk products, told I am actually allergic to milk years back. I still drink it but suffer. Part of my problem might be that I must not get along with lactobaccili that well.

I tried their system of yogurts and other special foods and it makes me sick. I do eat an occasional yogurt or a glass of strawberry milk. I put milk in my coffee too and eat foods containing milk. I do not want to give up milk or I will become even more reactive to it, I know people who did that and now they cannot even eat some cakes or pancakes because they react badly to them because they have milk in them.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I have a few low-carb cheese cake recipes.
Chocolate, raspberry, plain.
Ill find them and post them.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm a glutton. A tiny bite will just make my mouth mad at me.
Lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

My sister is diabetic, and she eats whatever the hell she wants (with real sugar). She can knock down cheesecake, chocolate, you name it. :/ Of course she checks her BS, and either takes shots or has a pump, depending.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'll have to see what our local stores have
I'm in the USA

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I make a low carb/low fat dessert when I go to family BBQ's and what not. It's pretty simple to whip up as well.

Ingredients:
Low carb/low fat angel food cake
Whipped Cream
Blueberries
Strawberries
Kiwi fruit

Bake the angel food cake in a cake pan. Once it's done and cooled add the whipped cream to the top just as you would frosting. Cut up the fruit and throw it on top of that evenly.

That's it. One of the quickest desserts I've ever made. If you need to save time you can buy the angel food cake and cut/layer it into a sheet pan instead of baking it.

Thanks!
blend

edit on 31-7-2018 by blend57 because: added that it was a low fat dessert as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ok I have to come clean and just say, after a brief word with a close friend and a quick look around, it seems it is very unlikely the jelly helped my skin at all, though it does have a few other benefits I believe!

The things that probably have helped my skin are increased water consumption and decreased to almost zero pop consumption, especially ones containing caffeine. The reason I never correlated the two directly are because they never really happened at the same time like you would think!

Anyways, apologies for jumping the gun and maybe misleading here, it wasn't intentional at all, it was a lazy correlation on my part!!!

... and Rickymouse, ty for always teaching me and this board so much in your posts, knowledge dropping like that are why I joined this board in the first place over a decade ago!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying.
I don't think I could eat straight LC jam in any quantity anyway.
I'm also on a losing roll right now....so don't want to make any big changes to what I am eating LOL

The water makes more sense.
Also, in addition to the caffeine, the carbonation in pop is bad for your teeth and bones, although if you do a search you get conflicting info.

I make a tea I drink cold. I grate ginger, also use dried ginger run through the coffee pot. I use sugar-free sweeteners, usually splenda based....and yeah, I know it's not the best, but it doesn't bother me much.

Anyone use monk fruit????

top topics

<< 1   >>

join