It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe the fake news -- peace is coming in Korea.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
South Korea Considering Major DMZ Shake-Up as Denuclearization Looms

This is encouraging. After last week's reports that North Korea has begun dismantling one of its key nuclear sites, this week it's being reported that South Korea is scaling back its military presence along the DMZ as a show of good will.

The Ministry of Defense said Tuesday it plans to withdraw troops and equipment from guard posts at the DMZ as part of broader efforts to effectively implement the Panmunjom Declaration, the agreement signed by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the landmark inter-Korean summit in April, KBS World Radio revealed.

edit on 25-7-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
True, but the tunnels are being closely monitored.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Mr. Un Tear down that DMZ.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

And i feel fine.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Like everybody else says it'll take time to believe it but it's been 50 years in the making it will take time to remove.

Trigger the haters!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's a good thing Mr Un is settling down.

What happens next?

How long does the world spy on North Korea before it can be free?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

60 years of hate doesn't go away overnight. But it's good the process has finally been started.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

We're spied on and we're supposedly free.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

60 years of hate doesn't go away overnight. But it's good the process has finally been started.

Eh, you'd be surprised. Germany and Japan got fast tracked into the good grace of the world.

That said, I'll believe peace in Korea when I see it. I'm hopeful, but skeptical.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Eh, you'd be surprised. Germany and Japan got fast tracked into the good grace of the world.

That said, I'll believe peace in Korea when I see it. I'm hopeful, but skeptical.

Germany got fast tracked? Hell there was a wall dividing the country until the late 1980's, and keep in mind, their leader was dead by the end of WW2... Or was he?
edit on 25-7-2018 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Germany got fast tracked? Hell there was a wall dividing the country until the late 1980's, and keep in mind, their leader was dead by the end of WW2... Or was he?

True, but Japan was definitely given a fast-track into putting WW2 in the "ancient history" category.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

Considering their crimes, I'd say they were fast tracked.

Keep in mind only half of the country was under hard rule post WWII.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We're spied on and we're supposedly free.

As free as your bank account lets you be.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

When the borders open. After that happens, if that happens, the Kim Dynasty is done. It'll only be a matter of time.

It may take a generation...but it'd become inevitable--if the borders open.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hope it becomes true, as for the site being dismantled, my guess is it's the site rendered not useful anymore due to previous testing.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yes, they were. For two very good reasons. China, which shortly after WW2 went Communist, and the Soviet Union who had designs in the east.

Just incidentally, the reasons West Germany was rebuilt so quickly--and less attention paid to "former" Nazi's than should have been--are strikingly similar. But that's a subject for another thread.

Japan was rebuilt to help provide a bolster for US interests in the region, as does South Korea. It's one of the reasons that China would have kittens over any reunification of Korea.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When the borders open. After that happens, if that happens, the Kim Dynasty is done. It'll only be a matter of time.

It may take a generation...but it'd become inevitable--if the borders open.

I'm somewhat cynical, the borders in America will open before the ones in Korea do....

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The borders of the US are fairly open. Too open. But that, too, is a thread for another day.

Oh, I'm just as cynical. So cynical, in fact, that I can see China invading to prevent it... I doubt they would, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did, either. They want that buffer between the US-South Korean alliance that North Korea provides.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Absolutely, coupled with their islands in the south China sea it certainly appears China mean business.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A unified Korea, with closer ties to Japan, not to mention other Asian countries that aren't the People's Republic, worries China.

Unified Korea. Vietnam. India. Japan. Taiwan. Australia. Six countries that all have close military and political alliances with the US. Add to that the possibility of warmer relations with Russia?

Oh, the litter of kittens the Chinese will have is going to be impressive.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Really...TRUE PUNDIT is your source? LMAO

Any legit news sites reporting this? Can only find right wing fake news sites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join