It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study that proves YET AGAIN that glyphosate is dangerous even at low levels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

The answer may come when we're all sick dying or dead. And by that time, none of this will matter. Because we'll be D.E.A.D.

In other news, the average lifespan for citizens of the world continues to rise and is projected to do so up to 2030? Is that false?

The biggest killer in the USA is from eating too much fatty foods, or being sedentary. Then self poisoning through narcotics? Is that false?

And you are worried about alarmism concerning glyphosate

Everyone that takes a vaccination will die, so I guess vaccinations are bad too?

As a Scientist I am more worried about the cover up of observations concerning the critters. Bugs are missing from the environment compared to the last 20 years where I live. People are noticing no bugs on the Windshields of their cars (not complaining there), or very few bugs.

Did anybody have June Bugs or Japanese beetle?

edit on 24-7-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Take a spoonful and get back to ATS?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I cannot and will never agree that eating genetically altered food, sprayed with poison as a healthy alternative.

But food where mutations were forcibly created with radiation is ok?

How dumb.

I think you need to research beyond hack websites.

Here’s a tip, virtually all of our food has been modified in some form or another. As I said above some even by dousing the plant in radiation to create mutations.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Saw a field full of Japanese Beetles in the Research Triangle. (Breeding and being productive)

They seemed fine.

I even have had a few indoor ladybugs.

They aren't gone from this area, though I will say, the population is observationally lower than I expect for the area.

Chadwickus has some interesting viewpoints.

I'm pretty sure arguing about the misuse of a poison is less constructive than finding alternatives.

"Farmers are misusing herbicide."

Okay, endemically, we can't stop that misuse. Our correct course of action should be to find an alternative product without the after effects.

Attempting to educate farmers is a much steeper hill, than finding an alternative weeding method.

Either that, or we control the usage of the herbicide, and farmers will have to pay trained professionals to come disperse it.

There are so many options on the table. I like to solve problems once, however.

Many of those options require additional work, down the road.

The fix of finding a non-harmful alternative, would be permanent in every direction. Over time, it will be the fix that requires less resources.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Canada are probably leading the way with herbicide management.

Farmers are encouraged to rotate different types of herbicide for example.

Singling out monsanto while ignoring everything else, as so many do here, is extremely narrow minded and ignorant.

Finding a non harmful alternative would be nice, but we’re talking about poisons here, something designed to kill.

edit on 24/7/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I hadn't considered herbicide rotation.

Micro scale lab tests will be a poor example to implement that type of process on a country-wide scale.
(So, I'm glad Canada is a nice test-bed/example, in this case.)

We have enough controversy with one poison.

You want more?

I hope we just technology this problem away.

Maybe it would be worth our time, to just have a whole separate planet for our farming needs.

All our eggs are in this Earth basket, right now.

One major disaster and poof, no more food.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Archivalist because: meh 3 meh from the dead

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: neutronflux

The answer may come when we're all sick dying or dead. And by that time, none of this will matter. Because we'll be D.E.A.D.

In other news, the average lifespan for citizens of the world continues to rise and is projected to do so up to 2030? Is that false?

The biggest killer in the USA is from eating too much fatty foods, or being sedentary. Then self poisoning through narcotics? Is that false?

And you are worried about alarmism concerning glyphosate

Everyone that takes a vaccination will die, so I guess vaccinations are bad too?

As a Scientist I am more worried about the cover up of observations concerning the critters. Bugs are missing from the environment compared to the last 20 years where I live. People are noticing no bugs on the Windshields of their cars (not complaining there), or very few bugs.

Did anybody have June Bugs or Japanese beetle?

Funny? When I drive at night, it sounds like it’s raining from all the insect strikes? Used four gallons of windshield cleaner so far this summer? The lighting bugs in June looked like a light show each night at dusk? Record number of tick and misquote spread diseases?

Still getting bit by misquotes, deer flys, horse flys? If anything the black fly population is worse in spring than twenty years ago?

Still 6 to 10 butterflies in the mimosa tree at any given time. And the Japanese beattles laid waste to the hardy hibiscus again.

Still kicking up grasshoppers when I walk the driveway?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

edit on 25-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Messing with image

edit on 25-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Fail

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Still messing around with photos.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Curious.... do you blame car manufacturers for road deaths, or gun makers for shootings?

Hell no, that would be like blaming posters here for their Idiot Commentary.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Curious.... do you blame car manufacturers for road deaths, or gun makers for shootings?

Hell no, that would be like blaming posters here for their Idiot Commentary.

No it wouldn’t....

There is no one else you could possibly blame for that idiotic comment apart from your own self.

And Monsanto, right?

edit on 29/7/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Hey now, don't let your inner emotions control what exits from your verbal device aka your Mouth. It's not healthy.
edit on 29-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join