It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Technically i live in a "city". But folks shoot varmints out there all the time. We bought a 22 cal air rifle so we could dispatch varmints more quietly.

And accurately? My Remington .22 is the most accurate gum I've fired.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Great summer song. Here's another one:

Summer Breeze

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hi Tex. What sort of "Varmints" do you shoot?

One of my favourite phrases: "It's quieter than a Texas Salad Bar."

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Varmints! That is a true Americana word for me even from childhood watching the Beverly Hill Billies!
Is your airgun pretty powerful then? They are restricted here as you would expect in 'listen to your mother' Britain lol

The legal muzzle-energy limit for air rifles is 12ft.lb and for pistols, 6ft.lb. You do not require any form of licence for sub legal-limit airguns.
For rifles producing more than 12ft.lb,a Firearms Certificate (FAC) is required. Air pistols that produce more than 6ft.lb are prohibited.

What kind of critters prowl your parts, we've just got Badgers, Foxes, and Hedgehogs really...rats and mice of course but my outside cat deals with them, eats the lot except the tails, they get left outside my front door.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Great summer song. Here's another one:

Summer Breeze

Top tune!

It deserves embedding for the cafe ambience, couldn't pull the one from bing but here's the radio version off youtube...

I hadn't heard this in ages, nice one, free iced coffee for you mate.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Cheers. That version was by Tommy Shaw from Styx and Jack Blades from Nightranger, but you can't beat the Isley Bros.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Haha I thought it was different, I liked the version you posted...I'll look now...here we go...
...you can find anything on the Banter Cafe jukebox

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I want that Full English Breakfast now if nobody else minds. Hold the mushrooms, black pudding and fried tomato though, they are nasty. Thanks.

Oh yeah, and toast with marmalade and/or Marmite. Real butter too, margarine forbidden.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yeah, its powerful enough to kill armadillos and whatnot.

Under 50yds it'll pop holes through 1" pine. It can hit a 100yd target.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Hi Tex. What sort of "Varmints" do you shoot?

One of my favourite phrases: "It's quieter than a Texas Salad Bar."

Mostly snakes (we have rattlers) and armadillos (they dig up grubs in the yard...my oldest dog dislocated both knees last summer stumbling in the holes).

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Haha, only real salted butter served in the Banter cafe mate, people have been banned because they asked for margarine! ...same with those other pretend butter spreads, banned from the kitchens here.
Good choice funny tune, I haven't heard that for years

Keep them coming.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow armadillos that's a powerful air rifle, are armadillos a pain in the arse stealing food from bins or whatever?
I'd think it was pretty cute if I saw them running round my backyard, unless of course they cause problems like rats?

EDIT
Just seen your reply to OldCarpy, ignore this lol
Hope your dog recovered.

edit on 23-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Nice place CCG. Is there anyway you could add a song for the jukebox for me?

Having issues with it; Sunset Grill - Don Henley

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

No problem, always a pleasure to please patrons

...never heard of this before, nice tune.
edit on 23-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: First youtube didn't embed either lol, fixed now

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thank you so much 😊

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

the 9 band armadillo is a carrier of leprosy. that said, they are welcome so long as they aren't causing issues.

At work we are in 11 acres of forest. managing the wild life there is one of the things we take on. armadillos, foxes, squirrels, deer, racoons, and possums are frequent visitors. We trap cats to remove (they kill squirrels, etc), and frequently catch a racoon instead. They just get released back onto the property.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Technically i live in a "city". But folks shoot varmints out there all the time. We bought a 22 cal air rifle so we could dispatch varmints more quietly.

And accurately? My Remington .22 is the most accurate gum I've fired.

I was looking at buying one of those this weekend. Used and in great condition for £110. Reviews said go for the Gamo varmint stalker classic and they have a used one for £125. It's not for anything more than plinking stuff so the price has to be low.

ETA - wrong gun! It was the .177 Express not the .22
edit on 7.23.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wow, I didn't realise Leprosy was a thing in the US, I'd stay away from them for sure!
Sounds cool where you work. I'm in general maintenance/building and my main gigs are in residential areas, but anytime I get to build fences/stables/whatever in the countryside I'll snatch it. I often do work on an Alpaca farm and they are funny crazy beasts make me laugh a lot. The woman who owns the place raises them for their fur/wool.
...I wonder if you can eat Alpaca, could be a new dish on the Banter Cafe menu...I'll go search now...

Lean, tender and almost sweet, alpaca meat is nutritionally superior to many of its red meat counterparts. Lower in calories, fat,and cholesterol, this high-protein, exotic meat is beginning to appeal to those seeking out alternatives to domesticated meat like beef or pork, and even wild meat, like venison.
I might go speak to the woman again, maybe she does sell them for meat as well, she only mentioned their coats to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I haven't had an air rifle in years, wish I still did, my last one was a Webley Tempest .177 pistol back when I was 14 in the 70's. Bet it would be worth a few quid now.

I have a rare 1980's Barnett Commando Crossbow, 150lbs strain, like a shotgun to load which you don't see any more much. I shoot with my mate on his field, it's a beast.
Here's one on ebay, it's beautiful and I wish my brass was in the same condition, worth $350 apparently...
Ebay

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'd love a go on a good crossbow. Downside is you can hike out of Keswick or Buttermere with a covered rifle and nobody looks twice. Carry a crossbow and folk get twitchy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join