It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy: 'Disconnect cannot continue' between Trump and intelligence community

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

"The evidence is overwhelming," Gowdy said. "It can be proven beyond any evidentiary burden that Russia is not our friend and they tried to attack us in 2016. So the President either needs to rely on the people that he has chosen to advise him, or those advisers need to reevaluate whether or not they can serve in this administration. But the disconnect cannot continue. The evidence is overwhelming, and the President needs to say that and act like it."

Well I don't necessarily disagree with what he says here but I don't particularly view exposing DNC corruption as an "attack", if Gowdy does support Trump then that attack helped elect the guy he supports. However I think Gowdy is onto something when he says some of the advisers need "reevaluate whether or not they can serve in this administration". This approach of viewing Russia as the arch enemy of the U.S. is clearly not going to align with the approach Trump is taking and they need to take a damn hint and get on board or leave.
edit on 22/7/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Speaking only for myself...

Love? Hardly. Respect? Hell, yes...you'd be foolish not to. Perhaps dead, as well.

Trey Gowdy seems to be casting the blame in the wrong direction. The President doesn't answer to the intelligence services, they answer to him. Period. I get the distinct impression, and I'm not even remotely alone in this, that they're actively working against him, and the country.

How hard is it to see that?

Yet, according to some, Gowdy among 'em apparently, we're just supposed to take on faith? That faith, what little there ever was, died about the time my Dad told me some of the things the CIA/DIA, etc... got up to in Vietnam--I heard those stories when I was a nought but a yonker in short pants.

It time, and past, for the Church committee to be revisited. For realz this time 'round.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Trey Gowdy seems to be casting the blame in the wrong direction.

I'll Agree to that.

The President doesn't answer to the intelligence services, they answer to him. Period

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The US did not back Poroshenko. So The Guardian is outright lying when they use the phrase "US-selected administration."

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Gowdy showing the courage of not running for re-election, which is not courage at all. He can kick rocks.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The President doesn't answer to the intelligence services, they answer to him. Period.

Tell that to the Kennedy's....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm well aware of the stories.

That's why I said it's time to do something about it. Church Committee style hearings would be a good beginning, followed by wholesale firings, and/or prosecutions.

For those unfamiliar with the Church Committee, this gives a fairly concise overview of it: Linkee.

The various govt. agencies that make up the intelligence apparatus of the United States have become, over time, a malignant cancer...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: neo96
Talk about disconnect.

When the Ukrainian president was replaced by a US-selected administration, in an entirely unconstitutional takeover, politicians such as William Hague brazenly misled parliament about the legality of what had taken place: the imposition of a pro-western government on Russia's most neuralgic and politically divided neighbour.

www.theguardian.com...

And a yet greater disconnect is to think that after we did something like this to him, that Putin is our friend and wishes us all well.

So very true and a star for you for thinking logically.

However, the Trump admin weren't responsible for any of that.

Also, in recent news: USA is sending 200 million dollars to Ukraine for defense against Russia.

Does any of this make sense after Trump and Putin were partying in Helsinki?

Think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join