It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concrete proof for the power of mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The "Have it your way" effect. I think it's closely tied to the Mandela Effect and proves that we are powerful creators of this construct.

You can even come up with different variations of the words such as "Green storm", "Brain needle" and even "Gray needle". Just visualize the words and in your head and think what they represent to you and the toy will utter those words. For instance, imagine a storm with green winds, green lightning and swirling green clouds and say "Green storm" to yourself and you will hear it in the video. Imagine a needle that is literally the color green and say "Green needle" and you will hear that. Do the same for Gray Needle and you will hear that.

We are indeed more than we know.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: genma

Care to elaborate a bit?

Watching the video, all it is is a guy playing with a toy that appears to flicker, then say 'white needle'.

How on earth does this prove anything?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: genma
The "Have it your way" effect. I think it's closely tied to the Mandela Effect and proves that we are powerful creators of this construct.

You can even come up with different variations of the words such as "Green storm", "Brain needle" and even "Gray needle". Just visualize the words and in your head and think what they represent to you and the toy will utter those words. For instance, imagine a storm with green winds, green lightning and swirling green clouds and say "Green storm" to yourself and you will hear it in the video. Imagine a needle that is literally the color green and say "Green needle" and you will hear that. Do the same for Gray Needle and you will hear that.

We are indeed more than we know.

And a pendulum will swing whichever way you are thinking about as well. Try it.

Nothing magic - just very subtle (unconscious) muscle activity.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nope.... no change for me i am afraid )

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Uh, so if this toy, can read what words we are thinking, Why does the video, only show the same thing OVER AND OVER?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
All I can get is "brain storm." Maybe "brain stone."
Maybe green or gray if I try to imagine it.
And it was Berenstein when I was a kid.
edit on 20-7-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This really does work if you concentrate hard enough. It might not be enough to just say the word, you need to visualize what the word represents to you in your head. I able to hear five different variations of the words on command and with ease now. Just use the technique I describe in my OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This really does work if you concentrate hard enough. It might not be enough to just say the word, you need to visualize what the word represents to you in your head. I able to hear five different variations of the words on command and with ease now. Just use the technique I describe in my OP.

You do of course realize you are playing mind tricks on yourself? Convincing yourself hard enough that you hear something that isn't there.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

You do of course realize you are playing mind tricks on yourself? Convincing yourself hard enough that you hear something that isn't there.

I don’t know...the different words sound clear as day to me and I know I’m not hallucinating or mis-hearing. There is definitely something to this. Maybe my mind is indeed transforming “brainstorm” into other words but that is the point of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If you could make it REALLY say different things, my mind would be blown. But you are simply hearing what you want to hear, therefore it's all in your head.

If you really CAN make it change, it will be easy to film and upload. This one simply is a loop of the toy saying the same thing each time.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"Green needle."

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Care to elaborate a bit?

Watching the video, all it is is a guy playing with a toy that appears to flicker, then say 'white needle'.

How on earth does this prove anything?

There's a Google invention you wear on your jaw and it can translate mental words you say in your mind from signals your jaw muscles get just from thinking words.

Radiant energy is used to charge phones wirelessly at Starbucks now...

Not a far stretch that something like this phenomenon in this video could occur.

Naysayers of previously thought of as "woo-woo" topics are gonna be "oh-my"'ed and brought to a grand silence as common cultural tech catches up with what was once speculative or intuitive prospects of legit interactions with matter...

The fun part is watching the skeptics poop their jaw dropped pants. ...lol...they missed all the fun and wonder...stuck in their tight wad boring excuse of experience of life.

Mindless cowardly drones pertinent on not upsetting their juvenile attachments to the safety of their huddled peer groups stifled anti-evolutionary mindset...

Exact antithesis of the human plight of advancement...
Makes me sick. But I'll humor them. They don't know any better...
edit on 7/21/2018 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We played around with this, and discussed it a couple of months ago. Having said that, it's always interesting to get fresh perspectives on the phenomenon.

I was able to get "Brainstorm" "Green Needle" "Green storm" and "Brain Needle" among a couple of other very similar variations.

This Telegraph article provides a little more explanation of how the effect works.

Enjoy!

-dex

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The thing that gets me is that this is a pre-recorded video that should only have one outcome yet I distinctly hear all these different variations from it that I can command at will. Some of these variations sound nothing alike so it leaves me wondering how is this possible. This is definitely more than a mind trick just as I know for a fact that several Mandela effects are not either. I’m telling you, this is the power of the mind At work in a malleable reality shaped by quantum physics. What are the chances that you can predict the outcome of something 100% of the time with 5+ potential results?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That was a trip!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! 👍🏼

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. 😄

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The thing that gets me is that this is a pre-recorded video that should only have one outcome yet I distinctly hear all these different variations from it that I can command at will. Some of these variations sound nothing alike so it leaves me wondering how is this possible. This is definitely more than a mind trick just as I know for a fact that several Mandela effects are not either. I’m telling you, this is the power of the mind At work in a malleable reality shaped by quantum physics. What are the chances that you can predict the outcome of something 100% of the time with 5+ potential results?

It's not actually giving you a different outcome though... it's repeating the same exact sound over and over. But it's a low quality "recording" if you will. Such a low, raspy quality that the brain must fill in the "missing" or "distorted" data/information.

Just like there are songs that people mishear the lyrics, and SOME songs that have the word sound like more than one possibility.

There is a popular song right now called Stressed Out, that goes "wish we could turn back time, to the good old days, when our mom's would sing us to sleep, but now were stressed out". As an opiate addict in recovery, I talk to addicts a lot, I try to help them by sharing my experiences and how I stopped using dope.

One of these people who go to the methadone clinic with me said that they always hear "turn back time to the good DOPE days". And I never heard it that way before, and I still don't, because I already had a connection to that song and knew the correct lyrics. However, if I TRY to hear it? If I EXPECT IT...then I do hear it.

It is still a very neat and interesting thing! 😀👍🏼

Thanks for sharing bud👍🏼

new topics

top topics

join