It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spirited, Substantive Debate on the Trump-Putin Summit, Russia, and U.S. Politics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

It will only get worse from here. Nothing Trump nor anyone else can do about it.

I mostly agree with you. While there will always be cheaper production workers across the world, if we do something about being 25th in education, we can go back to doing what we do best, providing services. It's not all doom and gloom, even though at any given time people are always selling it like it is. We're always on the brink of disaster, and somehow we weather through it.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Man, I haven't listened to Glenn Greenwald in a long time.

How refreshing!

I need to proactively seek his work out more often.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

So democrats created cheap labor force overseas?

The market dictates wage.

The market said see ya Murica.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow, just finished watching the first vid. It's hard to escape Greenwald's fact-based common sense. I'd like to have a copy of that transcript.

That's exactly what Trump and Putin are getting at. It's quite remarkable and in any other administration would be considered epic and brilliant. It's so sad the globalist factions obfuscate the reality as they attempt to salvage as much of their messed-up foreign policy as they can at the expense of the peoples of the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

How refreshing!

If you go to TheIntercept.com he has his own section there. I truly love most of his work and interviews. Unfortunatly The Intercept is getting a little mainstream and are starting to pick up "journalists" who load up their articles with buzz words and emotion.

I like Glenn because he is pretty straight forward. Most people don't realize he doesn't even live in the US because of differing views with the government. Yet he will still take a pretty fair approach when he weighs in on issues.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'd like to have a copy of that transcript.

Transcript one

Transcript two
edit on 20-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Yeah and I believe he's always identified as liberal. He's a thinker that knows what he's talking about and his journalism gets right to the point. Of course the MSM isn't gonna give him much airplay.

He knows as much or more than any journalist alive about the NSA and he made a great point in the vid about the various hacking and more intrusive operations we carry out daily around the globe.

You CANNOT expect a productive dialogue if you publicly "shame" another leader for doing the same. It's very silly to expect that that would do anything but hurt the potential discussion.

edit on 20-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Transcript one

Transcript two

Most excellent. Thank you very kindly.

Yeah, The Intercept ain't what she use to be but Glenn is always worth a read. He covers a lot of the areas where most of us were in agreement at one time as regards the surveillance state and our empire building/regime change foreign policy.

That's what TPTB fear the most: That we put aside our perceived and/or manufactured differences and focus together on the problems we face because of those things.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Outstanding vids! I really like Greenwald's no-nonsense, here are the facts, take it or leave it approach. I especially like the discussion on the NATO expansion and how that turned out to be a mistake. I if Canada and Mexico were Russia backed.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well, thanks for this; watched half of both at lunch time. Would have watched more but frankly it was painful. Seemed to me that Glenn Greenwald had the better perspective on all of this. It strikes me again, watching Cirincione brings up his points that there's something profoundly weird about the Democrat/Progressive positions on all of this. While they have some valid points of concern, their hatred of Trump and Trump's supporters has so warped their thinking that they almost seem circled away from their base positions. An example is their concern about nuclear war heads on the other, but their hatred of Trump is such that they take the position that its better that the leaders of the two most nuclear tipped nations don't talk to one another.

Another example is that whereas when Bush was POTUS after 9/11, they were highly skeptical of the Intelligence communities assertion that Saddam had WMD's, but now they believe all that same Intelligence community produces. Skeptical on the one hand and entirely trusting and without skepticism on the other. An objective analysis would indicate that in reality, the Intelligence Agencies produce the intel that the leadership asks for! But they produce that Intel without providing much of anything in the way of credible evidence.

I think what we may have going on here is an addiction to outrage.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I think what we may have going on here is an addiction to outrage.

While I liked all of your points, you wrapped it up nice and put a bow on it at the end. And you see it from all kinds of groups in this country.

We forget that we're all on this little plot of land on a spinning ball hurtling through space together. At the end of the day the people we are arguing with are our neighbors who care about their community, family, and country as much as we do.

Hell, we probably all agree on a vast majority of what problems we need to solve, we just see a different way of solving them.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Comment to add to my previous comment.

There's this new interesting question of "what does Putin have on Trump?"

An interesting theory was advanced by Steve Basset/Paradigm Research to the effect that the recent "disclosure" material was made available by the US government just subsequent to the 2016 election out of fear that Putin would do the reveal before the US in order to discredit HRC who was presumed to be the winner of the 2016 election. He seems to think that the "insiders" of the Elites in the US are quite concerned about Putin trying to undermine the US system by creating panic over ET presence or something along those lines.

Yea, its kind of a weird leap but you can hear him discuss that in a recent Jimmy Church Radio interview from I believe, last week.

Here, I found the link for you.

His comments are way at the end if you want to skip to them. I was only half-heartedly listening so I can't quite explain his idea any better than I've stated it.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Oooh. Good find...thanks. will flag for later. I hope they get into the future of economies as one of my big things is that AI is irreversably taking good jobs.0

Bingo - it is the economy that is ultimately at stake here.

Status Quo Capitalism or something better....

The stakes are the survival of humanity and the biosphere.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Nothing would surprise me anymore haha, thanks for the link. I'll give it a watch after work.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The minimum wage should offer at least as much purchasing power as it did 20 or 40 years ago. The minimum wage has not kept up with inflation.

Refuardles of what you think about minimum wage, it used to be enough for a person to have an apartment, a vehicle and few extra dollars. No where in the US can a minimum wage worker even afford and apartment and food.

Our leaders have failed us while the 1% keeps taking a larger percent of the wealth, leaving the workers to rely on Welfare programs just to get by. The system has failed.
edit on 20-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

How refreshing!

If you go to TheIntercept.com he has his own section there. I truly love most of his work and interviews. Unfortunatly The Intercept is getting a little mainstream and are starting to pick up "journalists" who load up their articles with buzz words and emotion.

I like Glenn because he is pretty straight forward. Most people don't realize he doesn't even live in the US because of differing views with the government. Yet he will still take a pretty fair approach when he weighs in on issues.

There is a weekly podcast as well called The Intercept if you are into that kind of thing.

I find Glenn Greenwald intelligent and thorough, the intercept overall too. But there is something that makes me take it all with a grain of salt. Don't know what it is... kinda like .... hm William Buckley ... a distain for others .... an arrogance that potentially hides blind spots ... lack of humility.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Some democrats are in bed with wall street ..

ALL REPUBLICANS ARE IN BED WITH WALLSTREET..

Check which side gets the most lobbiest money.. it is public record..

Republicans get all the private prison money.

They get the majority of the big pharma money..

All the big oil lobbiests..

And most of the other big wig corporatations..

The democrats get Hollywood. Silicone valley and the unions.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

How refreshing!

There is a weekly podcast as well called The Intercept if you are into that kind of thing.

I find Glenn Greenwald intelligent and thorough, the intercept overall too. But there is something that makes me take it all with a grain of salt. Don't know what it is... kinda like .... hm William Buckley ... a distain for others .... an arrogance that potentially hides blind spots ... lack of humility.

Yea, I get that sentiment. It's not what it used to be. And I have listened to almost every podcast but have stopped recently because I want to keep my respect for Scahill while he is obviously struggling emotionally through all of this.

Glenn is the man, poster child for someone who should be rabid against the US government but criticizes fairly and defends when it's due.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Some democrats are in bed with wall street ..

ALL REPUBLICANS ARE IN BED WITH WALLSTREET..

Check which side gets the most lobbiest money.. it is public record..

Republicans get all the private prison money.

They get the majority of the big pharma money..

All the big oil lobbiests..

And most of the other big wig corporatations..

The democrats get Hollywood. Silicone valley and the unions.

I don't have a team man, and a lot of what you said is right. But you're guilty of what many are in today's political climate, excusing actions with those of "the other team".

The point is the democrats hail themselves on being "the workers party", while the right does not (or do so in other ways).

Do you disagree with my original response to you?
would you argue both parties don't have gaping flaws? Do you think the best way to fix a party is to show the imperfections of the other?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If we, our fractured society, find ways to break out of this repub/dem mindset and recognize that hiding behind either red or blue there is a professional criminal class that is best described as "Uni-Party" we could literally change the world for the better. What the uni-party are are Globalists and/or opportunists. The Swamp as it were.I know I'm not telling you anything.

Greenwald is the example that there is common ground and that our collective old enemy is doing their worst while we tilt at the windmills of each other.

I do believe--and find it encouraging--that the silent majority is making up it's mind and can see the smoke & mirrors for what they are. Sad that we are deprived of that camaraderie and true power by the sold-out MSM making us feel outnumbered and that it's useless to resist the Borg.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join