It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Passes Controversial Jewish Nation-state Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

"Israel passed early Thursday a controversial bill that officially defines Israel as the national homeland of the Jewish people and asserts that "the realization of the right to national self-determination in Israel is unique to the Jewish people," sparking outrage from Israel's Arab community and provoking concern from the international community."

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumin

I think it's dangerous to proclaim a country as "the will of God" so to speak. Religion and country shouldn't mix. Once someone or a country says they are doing "the will of God", how do you argue that?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I do agree with you Critical! All we have gotten from using God as an excuse for our actions is thousands of years of war and death.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mhmm, I think this is somewhere in the bible.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can let us know if indeed the apocalypse is near or not..

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The nation-state law also includes clauses stating that a "united Jerusalem" is the capital of Israel and that Hebrew is the country's official language. Another says that "the state sees the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation."

They want to grab all the land is left. In few years Palestinians would live in reserves... or under Jewish laws.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

aaaaaaaaaaaaand they are EVEN CLOSER than last week to becoming the Nazi Germany they claimed were evil. thats a Religious and Nationalistic stance they have taken.
if they keep going its gonna push people to the idea that Nazi Germany and Israel are not so different in the end game.

its kind of sad, could it be their anger over the events in the 1900's has poisoned their integrity? that article demonstrates them declaring themselves "Supreme".
I guess its true for nations as it is for people... you become what you most hate if you dont let go of that hatred.....

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumin
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I do agree with you Critical! All we have gotten from using God as an excuse for our actions is thousands of years of war and death.

and under a million deaths in total in those thousands of years, if we are gonna focus on the wars committed not over territory or resources but strictly the wars over some religious Ideal.
Secular nations have caused more deaths in the 20th century than all religions combined in over a millenia...

not to sidetrack the thread, just pointing out the facts....

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Mhmm, I think this is somewhere in the bible.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can let us know if indeed the apocalypse is near or not..

based on my knowledge of prophecy this should technically set back the apocalypse. one of the biggest requirements for "Revelations" is the rebuilding of the temple of Solomon, which is supposed to be a place of worship for ALL Abrahamic Believers, meaning Christians Muslims and Jews.

so by locking themselves in like this, is a step backward at this time in prophecy.
but it does make me wonder... might be time to break out old Nostradamus and see if there is anything in there about this.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

We could always force the surrounding nations the Palis belong to to re patriate them or face sanctions. Yasser arafatt gave the game away when he said they are made up. And by made up i dont mean fake people i mean the claiming of palestinian heritage.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

We could always force the surrounding nations the Palis belong to to re patriate them or face sanctions.

Yeah like Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

They could give back the 'Palastinians their land'.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23599079]neo96[/pos

Palestinians are on their land, shame Israel has stolen a lot of it

Britain being partial responsible for the troubles there should be allowed to send troops in Rectify the mistakes of the past and force a two state solution for both sides

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

If you say so.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I read that some variation of this law has been in the works for seven years. Every other time the law was deemed to be too discriminatory. I think that sums up the sentiment behind this law pretty well.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Let me know when they build the ovens.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I know. The Palestinian state ruled that area for a long time. I forget though, can you give me the dates it formed and was ended?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I know. The Palestinian state ruled that area for a long time. I forget though, can you give me the dates it formed and was ended?

It was not a state though.The ottomans ruled the area. When the ottomans rule ended it became nothing.

(post by manuelram16 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Im a christian and I know Isreal is supposed to have a get out of jail free card, but lets call a spade a spade. Its like biblical black mail, there is a ton of scriptures that warn of destruction if you dont protect them. So the fear of God has Christians everywhere defending theft. www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

But stealing peoples land is just not right. They might be a "nation state", but did they draw any lines on a map that showed where it begins and ends? The bible is full of stories of the Isrealite wars. Taking over peoples land is not new to them. They werent very nice people then, and they arent nice people now.

There is a huge difference between what they were originally given and what they currently occupy. They are literally pushing people out of their homes and building settlements. If Isreal was defined with boarders they wouldnt be able to just overstep some clear boundaries it would be considered an act of war.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Why do people still follow the king james version, when it's known to have been edited?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: misskat1

Why do people still follow the king james version, when it's known to have been edited?

Is there ANY version of the Bible that has NOT been edited? What does that even mean? The Bible is a book of short stories all thrown together, many of them contradicting each other. If you want to talk about "editing" go back the Council of Nicea when it was determined just which stories got to stay in and which were thrown out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join