It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the ‘dog pound’ (A Story of Immigration in the US)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Migrants... are often held in such facilities before being released or transferred to longer-term detention centers.

Until that reads "...before being deported back to their home countries" we will continue to receive waves of these gate-crashers.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

concentration camp conditions.

you should really stop saying that. its kind of disrespectful to all the people that were actually in concentration camps.... last i checked there was no forced labor, medical experiments, beating, starvation, gassings, mass graves or rapes in any of these places.

drop the false narrative its childish

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

it was NOT found illegal. yet again your outrage seems to stem from a fundimental misunderstanding of the FACTS of this matter... brought on undoubtedly by the emotional manipulation from the MSM. its a page right out of the Edward Bernays handbook: Emotion overrides logic.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"stain on our history" ....?

My understanding is that these people are escaping dangerous conditions in their home countries... that's terrible; as a father of two little girls I have a soft spot for family's trying to escape such places... I would do anything for my girls; even break the laws of another country if it means a safer life for them ... so I can certainly understand why these people do the math and enter illegal rather than try to go the long route of doing it legally. Any one who says differently ether doesnt have kids or they dont love their kids.

... but if I view the whole picture.... dangerous conditions in home countries, a argeous trek through the desert, a stint in the ice box (air conditioned tents in Arizona), seperasion from my kids where they are housed in the same foster care facility that American children reside ... it is clear what the stain on history is and it ant the ice box or us foster care.

If I where trying to escape death and destruction in my home country I would dream of US foster care for my kids... Any one who says differently ether doesnt have kids or they dont love their kids.

So is it a stain on our history that we don't have our $hit together with regard to illegal immigrant? No Fing way. There has never been a more compassionate time as now for the downtrend. More work to be done for sure. But it never helps to lie or deny reality.

edit on 19-7-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

not thrown in to concentration camp conditions.

Can you find hte pictures of the ovens, mass graves, and execution grounds for me?
Are you really that ignorant of history or you just purposefully being disrespectful to holocaust survivors?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have zero sympathy for anyone who came to this country illegally. They should be glad they're being fed and have a roof over their heads. Send every last one of them back across the border, no matter how young or old. I don't owe them anything at all, NOTHING, and the quicker they're gone, the happier I'll be. And yes, you can call me an A-hole, or whatever. I do not care. Your opinion of me matters not one whit at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

it was NOT found illegal. yet again your outrage seems to stem from a fundimental misunderstanding of the FACTS of this matter... brought on undoubtedly by the emotional manipulation from the MSM. its a page right out of the Edward Bernays handbook: Emotion overrides logic.

Oh so you are privy to information that the rest of are not , care to source this information that you consider to not be msm brain washing?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hunamongyou

I have zero sympathy for anyone who came to this country illegally. They should be glad they're being fed and have a roof over their heads. Send every last one of them back across the border, no matter how young or old. I don't owe them anything at all, NOTHING, and the quicker they're gone, the happier I'll be. And yes, you can call me an A-hole, or whatever. I do not care. Your opinion of me matters not one whit at all.

We you aware that a while bunch of immigrants from manus island which is one of Australias holding pens have been accepted into America and are currently trying to settle in the U.S , they were in detention for 5 years before a deal was struck with the U. S to accept them, what should their fate be in your humble opinion?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Won't have much time to reply today, need to go to a wildlife preserve nearby for that hawk I mentioned. I did read the replies so far.

Many of your assumptions and preconceptions could be answered or even changed by reading those statements linked in the OP. Read why they came here and why they chose to escape. In what I read, a very VAST majority were escaping death threats, rapes, even threats to have their babies raped and then killed. I don't think that's an economic immigrant.

Anyways, don't read my post, don't read anything I say if you don't like what I report on, but open those statements and read them, at least. Otherwise, what are you all doing here?

Catch you later.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wherever they came from, to there they should be returned.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

concentration camp conditions.

you should really stop saying that. its kind of disrespectful to all the people that were actually in concentration camps.... last i checked there was no forced labor, medical experiments, beating, starvation, gassings, mass graves or rapes in any of these places.

drop the false narrative its childish

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

not thrown in to concentration camp conditions.

Can you find hte pictures of the ovens, mass graves, and execution grounds for me?
Are you really that ignorant of history or you just purposefully being disrespectful to holocaust survivors?

Silly Americans who obviously don't know history.

Concentration camps where not a "German" only thing. Nor do they equal death camps.

Us British invented the bloody things.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Gee. I bet none of them were coached in what to say. Ergo why it takes time to vet every story. Also....why do you think 98% fail to show up for their hearing? Choosing to go on the lam?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Cool so some kids are back in the hands of their traffickers... err umm parents.
My bad...

What's your point OP?
People are flooding our country illegally and you somehow think every one should be handed a universal income and a free house or something just for making it here?

You break the law you face the judicial system. If you are reckless enough to drag your kid along for the ride I don't see how you can be considered fit for parenthood. There is a right way to do something and a wrong way. Why do leftists seem to always prefer the latter?

I'm of the mind to just take the same approach as Mexico here and funnel people north to Canada. Their liberal utopia clearly has enough to go around...
edit on 20-7-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Stop breaking the law assholes.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not feeling much sympathy.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Since Italy's election of a "far-right" government refusal to take in additional refugees has actually cut the number of those drowning while attempting the cross the Mediterranean in half. Enforce the law, build a wall and we won't have to worry about human tragedies happening while incarcerated in ICE facilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join